Awesome #24 (again) - Anree

Yeah, this still get me worried. I know we will be solid in this system with a good quarterback, but I'd love to see us getting loads of 4 star and a few 5 star kids in our system, especially in defense.

Never going to happen. I don't believe GT has ever had a 5 star recruit....well...we had one for like half a day (Tuitt).

Yeah, this still get me worried. I know we will be solid in this system with a good quarterback, but I'd love to see us getting loads of 4 star and a few 5 star kids in our system, especially in defense.

Well, I suppose I would like to see that too.

I guess

This class has 4-5 legitimate 4* on it (Gray, Bryan, Philpott, Campbell, and definitely Ratliffe before the accident). Still not sure why Gray is not a #10 in state prospect

Last edited:
so what's the butthurt level in savannah after this got announced?

so what's the butthurt level in savannah after this got announced?

super high. Like Brad Stewart vertical high.

Truth be told I'm sure Brad was explained the situation, so he should not be surprised or disappointed by any developments before National Signing Day.

I felt it was too volatile for a potential recruit with a lot of fans.

Are you new to recruiting by chance?

Am I to assume his name is pronounced like the French would pronounce Henri?

I'd love to see us getting loads of 4 star and a few 5 star kids in our system, especially in defense.

If you want that, you need to convince a few hundred thousand people to become Tech fans and buy subscriptions to Rivals and Scout. Then those services will be motivated to bump up recruits we are after who are as yet uncommitted, to maximize the drama and the ad money.

You watch it long enough, you see the pattern. An uncommitted kid with an offer from Texas and Alabama is an automatic 4-star minimum. The more people pathetically hang their livelihood on the last-minute decisions of 18-year-olds, the more money is made by Rivals and Scout. Hence, the favoritism is less toward schools with successful programs, and more towards schools with huge, rabid fanbases. Up north, the NFL is king to fans. Down here, it's college football. That's why the south dominates recruiting headlines. All in my humble opinion of course.

Who was our last 5 star recruit?

Stephon Tuitt :hsugh:

We've never had a consensus 5 star recruit sign with us. Even Calvin Johnson is rated a 4 by one service and a 5 by another (although i highly suspect they retroactively upgraded his rating from a 4 to a 5).

Let's start another thread if we want to discuss the value of rankings. I for one I am still pretty öööö pumped with this commit. I figure he projects to a SSDE? A likely RS with all the DE bodies we have already, but pack some weight on there and you're looking at an explosive SSDE. If Glanton and Henderson pan out we've got the pieces to make a quality DL a few years down the road.

If you want that, you need to convince a few hundred thousand people to become Tech fans and buy subscriptions to Rivals and Scout. Then those services will be motivated to bump up recruits we are after who are as yet uncommitted, to maximize the drama and the ad money.

You watch it long enough, you see the pattern. An uncommitted kid with an offer from Texas and Alabama is an automatic 4-star minimum. The more people pathetically hang their livelihood on the last-minute decisions of 18-year-olds, the more money is made by Rivals and Scout. Hence, the favoritism is less toward schools with successful programs, and more towards schools with huge, rabid fanbases. Up north, the NFL is king to fans. Down here, it's college football. That's why the south dominates recruiting headlines. All in my humble opinion of course.
Paranoia often is rampant on message boards. The simplest answer is the best, and that is that 4 and 5-stars look elsewhere.

The simplest answer doesn't prove its the right answer.

There is no sense arguing this at this time. This whole system is relatively new. Tom Brady went to Michigan before the star system existed.

But it is getting older by the day. The recent article on the SB teams showed a lot. The fact that SEC teams have dominated the rankings since they started, yet the ACC will have about the same number of Pros, is extremely telling.

Again, there is no sense arguing right now. The data is there to mine. Someone will mine the data, and that will tell us all we need to know.

Back