BC vs GT game in Ireland back on!

I got to go to Dublin for my company like 5 years ago and it's an awesome city. It is easily the most friendly place I've ever been to. It was like every single person's highlight of their day was talking to me. It actually took a couple of days to get used to how nice everyone was. It was the exact opposite of my trip to Germany the year before. Basically, Dublin is great and I literally can't say one bad thing about the experience I had there.

Most of the non work time we had was spent in various pubs throughout the city. If I could pick one place to recommend I would definitely suggest going to the area around Temple Bar. It's a really cool part of town and you have to drink a Guinness or 10 at the Temple Bar itself. It's a very cool pub. I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it, lol.

One other thing I noticed is that the hotel we stayed at, Bewleys at Ballsbridge, is one of the hotels in the GT travel packages. It's a pretty nice place but there's something else that makes it memorable, the horse statue they have. I think everyone going should stay there just to get a picture with the statue. Click the link below to see what I'm talking about. This is the giant statue they have out in front of the hotel. (Picture linked to be on the safe side)

http://www.sidewalksafari.com/2011/07/out-and-about-in-dublin-bewleys.html?m=1

Ireland and Scotland are playing on FoxSports 2 right now at Aviva Stadium. Looks like a nice stadium.

thumb.aspx

I feel bad for the people that spend all the money to fly to Ireland to watch us play like öööö against BC

I feel bad for the people that spend all the money to fly to Ireland to watch us play like öööö against BC

LOL, Ireland won't know the difference, nor will they know that we have a high school offense from the 60s.

I don't. It will be an awesome trip either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Fortunately, most fans don't let their happiness in life be determined solely by what some 20 year-olds do on a football field.

Yeah I'm going because it's Ireland. Tech playing BC is just an excuse really.

Doubtful. BC is complete, total garbage.

Last weekend:

WAKE FOREST 3
BC 0

FINAL
They held wake to 3. Daaang it may be worse than I thought. Our defense will give BC 21 points and our anemic offense cant compete against a mediocre defense

BC has only given up 40 points this season. Bad offense. Solid defense.

Turns out it's happening next season as well. So who knows how either team will play next year. They could be better or worse. Same for us. Either way I'll think we'll win and and even if we don't should be a good trip for anyone that goes.

Yeah I'm going because it's Ireland. Tech playing BC is just an excuse really.

Exactly this. I've always wanted to go to Ireland. I like watching Tech play in new and interesting places. Win or lose, it'll be a fun trip.

And really, we all know that there's no way that a team can make a 180 degree turnaround in performance from one year to the next, right?

JRjr

They held wake to 3. Daaang it may be worse than I thought. Our defense will give BC 21 points and our anemic offense cant compete against a mediocre defense

Stop being such a ööööö - the game is like 11 months away. We don't even know how good or bad we'll look on Saturday, much less in an entirely different season.

JRjr

Was the game ever off?

Early on, the game was on and off a couple of times when it was in the rumor phase and then when it had to be moved to a different stadium and hosted by a different group, or something. It's been solid since it was officially announced.

JRjr

Flights booked. London first for some BPL soccer then Dublin for 'Murica football. STOKED.

Back