Are cracks developing in Geoff’s plan?

I like Geoff. I really do.

But if anyone isn’t concerned about the 2021 class, they’re just fooling themselves.

Agreed. The excuses or justifications in this thread for recruiting thus far are really dumb. In @18in32 FCA thread, CGC talks about the amount of recruiting they're able to do and are doing with different techniques and tools. The results aren't from a lack of access, and the kids we've lost (to this point) have been on campus before COVID.

The 2021 class is going to come down how well you can sell what your school can do on the “name, image, and likeness” front. This brand guy we hired is obviously supposed to be assisting with that.

I hope we have a good handle on that.

CGC gave people recruiting against GT a lot of material to work with last season. We need to get on the field, and beyond that to a bowl game to change the narrative. Once a positive trend is shown, the recruiting magic should happen again.

I pray that we are in decline someday like Bama is in decline.

When you've had the #1 or top 3 recruiting class for as many years as Bama has, then having a top 10 recruiting class is a decline; having a top 20 recruiting class would be major freakoutery decay. So yes, I would like to be in decline like Bama is in decline. Losses to the #2 and #15 teams by a combined 8 points, completely missing the conference championship game, winning a 'who cares' bowl in Orlando; yes that is something to long for.

thanks - I went and big-cried that thread too.
upload_2020-5-1_15-6-53.jpeg

Man you must have loved the 70s
Not even vaguely similar. Saban won a NC two years ago. The past two years he’s 25-3. The four years after Dodd’s NC, he went 36-7-2. That’s a better comparison.

And yes that looks great from 3-9.

When you've had the #1 or top 3 recruiting class for as many years as Bama has, then having a top 10 recruiting class is a decline; having a top 20 recruiting class would be major freakoutery decay. So yes, I would like to be in decline like Bama is in decline. Losses to the #2 and #15 teams by a combined 8 points, completely missing the conference championship game, winning a 'who cares' bowl in Orlando; yes that is something to long for.
At this point .500 is something to long for.

I'm not seeing how this doesnt prove CGC is a world class recruiter.

Same for Saban and crew. Why else would a team drop so much when the only change is they cant recruit? FWIW teams doing above average would generally be places that recruit themselves.

Back