Big 10 ded.

T-Bone Burdell

Flats Noob
We don’t need no sticking conferences. Let the GA governor declare a state of emergency and have all the in state schools play a season at MBS. How many schools are there?

GT
GSU
another GSU
Sav State
KSU
Athens Correctional
Mercer

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
I
I say we just play the Mutts on Thanksgiving. Call it an exibition or whatever you want. I saw this coming since March. I still think next season is 50/50 at best.
2021? I'll put money on that one.

Chattanooga Jacket

Damn Good Rat
Will sec and ACC play anyway?
When a new conference cancels, the chances dwindle considerably. It appears that most schools want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. The optics would be bad for schools going against the grain.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
Tell me this. Do these kids in non-participating conferences lose eligibility?

If so - it's horrid for those kids. Even if you allow them free transfers, there would only be space for a select few.

If not - these conference essentially can't recruit next year. If that happens, and an entire class of top talent heads south, they may never recover.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
I agree. We should cancel 2021 right now because there will still be CTE, flu, knee injuries, and those 2 or 3 people a year that just drop dead during summer two-a-days. We can't be too careful.
How could he possibly start the statement with this?

“The mental and physical health and welfare of our student-athletes has been at the center of every decision we have made regarding the ability to proceed forward."
This is a sport that can result in cte and always has serious physical injuries including the occasional death.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
Moderators, you can gfy.

The heart concern gives these Big 10 leaders a juicy little soundbite that helps convince people this is about the kids. When any idiot can see what is really going on here. We don't have any long term data on coronavirus heart effects, but we know it affects the heart much like the flu does.

I hope the BIG10 does try to play football in February/March, heart of the traditional flu season.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Absolutely. Surely they will ban automobiles for students next because that age group is 865.53% more likely to die in a car crash than from C19.
I like the cut of your jib... but I'm also curious if that 865% is real. Sounds real. Do you have a real number or back-up for it?

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
This is a moment for the ACC to stand up. No more dumbass GT president pushing snowflake University bs. There is risk in everything we do. Mitigate it and play ball.