Can Weinke Coach Sims to 3,000 Passing and 1,400 rushing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do share your enthusiasm.

And its not just Weinke - its Long crafting an offense that Weinke can groom Sims to be successful in.

I have never waivered in my confidence of Sims. When he went to Tallahassee and whipped F$U as a freshman, I was sold. Now that we have solid coaching and a respectable entourage of skill guys (some of which you point out), I think we are going to jump some people.

I dearly hope our guys have the "GT Chip" on their shoulder. That has been instrumental in seasons past.

I used the analogy of the "Dirty Dozen" a while back - a bunch of rag tags who banded together to kick some enemy butt. That is what I am hanging my hat on as we await our match with Clemson. We had those guys beat last year but couldn't run the damn play. I hope those days are over.

I’ve been watching a lot of Notre dame offense from 2018 and can definitely see Sims being able to take control of the offense. Some games Brandon Wimbush played instead of Ian Book and he ran him a lot more than Book.

if Long can get them ready, sims should do pretty Good.
Damn Labor Day can’t get here fast enough.

My guess is something like 2,100 + 18/10 and 720 + 10/8.

Think our OL will be worse. WRs wash or slightly better. RBs significantly worse. But Sims will play more than he did last year because he has to.

That's essentially Lamar Jackson territory. I can't see it. Even at half that that is a decent season.

First of all, he won't play 12 games. Figure he's out at least two. I will say he ends up with 2,000 passing and and 500 rushing.

To answer the question--not a chance in hell if we don't get a decent OffLIne. somehow. In fact he probably won't last through 12 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back