BOWLS

NCST just threw the ball three times on first and goal from the one … had to kick a FG. I remember when Chan use to do that. We would run Choice the length of the field and then throw the ball on the goal line. It use to infuriate me.
Or throw a pick with a minute left on 1st and goal after taking a timeout when NC State was gassed and Reggie was trying to get to the LOS when Nix called the TO. Reggie would have likely snuck the ball for the winning TD -or- handed the ball to the best back in the ACC, PJ Daniels, for the TD. NOOOOOOO.....We had to call the time out to set up a PASS play on 1st and goal that got picked for the loss Damn, I really can't get over that.

Yeah it was too bad we didnt have a all pro wide reciever to throw to at the time. It may have worked.
Yep … I remember the pass to Calvin in the end zone against NCST in 2005 with 28 seconds to go … it was 1st & goal from the 2.

That possession where NCST threw 3 straight incomplete passes after having 1st & goal from the 2 is coming back to haunt them.

The bowl match-ups this week have been really competitive, from the little bits I've watched. Makes me think conferences should be done away with.

You mean like they would say about Georgia Tech?
Not at all. It’s not even comparable. Our football program is almost as much better than Colorado’s as Ohio State’s is ours. Colorado has only had three winning seasons in the past 20 years. With the exception of Collins all our previous head coaches were more or less successful.

Yep … I remember the pass to Calvin in the end zone against NCST in 2005 with 28 seconds to go … it was 1st & goal from the 2.
And before the play, we had a timeout we didn't need to take. NC State was gassed and we let them sub

I didn't give Pitt much of a chance against UCLA. But I also thought NC State would/should handle the Twerpapins.

Back