Big 10 ded.

Myocarditis, or inflammation of the heart muscle, seems to be one of the primary reasons the BIG 10 might cancel. They have several players who tested positive for COVID-19 who now have this heart problem. It can cause blood clots, heart attacks or strokes. There's a suggested 3 to 6 months without exercise suggested for those with the condition.

Brings to mind the sudden collapse of Loyola Marymount's Hank Gathers back in 1990.

Why any school would run the risk especially with those who have had COVID-19 of letting someone on the field too early or unknowingly and they die because of a heart weakened by COVID-19?

Team deaths are hard enough from which to recover. It's worse DURING a season.

This is just a game. It's not worth some parent having to bury their 18, 19, 20, 21 year old kid IMO.
Go back from whence you came, newby.

president and chancellor at Nebraska put the kibosh on any efforts to play. ded

~Nebraska Cornhusker football players, this is your notice that the Transfer Portal is now open -repeat, the Transfer Portal is now open .....do not delay, the Transfer Portal is now open~

(To be read in a M3-B9 GUNTER voice of the robot from Lost In Space).

I'm surprised, I thought the dominoes would fall after the Big Ten canceled the season, and college football would be canceled for fall.

If played this fall without those conferences and cross-conference games, whatever happens this season would always have an asterisk, and it won't be as good as usual, but it'd be a fun sort of pseudo-season to watch. A nice prelude to the next real season.
Well, you're pretty much wrong about everything so why so surprised?

~Nebraska Cornhusker football players, this is your notice that the Transfer Portal is now open -repeat, the Transfer Portal is now open .....do not delay, the Transfer Portal is now open~

(To be read in a M3-B9 GUNTER voice of the robot from Lost In Space).
Frankly we need to make Iowa and Minnesota into our own Junior Colleges.

tenor-2.gif

Saban is right. B1G is setting up for a JV season followed by a 2021 fall season that players haven't completely recovered for. The JV roster transition has begun, players with NFL dreams are opting out:

“I didn’t think a winter or spring season allows for optimal recovery or training to have a great rookie year,” Slater told Yahoo Sports. “I talked about it with everyone. Everyone at Northwestern has been extremely supportive. They’ve had open and honest conversations with me. I can tell they wanted the best for me.”

Saban is right. B1G is setting up for a JV season followed by a 2021 fall season that players haven't completely recovered for. The JV roster transition has begun, players with NFL dreams are opting out:

Their best draft eligible players would probably not want to play right before the draft. Ded

Their best draft eligible players would probably not want to play right before the draft. Ded
It’s not that important, really. They aren’t playing for anything other than a conference title with an asterisk. The Natty will have already been won by an ACC or SEC team.

Agreed. The season takes a toll on guys. Guys loss weight and strength. Guys get injuries.

Training for the combine can cut time off your 40 and add bench press reps. Those things might move you up in the draft, especially if you are late round talent.

Plus, you don’t want to show up to summer workouts and preseason tryouts with some nagging injury.

There is no way I would play spring ball if I thought I was draft or free agent material.

If they play in the Spring what is the status of early enrolees? Are they eligible to play? If so, how do they count against the scholarship limits and can they be offset against the players who choose not to play?
Also, playing a Spring season will eliminate the Spring practice for next season. This would put these teams at a diadvantage for next season.

If they play in the Spring what is the status of early enrolees? Are they eligible to play? If so, how do they count against the scholarship limits and can they be offset against the players who choose not to play?
Also, playing a Spring season will eliminate the Spring practice for next season. This would put these teams at a diadvantage for next season.
Let early enrollees play JV ball if they want

“In all, the suit raises three counts against the conference:

• Wrongful interference with business expectations -- that the season represents an opportunity for players to work towards a career in football and develop brands for name/image/likeness use later.
  • Breach of contract by not holding an actual vote within its Council of Presidents and Chancellors.
  • Declaratory judgment by either not actually voting on the decision or being unable to produce evidence of a vote.”

“In all, the suit raises three counts against the conference:

• Wrongful interference with business expectations -- that the season represents an opportunity for players to work towards a career in football and develop brands for name/image/likeness use later.
  • Breach of contract by not holding an actual vote within its Council of Presidents and Chancellors.
  • Declaratory judgment by either not actually voting on the decision or being unable to produce evidence of a vote.”

This is glorious

Back