Big 10 ded.

If I’m reading that correctly, the northern-most conference in the country is considering playing a 10 game season November - February? Are they planning on making a bubble at Disney?
They could all play their first game at home and then rent locations in the south and west to play after real college football is done. Miami, Orlando, New Orleans, Atlanta, Houston, Las Vegas, Santa Clara, Jacksonville, Los Angeles...

If I’m reading that correctly, the northern-most conference in the country is considering playing a 10 game season November - February? Are they planning on making a bubble at Disney?
They are discussing using domed stadiums (stadia ?) in the midwest.

IMHO, this is an admission of a mistake.

They should not have cancelled - they should have played "let's proceed as though the season will happen but provision for a short-notice cancellation." As often as I have criticized Swofford, his leadership w/r to Notre Dame and the 2020 schedule has been exemplary.

They should not have cancelled - they should have played "let's proceed as though the season will happen but provision for a short-notice cancellation." As often as I have criticized Swofford, his leadership w/r to Notre Dame and the 2020 schedule has been exemplary.

Yeah they’ve forced themselves into an extremely tough spot by (at least from my perspective) trying to “lead the charge” for the positive PR. They reportedly went rogue announcing the conference only schedule, surprising the rest of the P5 who thought they were all working together. And then they decided to do it again thinking everybody else would follow suit. And now they’re ööööed.

Can’t imagine their commish making it through this intact. Potentially a 10 figure öööö up with a lost season and hits to future rosters, recruiting, postseason, etc. All they head to do was wait and see how things looked.

Yeah they’ve forced themselves into an extremely tough spot by (at least from my perspective) trying to “lead the charge” for the positive PR. They reportedly went rogue announcing the conference only schedule, surprising the rest of the P5 who thought they were all working together. And then they decided to do it again thinking everybody else would follow suit. And now they’re ööööed.

Can’t imagine their commish making it through this intact. Potentially a 9 figure öööö up. Honestly, probably already is.
Not to mention the impact on local communities and their tourism tax revenue could hurt them for years.

I guess that’s all built in to the 9-figures though.

So basically they may be willing to play after the election. I can't think of a good reason they couldn't start their season in October. Last I heard they were on campus doing light practice as of a week ago.

This.

There is no explanation - scientifically, rationally - that justifies playing in November but not in September. Nothing will be different. There will not be a cure, and if there’s a vaccine, it will not have been administered to enough people to make a material quantitative difference (emotional difference, perhaps). For that matter, I don’t expect the landscape to be any different in the spring, either. Either it’s safe to play before ~mid-year 2020, or it isn’t. The risks will be the same.

Can’t imagine their commish making it through this intact. Potentially a 10 figure öööö up with a lost season and hits to future rosters, recruiting, postseason, etc. All they head to do was wait and see how things looked.
Well to be perfectly objective, at the time of their decision a season looked pretty hopeless combined with startling new medical information about heart inflammation associated with covid-19. A lot of athletes that have dropped dead during physical activities have had hidden heart issues so I can see how they freaked out about that. At that point in the timeline, it looked like the ACC, SEC and B12 were being reckless and worried more about lost revenues than player safety. Now the three conferences look like geniuses but it could have backfired too. No risk no reward, I guess. I do agree the Big10 should've taken some time before making a decision rather than reacting almost immediately upon this new information, though.

Rumors of a new B1G “vote” coming on Friday or Saturday. Starting in a month or so. I guess they’ll only be playing half of a season though if they want to still be included in the potential playoff?

Just need enough games to get someone voted into the playoff. Too much money not to.

Gonna be extra fun watching a playoff committee weighing an 8-2 Florida against a 5-1 OSU.
Some UGAg fans are claiming that Newman left and Fields is returning. Bark Madly even speculates it, being the only reason he still works anywhere is because he is good at giving the Gaggers a handy. Supposedly, Fields was at their scrimmage Saturday. I've seen a few excitedly claim he is secretly practicing for the mutts

Gonna be extra fun watching a playoff committee weighing an 8-2 Florida against a 5-1 OSU.
Especially with no out of conference opponents. With a shortened season, will the BIG10 have a championship game or just try to have multiple undefeated teams?

Some UGAg fans are claiming that Newman left and Fields is returning. Bark Madly even speculates it, being the only reason he still works anywhere is because he is good at giving the Gaggers a handy. Supposedly, Fields was at their scrimmage Saturday. I've seen a few excitedly claim he is secretly practicing for the mutts
The dwags have given up any pretense of being a school. What a joke of an institution - an embarrassment not only to the state of Georgia but to any institution of higher learning.

Back