Can Weinke Coach Sims to 3,000 Passing and 1,400 rushing

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is something like 2,100 + 18/10 and 720 + 10/8.

Think our OL will be worse. WRs wash or slightly better. RBs significantly worse. But Sims will play more than he did last year because he has to.

OL will be worse? What’s your thinking here?

OL will be worse? What’s your thinking here?

Because we’re basically replacing the entire thing. After recruiting poorly at the position for 3.5 straight classes (and before that as well).

I used to think Key would be able to make OL a strength of the team. And that OL transfers that were highly rated out of HS we’re still likely to play to that potential despite not being able to find playing time at their old school. Tough to keep those beliefs up with the annual barrage of evidence to the contrary.

When we're up big or down big, but meaningful snaps this year? Doubtful unless Sims is hurt.
Sims some good and some very much not so good games last two seasons. I would not be surprised to see the Clemson quarterback after he throws his second pick. And then he may not see the field again at the Clemson quarterback is getting it done.

Anyone know if our propensity to change/rotate QBs alot was something Collins drove or patenaude? We saw in year 1 a lot, and it was a complaint I remember from temple fans.

just curious

If it is 3rd and (n), he has shown a propensity when he abandons the pocket to run for (n-1) if contact with a defender is likely.

Anyone know if our propensity to change/rotate QBs alot was something Collins drove or patenaude? We saw in year 1 a lot, and it was a complaint I remember from temple fans.

just curious
I think it was more to do with not having a clear #1. Some guys are just different when the lights come on and I think that hapoened at Temple as well. For us in year 1, Graham was the far better athlete but grades kept him out of that first Spring with the new staff IIRC and he sort of got behind. Lucas Johnson looked to be the real deal in practice then was deer in headlights during games. Granted this was behind our OL so I give him a little more benefit of the doubt in hindsight. Oliver was still playing QB that year as well and the only one with any gane experience, and that was limited, and Yates was a true freshman. So we sort of had a mish-mash of QBs to start with.

just curious

Injuries and Graham missing spring didn’t help. Also, running a modified option offense with Tobias was unsuccessful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back