Bilbo shined in limited play today.

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Both passes were on the money, and should have been caught. Can not wait till the day he is our starting QB.
BOO

i totally agree BDG ..

would love to see more of Bilbo. he should at least be played when we're leading 17 to 2 in the 4th with 6 minutes to go ..

he needs the experience ..

How can someone do the academics at GT and, at the same time, cannot grasp offense or read defense? Question for the ages.
confused.gif

Hey buzzybee, I bet Bilbo is coming along fine, but is getting the "stupid" label as an excuse for not playing him, unfairly, I might add. I'll take a raw Bilbo over the "well-trained" starter any day.
BOO

Coach Eddie Wilson...who coached at a lot of leading academic schools...used to say that "classroom smarts does not always mean you have football smarts." Coach O agreed.

What more proof do we need then to hear some of the comments of Tech alums in the stands during the games! :-)

The worst thing you can do is put a freshman in too early that would not be able to handle some failures...it could destroy confidence for their career. I am not saying this is the case hear...but there are a million possible reasons he is not playing yet including that he may not be as good as Suggs at this time...this week maybe.

What if funny to me...is that with the pressure on college coaches to succeed...does anyone honestly think a coach would have someone standing on the sidelines behind him that is more talented than someone on the field? I seriously doubt it.

Plus...it is so late in the year...you do not want a QB controversy in game 10 or 11, just before the UGA game. What if Bilbo did not work out?....can you go back to Suggs and expect him to play confidently?

I have to trust that the coaches put the best personnel on the field to win the game that is in front of us. Quite frankly, at 7-4 we are right where most of the publications put us in the pre-season.

Originally posted by hiveredtech:

Plus...it is so late in the year...you do not want a QB controversy in game 10 or 11, just before the UGA game. What if Bilbo did not work out?....can you go back to Suggs and expect him to play confidently?

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We have no chance against Georgia with AJ at QB.

Wrecked, you are absolutely correct. AJ is way to slow for their defense plus his weak arm is a real detriment to our offense. Never mind what happens with GA and Auburn.

Originally posted by techrod:
Haveredtech you AND gailey have NO clue.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Nomination for stupidest post of the week.

Close behind is Ghost's notion that the coaches are making up "excuses" for not playing DBo. That makes a LOT of sense.

If Gailey had a clue Bilbo would start plain and simple or are you 2 previous posters too simple to understand a players total lack of ability????

techrod .. maybe you can become a coach

you sure seem to know more than our head coach.

Techrod's suspicions are warranted. The qb in question has demonstrated the obvious. Chan is either ultra-conservative, which can be a good thing, or on the take. AJ would not be playing anywhere else in D1.

AJ will throw at LEAST 2 picks and get sacked at LEAST 4 times against UGAG. Our defense will keep it close as long as they're not on the field all day. If we have too many 3-and-outs it's gonna be a loooooong day!

mad.gif

Bizzy Bee: Doing academics and grasping the offense are mutually exclusive. Playing QB is much more than simply learning the plays.

1) Its learning the plays from the QB, RB, WR. TE, and OL perspective.

2) Its learning defenses, learning to recognize them from keys (CB, Safeties, LB), and knowing where to throw the ball based on what you see or what play to audible in to

3)Its reaching the point that you are reacting instead of thinking.

Granted AJ is not playing exceptionally well but the from what I have been told Bilbo just has a ways to go. The staff knows he has big play potential but believe that he makes to many mistakes (that lead to turnovers) at this point to play him for an extended period of time.

That said, the best thing for Bilbo is that we are going to a bowl game. That means he will get a lot of extra practice time in the next two weeks and the during practices leading up to the bowl game.

Personally, I believe Damarius will progress nicely between now and next fall and have a very good chance to be the starting QB next fall

Techjacket,

Granted AJ did not light it up today but on the interception today the WR ran the wrong route. That is what I was told by members of the GT radio crew

I'm sorry but what game are you guys looking at it? The fact of the matter is that AJ sucks. I was a huge AJ fan when this season began but it is obvious that Bilbo needs more reps. Give me one good reason that AJ should have been given more reps today. It is a silly excuse that Gailey is using that is not supported on the field. I am through with our starting QB and promise you that we will be killed with him at QB against UGA.

Again, I was a huge AJ supporter when the season began but have realized that he is worthless as the season has gone along. We have the worst rated QB in the ACC and the bottom third in the NCAA. How can you people defend him? He has actually gotten a worse QB rating (than his season average) over the past four of out of his past five games. He is not improving. Stop fooling yourself.

Back