Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

i was rooting for Deion when he took over CU .. but the hype from the media turned me in the other direction. "epicenter of the college football world" .. my ass.
I was too. The hype was way too much. I thought they'd be lucky to get .500 but loosing by 42 to a down WSU is a terrible look. We'll see if he can keep his team together and get stronger.

He needed to learn that before being hired as a HC.

This was the problem from the start. The same problem with our former clown. All flash and no actual HC ability or leadership ability. You can get away with it for some time if you have enough high quality coaches around you and talent to cover up your short comings. They don't. And now it's obvious to everyone.

Everyone sees Deion and Colorado for what they really are. A program filled with mercenary transfers led by a narcissist with a talented QB son unable to grow out of the shadow of his helicopter dad.

And now the sales pitch is gonna be REALLY hard to pull off. They will be lucky to retain a lot of the kids they already have. Current coaches will be shopping for a way out. No outside coaches will even consider jumping on the sinking ship. The messiah has been revealed to be a charlatan.

It's a disaster. It's a disaster for Colorado. It's a disaster for Deion. It's a disaster for his sons.

A smoldering crater.

Thank God it didn't end up Tech.

You can get away with it at a junior college.

He'll stick around until his sons are drafted, then he's off to cash in on them.

All the talk of him leaving....who the hell wants this ööööshow now? CO is stuck with him for now. He's failing his audition for bigger roles.

He doesn't want a bigger role. He might not be able to justify playing Shedeur over a better QB somewhere else.

Right. Because schools with huge financial assets and donor bases always get the best coaches and win Natties. Just look at TAMU.

No guarantees of course. Colorado AA was in financial ruin prior to Deion. They are in a much better place financially as the Deion circus has paid off handsomely for them.

While the $ isn’t a guarantee, no program is winning without a major influx of it.

Right. Because schools with huge financial assets and donor bases always get the best coaches and win Natties. Just look at TAMU.
That can’t be true. According to some posters on here all the $$$, resources, attracts elite talent, etc means coaching doesn’t matter. Amazing how blind some people are to reality.

I was too. The hype was way too much. I thought they'd be lucky to get .500 but loosing by 42 to a down WSU is a terrible look. We'll see if he can keep his team together and get stronger.
Honestly, it reminded me of a GC3 performance.

That can’t be true. According to some posters on here all the $$$, resources, attracts elite talent, etc means coaching doesn’t matter. Amazing how blind some people are to reality.

I really have no idea what universe you guys are living in. Pull up the list of national champions the last 20 years and pull up a list of their spending, It is directly correlated. Go a step further and pull up the top 10 for the past 20 years, the money is still directly correlated.

You guys want to throw around a&m as an outlier. There will always be outliers, it's statistics! If a&m continues spending, they will contend, period. All these schools are still hatching out the methods of NIL, 4 of the top 5 paid NIL player collectives are currently where? IN THE TOP 5.

Listening to you guys, it's like I'm taking crazy pills.

I really have no idea what universe you guys are living in. Pull up the list of national champions the last 20 years and pull up a list of their spending, It is directly correlated. Go a step further and pull up the top 10 for the past 20 years, the money is still directly correlated.

You guys want to throw around a&m as an outlier. There will always be outliers, it's statistics! If a&m continues spending, they will contend, period. All these schools are still hatching out the methods of NIL, 4 of the top 5 paid NIL player collectives are currently where? IN THE TOP 5.

Just admit you were a dumbass for ever thinking Deion Sanders was a good coach.

M
Just admit you were a dumbass for ever thinking Deion Sanders was a good coach.

My stance is in my post history, I never said he would win this year, exactly the opposite. I said he changed the landscape and will find a way to win before he is done.

I also said I'll take my licks if he destroys CU football and leaves them worse than when he arrived which so far he hasn't done, again, exactly the opposite.

You're here to talk your smack on stances I never had, so I'll also expect you to be here when you're wrong. We'll see how many of you have the balls to eat your words, there is definitely a lack of sack on these boards lately.

We're bowling and Colorado isn't.

Back