ATL: Above the Line Watch: 2020

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
Seems like the game yesterday was pretty clean from an injury perspective. Anybody got any insight on how we came out of it?

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Seems like the game yesterday was pretty clean from an injury perspective. Anybody got any insight on how we came out of it?
Didn’t notice any new injuries. I think both TEs, Ryans, and Swilling all played despite not being ATL, which makes me wonder what the point of the ATL chart is.

JRjr

interchange

Jolly Good Fellow
Didn’t notice any new injuries. I think both TEs, Ryans, and Swilling all played despite not being ATL, which makes me wonder what the point of the ATL chart is.

JRjr
They don't list new injuries or returnees from injury on it so we leave opponents guessing on that front. So it only shows who improves/regresses in practice or who's next on the depth chart if someone was out the week before.

Tre was listed for this game but also announced as team captain, so they weren't hiding his return.

stingmeyall

Flats Noob
Just perusing the season stats the following DL should be getting the bulk log PT if able to play, Ryan, Clayton, Dominic and Youngjuen,sic.? It was so painful watching the game live I had to rewatch recording. We are still woeful tackling on defense.

oldgold68

Bitter old man
English öööööööööööö, does KQ speak it?
Listen to his presser questions. Nearly every one of his question starts with WTTE of "Hey (insert coaches first name), I was just curious...(insert some general subject).
Why the hell is he so curious about such shallow subjects that could apply to any coach in any sport at any school?

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I did see both Dylans in the game last night so I guess the ATL chart means nothing at this point, eh?

Ryans also played...

MeatWrench

Holder of all Moon records
Maybe already been hashed out here but any thoughts about which position groups benefit most/least from this philosophy?

It may pay dividends down the road but it seems like ATL at CB has been a bit of liability. Memory says they aren’t throwing at 3 (understanding he’s just got back on the field) and 21. I have to imagine we have lock-down personnel groups for critical downs though conversions this season on 3rd and long show work yet to do if that’s the case.

Conversely, it seems like DL and RB are two places where ATL can have significant benefit given the nature of what they are usually asked to do.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
I like ATL. Makes a ton of sense to me at every position but QB and kicker. And sometimes you want to keep those secret.

I understand why coach leaves players returning off the ATL but I would prefer to know and don't think it actually helps the other team when it is less than 48 hours before the game. Also, since we don't name starters, there is no way to know if the player is going to get 5 or 50 snaps so not sure what values it gives the other team.

The reason I would like to know is so that I know who to look for on the field. The way TV coverage works now, it is near impossible to know who is on the field. You hardly ever see "starting" list and the announcers regularly misstates who is in the game.

So I want to know if Ryans is not playing because he is hurt or because he is BTL or other reason. That could be true at many positions.

Basically and hypothetically, I think it adds a little excitement to know that Mason (or Tre) is returning for this week's game and anticipating that versus the anti-climax of seeing him on the field at some point in time.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Sylvain done for 2020. Ryans out, Jahaziel out on DL. Didn't even know Dingle had moved inside.

OL seems immune to it this year, but DL can't catch a break. They've been getting hurt til we have to change positions for 3 years running.