BC vs GT game in Ireland back on!

Probably will draw bigger ratings being the only game on at 9:30 am eastern than it would going up against other matchups.

and at 7:30 we wont have to compete with cartoons or gameday. Just have to beat out infomercials for abflex power 8. Brilliant move imo.

Probably will draw bigger ratings being the only game on at 9:30 am eastern than it would going up against other matchups.

It's 730am eastern, that's the weird part. Should be 9:30am at worst.

Probably a scheduling problem at Aviva? Weird still...

I remember when candied apples only cost a nickel.

The old man is right. Those prices are ridiculous. I'm debating whether I should stay with relatives and open up the possibility of them staying with me when they come stateside or go to a hostel.

I'll probably go to a hostel.

It kicks off at 7:30am EST. It'll be over before most people are out of bed and realize there's a football game on. As it stands now, the 2nd half will be starting ~9:30am EST and nobody is gonna care about watching us run up the score even more.

Those package prices are ridiculous. Who would pay that?

Yeah I thought they included your flight when I first saw the prices. I don't understand how they come up with those numbers for what you get. Guess I'll be getting my own hotel with friends and secondary-market-ing tickets close to the listed Tech sections. All for probably a third of their prices.

andrew you mug.. It's 730 not 930 you moran!

I just wanted to pile on.

Those package prices are ridiculous. Who would pay that?

Yeah, especially given that they don't include airfare. I'm going to try to turn this into a ~week long vacation, so hopefully I can do better just booking things myself. I wonder if GTAA will sell tickets outside of these packages?

JRjr

I remember when candied apples only cost a nickel.

Dang when was that?

I travel all the time, I know what it costs. That's how I know those prices are crazy. This is the internet age. Anyone with half a brain can work out their own hotel, city tour, transportation, etc. and for significantly lower cost.

Dang when was that?

I travel all the time, I know what it costs. That's how I know those prices are crazy. This is the internet age. Anyone with half a brain can work out their own hotel, city tour, transportation, etc. and for significantly lower cost.
All of the GT packages are like that. The Notre Dame prices are absurd. I think they're mainly targeting the older alumni crowd who just don't want to worry about it and will pay extra to not have to.

...which makes your reaction all the more confusing.

All of the GT packages are like that. The Notre Dame prices are absurd. I think they're mainly targeting the older alumni crowd who just don't want to worry about it and will pay extra to not have to.

:rotfl:

Who the hell picked 12:30pm as a kickoff time? Why not make it an afternoon or night game and let it be at a reasonable hour back in the states? Good luck to our west coast alumni waking up at 4:30 in the morning to catch this one.

They always do that with the Ireland games, so they can put a game on in the morning before the rest of the games start. It will be the only thing on TV in the slot.

Yes.
and yes.

also, it's not hard to avoid score/text updates if you DVR it and watch it at 10 am.

They always do that with the Ireland games, so they can put a game on in the morning before the rest of the games start. It will be the only thing on TV in the slot.

at 7.30 in the morning? I bet it's really hard to be the only game on TV in the slot.

They still could have done that with a 2pm start. I guess they don't want it to interfere with ESPN Gameday. At least they'll be showing a lot of JT5 highlights during the show. And he'll theoretically be leading the country in all the QB statistics for a few hours.

So do we bring our own fish to throw at the locals or can we buy it from the local fishermen?

:rotfl:

Maybe that's your clue that I'm not an old GT alum incapable of using a computer.

Here's coit's computer.

RomanAbacus.jpg

Yeah I thought they included your flight when I first saw the prices. I don't understand how they come up with those numbers for what you get. Guess I'll be getting my own hotel with friends and secondary-market-ing tickets close to the listed Tech sections. All for probably a third of their prices.

I'm big into credit card churning (just got back from a 2 week vacation to Europe where all I paid was about $200 total in taxes and fees for 2 economy tickets (DCA->AMS; ARN->AMS; AMS->JFK->DCA) and all hotels free.

Looking at a few 4* hotels in the area, the median price per night is about $500. Multiply by 3 nights and you can sort of see why they're so expensive. Hotels in city centers are hella expensive in Europe. I'm going to start planning my next big churn to get over there for free!

Back