Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

Stingtalkers may be prematurely celebrating Deion and Colorado's demise. Let's take a look 3-4 years down the road. If the Buffs are still struggling, then I might admit Deion may not have been the best option for GT hire. I do like Key though just to be clear.
I wouldn’t even call it his demise. It’s just that the level of hype was so outrageously undeserved. I’d say his tenure has been pretty mediocre so far, but I definitely get the idea that he’s prioritizing his son over the team.

I wouldn’t even call it his demise. It’s just that the level of hype was so outrageously undeserved. I’d say his tenure has been pretty mediocre so far, but I definitely get the idea that he’s prioritizing his son over the team.
No doubt he makes no bones about his bias towards his boys, but I do believe he is wanting to build a successful program at CU.

No doubt he makes no bones about his bias towards his boys, but I do believe he is wanting to build a successful program at CU.
I have no doubt. But sometimes what’s best for his kids might not be best for the program. Do you trust that he would do what’s right for the program at the expense of one of them, if it came down to it?

I have no doubt. But sometimes what’s best for his kids might not be best for the program. Do you trust that he would do what’s right for the program at the expense of one of them, if it came down to it?
He already answered that question

Come on, they only lost by 42.
Not only did they lose by 42, they lost by 42 to a Wazzou team that started 4-0 and was on a 6 game losing streak going into the game at 4-6. That 6 game losing streak had 3 straight losses going into that game to ASU, Stanford and Cal. Anyone else remember who lost to Stanford?

It was a hell of a 3 weeks at the start of the season though, wasn't it?
Yep. Beating powerhouses TCU, Nebraska, and of course mighty Colorado State. None of which have a winning record with 2 weeks remaining in the season. Lol

Short answer no. He would do what is best for his boys at the expense of the program. JMHO

It's a disaster for Colorado.

How so? They’ve made a lot of money in tickets sales, merchandise, etc.

Whenever the Deion circus leaves town, the Colorado AA should be in a much better financial position to make a solid hire.

How so? They’ve made a lot of money in tickets sales, merchandise, etc.

Whenever the Deion circus leaves town, the Colorado AA should be in a much better financial position to make a solid hire.
If the season ticket base doesn't stay, they will be in no better shape when he leaves than what they were.

But sometimes what’s best for his kids might not be best for the program. Do you trust that he would do what’s right for the program at the expense of one of them, if it came down to it?
1700340238031.jpeg

Stingtalkers may be prematurely celebrating Deion and Colorado's demise. Let's take a look 3-4 years down the road. If the Buffs are still struggling, then I might admit Deion may not have been the best option for GT hire. I do like Key though just to be clear.

Deion was never an option for GT. Never considered.

If the season ticket base doesn't stay, they will be in no better shape when he leaves than what they were.

How so? They have already brought in quite a bit more than they are paying him. They sold out all of their home games. That alone will cover Deion’s contract. You

If Deion crashes and burns, the school will be in a much better financial position if things aren’t going well, he won’t be sticking around and the school can move on. Caveat being I’m assuming that they don’t have a crippling buyout like GT likes to do to move on if it isn’t working.

How so? They have already brought in quite a bit more than they are paying him. They sold out all of their home games. That alone will cover Deion’s contract. You

If Deion crashes and burns, the school will be in a much better financial position if things aren’t going well, he won’t be sticking around and the school can move on. Caveat being I’m assuming that they don’t have a crippling buyout like GT likes to do to move on if it isn’t working.
They won a questionable natty and went to the dumpster. The Big12 is a öööö conference. They will return to öööö.

Right. Because schools with huge financial assets and donor bases always get the best coaches and win Natties. Just look at TAMU.

i was rooting for Deion when he took over CU .. but the hype from the media turned me in the other direction. "epicenter of the college football world" .. my ass.

Back