Calvin Johnson... mediocre pro.

Only if you believe the world's most arrogant/never-wrong person, that he was trolling the whole time...chalk me up as unconvinced.

no I don't believe that but everyone is so butthurt about this, just let it go, who cares

no I don't believe that but everyone is so butthurt about this, just let it go, who cares

I don't think people are butthurt so much as they take pleasure in pointing out just how wrong BoR is/was, since he takes particular pleasure in pointing out just how wrong people are in most of his posts.

I don't think people are butthurt so much as they take pleasure in pointing out just how wrong BoR is/was, since he takes particular pleasure in pointing out just how wrong people are in most of his posts.
:biggthumpup:

:eekfacepalm:

No. It was obvious trolling.

:eekfacepalm:

No. It was obvious trolling.

the arguments are presented far too logically and with far too much actually substantial evidence for it to be an obvious troll...

at the time CJ did look he possibly could just be a mediocre-to-above average pro not worthy of the #2 draft selection overall. BoR wanted to see if others agreed with his diagnosis. He then flipped it around after CJ's 8th TD reception or so and another monster game in 2010, to say he was trolling the whole time, just to get people riled up...it just is not a typical troll-type post, due to the legitmacy of the arguments at the time of the original post. Over time he's been on damage control to somehow morph this into the greatest troll thread, but as much as he tries to redefine it...it's hard to argue the original sentiment of the first few posts.

When I read those I don't see an obviously sarcastic BoR typing away laughing at everyone taking his troll-bait. I see a legitimately "concerned" CJ fantasy owner, getting frustrated, and seeing what he thinks are signs that CJ is only going to be "mediocre-to-above average." This sentiment and belief in one's own scouting ability is utterly ridiculous and deserves ridicule at every possible moment.

the arguments are presented far too logically and with far too much actually substantial evidence for it to be an obvious troll...

at the time CJ did look he possibly could just be a mediocre-to-above average pro not worthy of the #2 draft selection overall. BoR wanted to see if others agreed with his diagnosis. He then flipped it around after CJ's 8th TD reception or so and another monster game in 2010, to say he was trolling the whole time, just to get people riled up...it just is not a typical troll-type post, due to the legitmacy of the arguments at the time of the original post. Over time he's been on damage control to somehow morph this into the greatest troll thread, but as much as he tries to redefine it...it's hard to argue the original sentiment of the first few posts.

When I read those I don't see an obviously sarcastic BoR typing away laughing at everyone taking his troll-bait. I see a legitimately "concerned" CJ fantasy owner, getting frustrated, and seeing what he thinks are signs that CJ is only going to be "mediocre-to-above average." This sentiment is utterly ridiculous.

Ok.

When I read those I don't see an obviously sarcastic BoR typing away laughing at everyone taking his troll-bait. I see a legitimately "concerned" CJ fantasy owner, getting frustrated, and seeing what he thinks are signs that CJ is only going to be "mediocre-to-above average." This sentiment and belief in one's own scouting ability is utterly ridiculous and deserves ridicule at every possible moment.

The reel just exploded. But I will put my scouting ability ahead of anyone on this board or the Hive for sure.

[y]jXTck68cAac[/y]
Its ok to admit you are wrong... We will still respect your opinion because you are an insightful poster; however, trying to cover up one of the biggest DA post in your history as trolling.... :bowrofl:

Pretty much sums up all 20+ pages.

Its ok to admit you are wrong... We will still respect your opinion because you are an insightful poster; however, trying to cover up one of the biggest DA post in your history as trolling.... :bowrofl:

If you knew me, you would probbaly realize how ----ing stupid you sound. I have a bunch of autographed Calvin Johnson GT stuff including two jersey's in my man cave. In my posting history you'll see me repeatedly blast Gailey for having the BIGGEST weapon in GT's history and he wasted him.

This thread started out as me bitching about Calvin's performance on my fantasy team with a subject line that was aimed at trolling and getting people's reaction. I got so much negative "my ----- hurts" commentary, I decided to cast the bait repeatedly. And if you can't see that, obviously being smart enough to see that I drafted Calvin in the first round in my draft, then you're a ----ing dumbass.

And, I have admitted that I've been wrong in the past. Most recently, I was wrong about Syngyn Days. I said he would never see a meaningful snap at QB for GT. Meaningful may be questionable but I'll probably be wrong about him in the end.

Bottom line is the guys who continually bump this thread may as well raise their hand and say "My ----- hurts, and BOR gets under my skin". Sounds like a you problem.

If you knew me, you would probbaly realize how ----ing stupid you sound. I have a bunch of autographed Calvin Johnson GT stuff including two jersey's in my man cave. In my posting history you'll see me repeatedly blast Gailey for having the BIGGEST weapon in GT's history and he wasted him.

This thread started out as me bitching about Calvin's performance on my fantasy team with a subject line that was aimed at trolling and getting people's reaction. I got so much negative "my ----- hurts" commentary, I decided to cast the bait repeatedly. And if you can't see that, obviously being smart enough to see that I drafted Calvin in the first round in my draft, then you're a ----ing dumbass.

And, I have admitted that I've been wrong in the past. Most recently, I was wrong about Syngyn Days. I said he would never see a meaningful snap at QB for GT. Meaningful may be questionable but I'll probably be wrong about him in the end.

Bottom line is the guys who continually bump this thread may as well raise their hand and say "My ----- hurts, and BOR gets under my skin". Sounds like a you problem.
You mad bro?

For those wanting to know, this, imo, is how trolling is done. I tried with no bites. 1stinga6 kept throwing the line back in. :biggthumpup:

Aw man. I actually missed that.

Very subtle and adept.

Successfully trolling the troller should score bonus points.

Zero butthurt. It's a funny thread and I've bumped it a couple of times when CJ's had a good game because the thread becomes more ironic each time. But if thinking that you got under someone's skin gives you an e-boner, more power to you.

BOR was obviously trolling on a down fantasy team. It happens, I have had my fair share of troll posts on here while things weren't looking up in sports related to GT. I think everyone has. If not started a thread then posted something in a thread they wouldn't normally say in a level headed way.

This is why we say "Beware of the internets....it's serious business".

Zero butthurt. It's a funny thread and I've bumped it a couple of times when CJ's had a good game because the thread becomes more ironic each time. But if thinking that you got under someone's skin gives you an e-boner, more power to you.

This thread deserves to get bumped every Calvin Johnson game because it has become an iconic symbol of StingTalk. It is bumped more for the pure entertainment value than "i-told-u-so", which I think is lost upon the OP, ironically. I say ironically because the OP says nobody gets his original humor.

Back