Bilbo shined in limited play today.

Originally posted by Big Buck:
Suggs problems run deeper than just being slow and
having a weak arm and being unable to make proper adjustments at the LOS, Suggs mind just seems to freeze when the pressure is on, interceptions, short and high passes etc. are the result. Brian Murphy wrote in Sunday's Macon Telegraph that CG
overruled BOB on at least six different occasions
and changed Bill's passing plays to runs on third and long.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don't think I'm questioning here, BB, just connecting the dots. The reason for changing BOB's calls was more than CCG opting for a conservative "old style" type of offense. I have to believe that those calls were changed based on the confidence level of Sugg's being able to successfully make the plays.

Agreeing with what you said about Sugg's abilities and "brain freeze," isn't it more likely that CCG just didn't want to put him in that situation?

I'm sure that CCG is more conservative than you would like, but I think he wouldn't "clamp down" the offense as quickly if he felt he didn't have to in order to protect the win. He wasn't protecting the lead (as is the norm with "old stylers,") he was protecting the win--a big difference in my opinion.

Back