Awesome #24 (again) - Anree

Cool story bro time:

I stood 3 people back of Calvin Johnson in line at customs at Hartsfield for like an hour one time.

I saw Calvin Johnson at Tech Square once as he passed me. I almost said something!

Cool story bro time:

I stood 3 people back of Calvin Johnson in line at customs at Hartsfield for like an hour one time.

Even a cooler story: I sat next to Calvin in marketing class. He was always very polite, soft spoken, and humble. He is definitely a class act and I'm thrilled that he is having such a high level of success (not by BOR standards).

I met Calvin Johnson once, in a "hey you rock" sort of way. He was not your typical 5 star recruit.

I formulate my opinions of 5 star recruits based on the data, which show they are more likely to end up in jail than in the NFL, and that none of them are playing in this year's superbowl.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ar-look-at-fivestar-college-football-recruits

Of those 262, 116 were drafted (44.3 percent) and 42 went in the first round (16 percent); 38 percent of the five stars who were drafted were first-rounders.

and

Not all the five-star recruits had a shot at being drafted. Two were in prison, and another faces a March trial for assault. A handful had to give up football because of injuries. A few never played a down of major-college football because of academic issues. One decided on a pro baseball career, and another chose pro track. And there are two former five-star guys whose whereabouts are unknown. We have identified those players.

Now, maybe some other players got arrested at some point, too, but you're comparing 116/262 to 3/262.

Nice try Architorture, "the beej" formulates his opinions based on data, ok? It's just that his data (not presented here) shows that even though roughly half of 5 stars make it to the NFL, the other half all get arrested, FACT!

Nice try Architorture, "the beej" formulates his opinions based on data, ok? It's just that his data (not presented here) shows that even though roughly half of 5 stars make it to the NFL, the other half all get arrested, FACT!

Here's some data. Exactly 13% of your posts contain butthurt about beej's opinions.

Buzzczar, that you?

Derrick Steagal was 5*'s top player in state of Georgia

Steagall, which is how his name is spelled, was perhaps the most hyped, ballyhooed, revered, endorsed player ever to commit to the Yellow Jackets

Year...Pos...G...Rec...Yds...Avg...TD
1993..WR...10....24...385...16.0...1
1994..WR....5....16....223...19.0...3
1995..WR....9....27...406...15.0....2
1997..WR...11...32...625...19.5....3

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/derrick-steagall-1.html

B8U7Q5ECcAE_p6q.jpg

Steagall, which is how his name is spelled, was perhaps the most hyped, ballyhooed, revered, endorsed player ever to commit to the Yellow Jackets

Year...Pos...G...Rec...Yds...Avg...TD
1993..WR...10....24...385...16.0...1
1994..WR....5....16....223...19.0...3
1995..WR....9....27...406...15.0....2
1997..WR...11...32...625...19.5....3

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/derrick-steagall-1.html

Can't really blame him for those stats, he was snakebit with injuries. I do remember a ND transfer Albert Poree (sp?) who was a 4 or 5 star. He didn't do anything. Alao, Donnie Davis was the number 1 QB in the country when he came here. Still burns me how he was misused.

Is it AHN-ree or AHN-rey or something different? Want to say it correctly after the sacks.

I saw Steagall play in high school. There was just a different sound as he went running by. He was clearly the best player on the field that night, and my alma mater had about a half-dozen guys or more from that game who went to play in college.

Back