Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

I really have no idea what universe you guys are living in. Pull up the list of national champions the last 20 years and pull up a list of their spending, It is directly correlated. Go a step further and pull up the top 10 for the past 20 years, the money is still directly correlated.

You guys want to throw around a&m as an outlier. There will always be outliers, it's statistics! If a&m continues spending, they will contend, period. All these schools are still hatching out the methods of NIL, 4 of the top 5 paid NIL player collectives are currently where? IN THE TOP 5.

Listening to you guys, it's like I'm taking crazy pills.
The Blue Chip Ratio is still undefeated. Though it was close once (2016 Clemson I think?). Money gets the blue chip players. It's not rocket science.

So now, you finally are cracking and realize this is a one time influx of cash before they go die in the ööööty Big12.

The shine has worn off for everyone but you, apparently.

Colorado getting called out for the quit on that team. Shedeur ABSOLUTELY quit the game Friday night. He wasn't limping off the field. Got no help for his ankle or even had it looked at on the sideline. He walked off the field with his head down, went to the sideline, covered his head with a towel and walked around and moped like a spoiled child who got the red licked off his sucker. Deion went to talk to him. Shedeur kept the towel covering his head. He was standing, moving, walking, and yet he had an "ankle" injury we find out later?

He ööööing quit. Loser Sanders could not motivate him back onto the field and Shedeur was led away, walking just fine, to the locker room. I was watching, and posted in the game thread that he had just quit the game.

Colorado is figuring it out. I get it. You wanted some cash at GT while our program CONTINUED to get destroyed by another clown coach. "But money, hurr durrr" guess what? None of that money is coming your way and we absolutely can't let our program to be a Trainwreck because you think money would somehow make us better.

Deion is a öööö coach. He's damn lost.

And the quitting? He all but said it and Colorado is starting to realize it.

I haven't heard that in a coon's age.

Lots of hype. Lots of glitter. Lots of juice. But not a lot of good football.
Tech fans can relate!

All of these folks talking about how much cash Deion is bringing in or is gonna bring in as justification for hiring him and his soon to be 4-8 record need to produce some actual numbers and a balance sheet.

The price to hire Deion was more money than the Colorado AA had on the books to pay him. They were assuming/hoping the money would show up.

Their fans answered. They bought tickets. The bought jerseys. They bough sunglasses. They contributed. And Deion contributed a losing record and an embarrassment.

And Deion has collected. His sons have collected. So what are the numbers? Show us what Colorado AA has collected and what they still have to pay out for Deion's soon to be 4-8 record. How much are the fans contributing today?

Deion Sanders’ deal with Colorado is 5 years, $29.5 million – an average of $5.9M/year. He’ll make $5.5M in the first year, with raises of $200K every year. Up to now, the $3.6M paid to former coach Karl Dorrell was the most CU has paid to a head coach.

Sanders would owe CU $15M if he leaves in the first year, $10M if he leaves in the 2nd year, $8M in the third year and $5M if he leaves after that. If Colorado fires Sanders at any point without cause, the school would owe him 75% of his remaining contract.

Colorado is on the hook for 75% of the remaining roughly $30M minus this years salary. So around $24M x .75= $18M not including staff if he were fired today which of course isn't happening.

So for the 4 wins they have so far going into the final game with Utah, they have spent roughly $1.4M per win for Deion alone. What else have they gotten back in return for their investment?

Don't come back with some vague bullshit about "earned media impact". That's not money in the bank and right now Prime Time's "media impact" has turned negative. The potential downside looks a helluva lot steeper than the potential upside at this point. The novelty is gone and all that currently remains is a 4-7 record and a lot of questions.

How much longer will the fans buy tickets, jerseys and sunglasses after 4 wins? Deion is running off his best assistant coach in Sean Lewis. How many more coaches will follow? How many players have decided they've had enough of being a sideshow to the Head Clown? How much longer can the Prime Time Neon Deion circus go when he runs out of talented sons to put on the field? And how much longer will any kid want to run out there with Prime Time running the ship? 2024 recruiting ranking is currently #63 with 10 commits.

Deion "could" still turn it all around. Theoretically. It is year 1 after all. He will get a pass. The Utah game is big for them. Utah got torched by Arizona and suddenly looks like a winnable game.

We'll see.

What I saw was....A lot of typing for simple math.

Folsom field sold out every game this year. You guys already don't have an argument on the $ front but I'll be very conservative with numbers to make it even more obvious.

Capacity is 50000. Lowest ticket price average was $105. We'll call it an even Franklin.

That's 30 million in ticket sales alone. Deion is, in his entirety, paid at the lowest denomination.

I'll let you figure out some of these tickets packages they were selling for upwards of $700 for a single game. Factor in..... concessions, mech, fund contributions, advertising revenue, tv deals, events.... The list goes on and on and on.

I'm almost done with this thread just for the fact that most of you are talking outta your asses at this point. If he had won 8 games, you would have been claiming he shoulda won 10, if it had been 10 he shoulda won a natty. I can almost guarantee that if CU does show out next year, a lot of you will be hiding with your head in the same place you guys are speaking from now.

He already turned it around, the only question is, how much better does it get for CU?

So now, you finally are cracking and realize this is a one time influx of cash before they go die in the ööööty Big12.
The funniest part of all your posts is you act like the ACC is an upgrade. These are the 2 worst conferences this year and starting next year when it goes down to the P4. There is an ocean sized gap between the B1G, SEC to the ACC / B12 starting next year. So honestly, who cares who is 3A and 3B?

And if you look at it from a league perspective, the B12 is gaining programs with momentum in Arizona and Utah, the ACC is getting freaking Stanford and Cal. Getting SMU looks like the only good move by the ACC. But we’ll see how they do going from the AAC to the ACC. The combination of UCF, Cincy, BYU, Houston are all tied for the bottom of the B12 this year in the 1st year moving up.

Does the new B12 have a Clemson type program going forward? No. But this board seems to think Clemson is trending down anyway. I’ll add FSU back into the blue blood status once they do it for more than 1 season. So who does the ACC have as a national power starting in 2024?

The fact that the B12 / ACC are as bad as they are is to the benefit of both Colorado and GT.

Folsom field sold out every game this year. You guys already don't have an argument on the $ front but I'll be very conservative with numbers to make it even more obvious.

Capacity is 50000. Lowest ticket price average was $105. We'll call it an even Franklin.

That's 30 million in ticket sales alone. Deion is, in his entirety, paid at the lowest denomination.

I'll let you figure out some of these tickets packages they were selling for upwards of $700 for a single game. Factor in..... concessions, mech, fund contributions, advertising revenue, tv deals, events.... The list goes on and on and on.

I'm almost done with this thread just for the fact that most of you are talking outta your asses at this point. If he had won 8 games, you would have been claiming he shoulda won 10, if it had been 10 he shoulda won a natty. I can almost guarantee that if CU does show out next year, a lot of you will be hiding with your head in the same place you guys are speaking from now.

He already turned it around, the only question is, how much better does it get for CU?

2022 Season Ticket sales were about 20K, Student passes were about 14K. That's 34K allotted tickets BEFORE Deion. (source: https://www.buffzone.com/2022/06/27/cu-buffs-pleased-with-season-ticket-renewal-rate/)

That means assuming your numbers of 50K capacity, there is a net difference from pre-Deion to post-Deion of about 16K in season ticket sales. That doesn't mean that all 16K would have not been sold if Deion wasn't the coach. There are a lot of sales made in small packages and for specific opponents. For example Colorado State, Nebraska and USC would have been big ticket sellers at home beyond the season ticket holders regardless of who the new coach was. Two of those are rivalries and the other one is a marque program.

But lets generously assume Deion added 10K in ticket sales that no other HC hire would have drawn in. Using your numbers of $100/ticket = $1M increase in gross ticket revenue per home game. 6 games x 1M = $6M. Not all of that is profit of course. There is a cost to running a major college football event seating 50K.

The ultimate net increase in revenue is MILES away from your back of the napkin math.

Additionally, we will never know what the increase in ticket sales would have been with any other hire that wasn't Deion. Pretty much any new hire with a pulse would have generated additional ticket sales and we'll never know how many or what the net difference would be with or without Deion.

While additional ticket sales, merch, etc. is all well and good and may certainly help pay for his first year, now that the shine has worn off, and the product on the field has been seen, we'll get a chance to see how the increase revenue holds up after a losing record in year one with Utah still to go.

There can be a big difference between 4-8 and 5-7 especially after the disaster against Wazzoo. That Utah game is important. If the Fighting Prime Times phone that one in and Utah walks over them as the spread would indicate they will, look out for a boat load of season ticket cancellations and a stock room full of Prime Time Colorado merchandise collecting dust.

We'll see.

Not sure if repost. I ain’t scrolling back to check.
IMG_1011.jpeg

2022 Season Ticket sales were about 20K, Student passes were about 14K. That's 34K allotted tickets BEFORE Deion. (source: https://www.buffzone.com/2022/06/27/cu-buffs-pleased-with-season-ticket-renewal-rate/)

That means assuming your numbers of 50K capacity, there is a net difference from pre-Deion to post-Deion of about 16K in season ticket sales. That doesn't mean that all 16K would have not been sold if Deion wasn't the coach. There are a lot of sales made in small packages and for specific opponents. For example Colorado State, Nebraska and USC would have been big ticket sellers at home beyond the season ticket holders regardless of who the new coach was. Two of those are rivalries and the other one is a marque program.

But lets generously assume Deion added 10K in ticket sales that no other HC hire would have drawn in. Using your numbers of $100/ticket = $1M increase in gross ticket revenue per home game. 6 games x 1M = $6M. Not all of that is profit of course. There is a cost to running a major college football event seating 50K.

The ultimate net increase in revenue is MILES away from your back of the napkin math.

Additionally, we will never know what the increase in ticket sales would have been with any other hire that wasn't Deion. Pretty much any new hire with a pulse would have generated additional ticket sales and we'll never know how many or what the net difference would be with or without Deion.

While additional ticket sales, merch, etc. is all well and good and may certainly help pay for his first year, now that the shine has worn off, and the product on the field has been seen, we'll get a chance to see how the increase revenue holds up after a losing record in year one with Utah still to go.

There can be a big difference between 4-8 and 5-7 especially after the disaster against Wazzoo. That Utah game is important. If the Fighting Prime Times phone that one in and Utah walks over them as the spread would indicate they will, look out for a boat load of season ticket cancellations and a stock room full of Prime Time Colorado merchandise collecting dust.

We'll see.
Utah will crush them

You are a ööööing moron.

We'll see.
To add some further clarity, the image below shows attendance figures for the last 4 coaches including this year for Deion. The two numbers at the right are total home attendance and average attendance for each home game.
Deion Sander Colorado Attendance.png

(source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folsom_Field)

You will notice that the total between the 2022 team under Dorrell that went 1-11 and the 2023 Deion led team is 61997 which is in line with my guesstimate of an additional 10K tickets per home game.

You will also notice that the 2019 Mel Tucker team had a similar total and average attendance numbers to Deion which supports the notion that a good hire of any notoriety would have had a significant impact to overall season ticket and other ticket sales.

Deion definitely helped ticket sales but the net impact to revenue considered in the context of historical numbers is probably something closer to $2M based on comparisons of Mel Tuckers numbers vs Deions. Certainly a positive for Deion but nothing even remotely close to paying his salary. Given the 4-7 record, the likelihood of those ticket sales continuing at the same pace for next year is very low.

There will unquestionably be a decline.

To add some further clarity, the image below shows attendance figures for the last 4 coaches including this year for Deion. The two numbers at the right are total home attendance and average attendance for each home game.
Deion Sander Colorado Attendance.png

(source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folsom_Field)

You will notice that the total between the 2022 team under Dorrell that went 1-11 and the 2023 Deion led team is 61997 which is in line with my guesstimate of an additional 10K tickets per home game.

You will also notice that the 2019 Mel Tucker team had a similar total and average attendance numbers to Deion which supports the notion that a good hire of any notoriety would have had a significant impact to overall season ticket and other ticket sales.

Deion definitely helped ticket sales but the net impact to revenue considered in the context of historical numbers is probably something closer to $2M based on comparisons of Mel Tuckers numbers vs Deions. Certainly a positive for Deion but nothing even remotely close to paying his salary. Given the 4-7 record, the likelihood of those ticket sales continuing at the same pace for next year is very low.

There will unquestionably be a decline.

It's almost like Colorado isn't getting paid for the Aflac commercials.

And Colorado loses ANOTHER commit. Look at that elite recruiting. #70 ranked class in the country per Rivals. Lol

I don't know what their scholarship situation is, especially given all the transfers, but 9 commits seems awfully low. I'm guessing they are going to hit the portal hard again.

Neon Deon strikes again. Go Utah!

Colorado coach Deion Sanders tried to keep expectations high for the Buffaloes despite a 4-7 mark in his first season by invoking a Mount Rushmore reference midweek as the team prepares to conclude the regular season at Utah. However, the former NFL star made a viral geography gaffe by saying the iconic monument, which is located in South Dakota, was situated in California.
As to why Sanders thought Mount Rushmore was located in California, it turns out "Coach Prime" was conflating the monument with the Hollywood Sign in Los Angeles.

Neon Deon strikes again. Go Utah!

Colorado coach Deion Sanders tried to keep expectations high for the Buffaloes despite a 4-7 mark in his first season by invoking a Mount Rushmore reference midweek as the team prepares to conclude the regular season at Utah. However, the former NFL star made a viral geography gaffe by saying the iconic monument, which is located in South Dakota, was situated in California.
As to why Sanders thought Mount Rushmore was located in California, it turns out "Coach Prime" was conflating the monument with the Hollywood Sign in Los Angeles.
If Deion is going to continue to work west of the Mississippi River he needs learn where all that stuff is located.

I'm not complaining that we're going to a bowl, but I'm not comparing us to them anyway. The thread is about a coach.

If I had to pick though, I'll take Deion influx of cash over the 500k the Popeyes chicken Bahama bowl is gonna pay us and that is after we pay the travel costs. Our players might get some sunglasses too!
In 3 years, Key will be standing taller and more relevant than Deion. He is building the right way and drumming the loser mentality out of what Geoff left him

Back