Calvin Johnson... mediocre pro.

Meanwhile, some bitter old dumbass on the UGA boards is saying that Matt Stafford's TD stats are inflated because he has such a good WR to throw to.

No, because not even the stupidest UGA fans in history are 'tarted enough to believe that Nate Burleson is the best WR on the Lions.

If I could tell you that you could have a receiver that catches 88% of the passes thrown to him versus a guy who catches 57% of the passes thrown to him... is that something you might be interest in???

[y]jBh0SpDoVZw&feature=related[/y]

No, beause Calvin draws better defenders and more defenders.

He also has 4 " , 40 lbs, and .2 seconds faster over 40 yards than the guy who catches 88% of his passes. Just saying...

Or lets just compare him to the following elite receivers who also draw similar attention:
Andre Johnson 66%
Roddy White 59%
Larry Fitzgerald 65%

All being thrown from QB's who have a much lower QB rating than Stafford.

Nate Burleson might be someone I would be interested in.

By the way.... Randy Moss and Wes Welker like this thread.

Actually, Randy.. not so much.

He also has 4 " , 40 lbs, and .2 seconds faster over 40 yards than the guy who catches 88% of his passes. Just saying...

Or lets just compare him to the following elite receivers who also draw similar attention:
Andre Johnson 66%
Roddy White 59%
Larry Fitzgerald 65%

All being thrown from QB's who have a much lower QB rating than Stafford.

Nate Burleson might be someone I would be interested in.

Burleson has been playing since 2003.... and Calvin has 6 more career touchdowns and almost 100 more career yards.

I can't believe BOR tricked me into arguing with him about whether Nate Burleson is a better player than Calvin Johnson.

BOR wins the thread.

oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg

Yea... The jump catch in triple coverage for a TD is so mediocre
most middle of the road receivers in the league can do that.

haven't read this whole thread but if BOR is serious i'd have to say this is the DUMBEST threads he has EVER started.

he makes his team better by forcing consistent double and in this case TRIPLE! teams.

First NFL player with 2+ TD receptions in first four games. Definition of mediocre

Wow, Nate Burleson made a sweet juke on his route during Calvin's game-winning history-making 8th TD catch in the first 4 games with 12 guys on the field, one of which was power-bombing Calvin by yanking down on his face mask while Calvin was catching the ball somehow. I mean, that move was sick, Nate is the truth.

Back