Are cracks developing in Geoff’s plan?

I stand behind my initial comment, but it’s not worth arguing about. How would you assess our recruiting right now? I’m happier with it than I was two weeks ago. I heard we are about to get a 4 star. That’d be great. I believe we are currently ranked 46.

If we stay 46th, what would be your assessment of our recruiting success for the year?
BS question. We aren’t going to finish 46. But IF we do I will be disappointed. But I won’t be until it’s over and they all sign.

Looking at recruiting rankings in May is like looking at election results at 7:15 am on voting day. Seriously?
Yeah. I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume that’s why @gtfan088 is calling me a dumbass. Clearly, where we were is not good enough for y’all to consider it successful if it’s where we finish, but y’all believe rankings are not worth considering until some later time. Fair enough. I think my initial post was similar. It did say that I was aware commits change etc, but 50th place isn’t where I wanted or want to be.

At what point in time should we consider rankings?

Yeah. I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume that’s why @gtfan088 is calling me a dumbass. Clearly, where we were is not good enough for y’all to consider it successful if it’s where we finish, but y’all believe rankings are not worth considering until some later time. Fair enough. I think my initial post was similar. It did say that I was aware commits change etc, but 50th place isn’t where I wanted or want to be.

Thursday

When the total number of commitments each school has is close to the total number of slots they have. That is the point where additional commitments don't change the rankings very much. I think Alabama is ranked around #47 right now. Pretty sure they aren't freaking out.

At this point last year, weren’t we ranked in the top 10 and above UGA?

When the total number of commitments each school has is close to the total number of slots they have. That is the point where additional commitments don't change the rankings very much. I think Alabama is ranked around #47 right now. Pretty sure they aren't freaking out.
Gotcha. Sounds good.

The rankings are meaningful at this point in time. There's just a lot higher variability in them.

No idea; why don't you google that?
OK.

Judging by the amount of recruits with those photo shoots in Tech gear in the locker room or past quotes from their Junior year or before March even, it's safe to move on from the "kids haven't seen our campus" reasoning.

OK.

Judging by the amount of recruits with those photo shoots in Tech gear in the locker room or past quotes from their Junior year or before March even, it's safe to move on from the "kids haven't seen our campus" reasoning.

Looks like thorough analysis, wrap it up folks.

OK.

Judging by this post, we can ignore your thoughts on the matter.
When a new coaching staff comes in and starts marketing "#404theCULTURE" and how GT is in the middle of downtown Atlanta, are you seriously suggesting that not being able to bring them on campus isn't affecting recruiting?
tenor.gif

When a new coaching staff comes in and starts marketing "#404theCULTURE" and how GT is in the middle of downtown Atlanta, are you seriously suggesting that not being able to bring them on campus isn't affecting recruiting?
tenor.gif

I'm saying recruiting is a long term relationship building process and the recruits we're talking about have been to campus, have met the coaches, etc. It's not as if the first time recruits could ever visit campus/coaches begun end of March.

That's why I say that reasoning doesn't make any sense.

tenor.gif
Starting to sounds awfully like “the defense goes against the scout team so they don’t get cut that much, the offense isn’t the reason we can’t get good DL recruits”

I'm saying recruiting is a long term relationship building process and the recruits we're talking about have been to campus, have met the coaches, etc. It's not as if the first time recruits could ever visit campus/coaches begun end of March.

That's why I say that reasoning doesn't make any sense.

Official visits make a difference.

So, we had 12 commits this time last year. One 4 star and three high 3 stars. The rest a mix of low to mid three stars and a couple diamonds in the rough.

This year, we have 8 commits. One 4 star (BlackStrain) and three high 3 stars (Rutherford, Robinson, Collins are a 5.7 on rivals) . Additionally, 2 mid 3's and a couple diamond in the rough candidates.

Last year, there were complaints were that we just had quantity but the quality wasn't really going up. This year, the complaint is that the quality is fine, but we don't have the quantity?

Debbies gonna down, I guess.

Back