Can Weinke Coach Sims to 3,000 Passing and 1,400 rushing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was more to do with not having a clear #1. Some guys are just different when the lights come on and I think that hapoened at Temple as well. For us in year 1, Graham was the far better athlete but grades kept him out of that first Spring with the new staff IIRC and he sort of got behind. Lucas Johnson looked to be the real deal in practice then was deer in headlights during games. Granted this was behind our OL so I give him a little more benefit of the doubt in hindsight. Oliver was still playing QB that year as well and the only one with any gane experience, and that was limited, and Yates was a true freshman. So we sort of had a mish-mash of QBs to start with.
I'm not sure LJ looked like a deer in headlights as much as it looked like he was playing still hurt in an offense that didn't fit his skill set in the slightest. He went to SDSU and started some games, but it seems they won in spite of him, not because of him looking at the stat of 1400 yds passing on the season.

Georgia Tech QB Room
Jeff Sims: 18 games: 57% - 3349yds- 25 TDs - 20INTs / 864yds rushing & 10TDs
Zach Gibson: 17 games: 61% - 2471yds - 15TDs - 8INTs / 0 Rushing & 0 TDs
Taisun Phommachanh: 12 Games: 45.8% - 204yds- 1 TD & 3 INTs / 150yds & 1 TD

If we are trying to win games not sure how we can say that Jeff Sims has the starting QB spot locked down especially with a new QB Coach, and new OC. However he has has the most game experience, so it makes since he is the favorite to win the job.

Last edited:
I actually think that makes a bit of sense but to suggest 7 wins is a bit of a stretch. Blackstrain and Blackburn are the real deal.
There is almost nobody on the team that will make NFL money. They better get the degree,

Georgia Tech QB Room
Jeff Sims: 18 games: 57% - 3349yds- 25 TDs - 20INTs / 864yds rushing & 10TDs
Zach Gibson: 17 games: 61% - 2471yds - 15TDs - 8INTs / 0 Rushing & 0 TDs
Taisun Phommachanh: 12 Games: 45.8% - 204yds- 1 TD & 3 INTs / 150yds & 1 TD

If we are trying to win games not sure how we can say that Jeff Sims has the starting QB spot locked down especially with a new QB Coach, and new OC. However has has the most game experience, so it makes since he is the favorite to win the job.

I tried to find stats on fumbles lost but couldn’t find anything. I may be mistaken but it seems like Sims had a bunch of lost fumbles to go along with his INTs.

Jeff Sims even at age 18 (Jan 1, 2020),

He looks like a starting NFL QB simply in stature and his natural ability has no ceiling.

Worth several hundred million by 2030 with ease.

I like the positivity of the new guy, but he's obviously a friend or family of Sims.

Jeff Sims even at age 18 (Jan 1, 2020),

He looks like a starting NFL QB simply in stature and his natural ability has no ceiling.

Worth several hundred million by 2030 with ease.
Come on guys, clearly "JeffSimsHeisman" is a prank account.

A 6 day old account appears, spouting ridiculous proclamations about Sims while we don't even know if Sims is adequate enough to start for a team with an over/under of 3.5 wins. Don't let him punk you.

This is not a troll. As Sims believes in Christ, God himself will offer abilities and talents to Sims like many others do not receive. Those who do not believe and have faith, they are the opposite of Sims, who is blessed and protected by God.

This is not a troll. As Sims believes in Christ, God himself will offer abilities and talents to Sims like many others do not receive. Those who do not believe and have faith, they are the opposite of Sims, who is blessed and protected by God.
So you’re not even going to try to be a good troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back