Big 10 ded.

If I were a B1G player I’d be entering my name into the transfer portal immediately. Teams in other P5 conferences will only have so many spots available and the NCAA will drag their feet before finally rubber stamping waivers that cripple one conference. Their current coaches will welcome them back if they end up needing to stay.
Nobody has room at this point and most schools either have started classes or will in the next week. No where for them to go which is probably why they waited this long to announce.

Nobody has room at this point and most schools either have started classes or will in the next week. No where for them to go which is probably why they waited this long to announce.

You think a team like LSU or uga would blink at finding a way to get a junior with a day 2 draft rating looking to improve his stock enrolled by next week?

1597191274703.png

Mebbe if B10 does not play we can get a 12th game with Nebraska, who wants to play.

I like the cut of your jib... but I'm also curious if that 865% is real. Sounds real. Do you have a real number or back-up for it?
It's difficult to calculate dead on apples to apples, mainly because the age groups don't line up exactly for available auto and C19 death totals. One might be able to get an exact comparison depending on how much time you have in your day to google. If memory serves, I compared CDC C19 deaths and NHSTA deaths in 2018, because that's whats available. IIRC the closest comparative age groups I could find were 15~24 for C19 and 13 to 19 for auto deaths. Certainly not data to support a pure technical analysis, but close enough to get a general picture. Pretty sure the figure is low because I doubled the C19 number to roughly annualize it and the slope of death rate is declining, so the 865% number is pretty conservative regardless. Also, that was an age group only comparison, not by sex. Although, the percentage distribution of deaths of male vs female for auto or C19 was surprisingly close.

Moderators, you can gfy.

The heart concern gives these Big 10 leaders a juicy little soundbite that helps convince people this is about the kids. When any idiot can see what is really going on here. We don't have any long term data on coronavirus heart effects, but we know it affects the heart much like the flu does.

I hope the BIG10 does try to play football in February/March, heart of the traditional flu season.
How are they going to play in outdoor stadiums in Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. in February and March? They can replicate the Dallas vs. Green Bay ice bowl each week in multiple locations. No draft eligible player will choose to play in those conditions. February and March may work for the PAC12 not so much for the BIG10

Will they have Spring practice after the season ends with the players who are not recovering from frost bite?

How are they going to play in outdoor stadiums in Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. in February and March? They can replicate the Dallas vs. Green Bay ice bowl each week in multiple locations. No draft eligible player will choose to play in those conditions. February and March may work for the PAC12 not so much for the BIG10

Will they have Spring practice after the season ends with the players who are not recovering from frost bite?

Play in Bolder in Feb and die. Also the Palouse.

You think a team like LSU or uga would blink at finding a way to get a junior with a day 2 draft rating looking to improve his stock enrolled by next week?
If they have a spot you could be right. But that’s really fast turnaround.

Urban Meyer needs to be careful, what with his heart condition.

Back