Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

This whole thread is the equivalent of the Jeff Sims conversation. In the end, the only measurement of value is wins. Sims has more losses than wins. So does Sanders. Potential and intangibles are meaningless without the wins.

Speculation on Sanders is the same drivel as on Sims and his "potential". Let me know when it manifests as wins, then we can talk about evaluations. Talk about his excellence once he demonstrates it. If he does, he will be due the credit he receives. All the unrealized potential talk about both of them is nonsense slanted heavily towards "if only".

Ok, ok, Sanders had success at JSU. Bill Lewis had success at East Carolina. Another nonsense position.
Not as much talk about it, but people love their celebrity worship, that is as big of a factor as anything, and that position must be strongly defended because damn it feelings are involved.

Sanders hater, that's the label that will now apply I'm sure, even though I don't care whether he succeeds or fails. I love GT, I hate uga, and I don't give two öööös about anyone else. This is all amusing though.

Deion could go 1-11 next year and people will still be squawking about Colorado having more money than the Saudiis.

Why are you guys always skipping the most impactful points in the post? It's like you're making arguments without rebutting the actual topic at hand.

Deion didn't come to CU in 2001, 2002, 2003....2022. He arrived in spring 2023, so since he set foot in the door he has won 4x as many games as the school did the year before. If you want to say that's easy, then why did the wins decline to the point they were 1-11? Because it's not easy and CU was completely in shambles.

The second point and most important is the $. I'm not going to look it up because I know it's not many if at all the number of games that CU sold out in the last 23 years ( I gave in because I know you guys are going to pick it apart so; " From 2006-22, only four of 95 home games were sold out.") They didn't sell out because Deion was winning, they sold out because Deion existed in the HC office.

I have no idea what this nonsense is about incremental sales or not generating as much selling out as regular seats last season etc. The numbers are readily out there. CU paid Deion 30 mil for 5 years. CU's ticket sales this year alone surpassed 30 million. I don't care if they only had 10 more people total in attendance than last year. You're forgetting that the tickets are going for 3x as much as they ever have been and that doesn't include any secondary market shenanigans. Deion's entire 5 years is paid for with ticket sales alone! Any other income as previously listed generated by him being there is just a bonus, again, for FIVE years.

McIntyre didn't ever sell $30 mil in tickets, He may have hardly sold that much in his tenure. I didn't think I would need to come and spell out all these elementary business concepts.

Deion will figure out the recruiting, they have to pay him first. Once the program starts filtering that cash to the other prospects like they do for the current 15 on NIL, the program will continue to get better. ( For reference Ohio state, FSU, Alabama have 60, 49, 71 players on NIL agreements respectively.)

You hating crackheads also refuse to acknowledge he was named HC in December 2022. He hasn't even been there a year yet, but then I go and look at everyone's post history and they're wanting to give coach clown another 2 years....... hypocritical and ridiculous all in one, that's why I always there is way too much estrogen around here.
I think Deion could frick a goat in the middle of the CU stadium and you’d be perfectly fine with it as long as they had a sell-out there to make some money. Guess what Auburn, MSU, A&M, Florida etc sell out there stadiums too, where has it gotten them, who cares how much money the school makes from ticket sales?

I think Deion could frick a goat in the middle of the CU stadium and you’d be perfectly fine with it as long as they had a sell-out there to make some money. Guess what Auburn, MSU, A&M, Florida etc sell out there stadiums too, where has it gotten them, who cares how much money the school makes from ticket sales?
uhh.. i mean Auburn and Florida have both have relatively recent national championships.. maybe focus more on A&M?

CU is a perennial 4 win team. The 1 win season was an outlier. Any coach in the world, including the one from last year, would have won 4 this year.

Prime is sub-prime.

CU is a perennial 4 win team. The 1 win season was an outlier. Any coach in the world, including the one from last year, would have won 4 this year.

Prime is sub-prime.

Do you have any data to support your assertion? Oh, yeah - I already posted it.

In response to the recent devaluation of Coach Sanders, I hereby propose, effective immediately, he shall henceforth be called...

Coach Subprime

Prime is sub-prime.
Indeed.

There is a lot of him having to figure öööö out in your post that you just seem to think is not that big of a deal.

And so what? He has won 4 this year and they won 1 last year. That is nowhere near any sort of amazing accomplishment.

Colorado looked like a Geoff coached team in their game last week. Absolute confusion. Quitting. Getting pushed around. Horrible.
They suck.
You're so ööööing weird.

And they are paying Deion now. WTF do you mean he will figure it out but "they have to pay him first"? Is he gonna take some correspondence courses on how to not suck at coaching if they just pay him more.

I already wrote this out for you but I'll rephrase: They literally have to pay him first as in, they owe him 29.5 million dollars. Once the school is squared away there they can start paying their players, and improve the talent, and theoretically start winning.

There are 100 articles out there where the AD and president are on record saying "we don't have the money but we're sure it will come" and it did. That is some next level gambling with a big sack. They are so far ahead of the house at this point, if they parlay it correctly, they will be the next house.

I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question. All those schools minus A&M have perennial Top 10, national championships, almost unlimited media buzz. All that works out in their favor.

I'm not going to argue the $= progress anymore. I already won that debate until one of you guys can point me to a team that is regularly winning without it.

It has only been 10 years since CU's last one win season. I don't recall shambles to 4 wins under McIntyre getting McIntyre anointed as Football Jesus.

The ticket math is posted further up the thread. Selling $30M of tickets isn't such a great accomplishment if the 5 year base has been selling $25M per year.

To start, I didn't make an argument about the legitimacy of McIntyre's tenure, you started that, I simply responded. Regardless, CU decided to can him and Deion must only improve on what happened in the recent past to show progress. We're not comparing every coach that comes in to Tech against Bobby Dodd's performance. Again more ridiculous logic.

Second, for a school full of mathematicians, some of you are really struggling here. Take yourself a minute and use the interweb to search the Buffs, year over year football ticket sales revenue. Go ahead I'll wait.......

If you can't figure out what that equates to, you're beyond talking to at this point. Just make sure you keep sending that check to the AT fund.

Sanders won 4 games in his first season at Jackson St. Then he won 11 and 12. I'm not saying he will do that at Colorado, but I'm just saying.
Amazing what recruiting D1 players are a HBCU level will do. Unfortunately, he can't recruit NFL veterans to play whoever in the hell is in the BIG12 now.

To start, I didn't make an argument about the legitimacy of McIntyre's tenure, you started that, I simply responded. Regardless, CU decided to can him and Deion must only improve on what happened in the recent past to show progress. We're not comparing every coach that comes in to Tech against Bobby Dodd's performance. Again more ridiculous logic.

Second, for a school full of mathematicians, some of you are really struggling here. Take yourself a minute and use the interweb to search the Buffs, year over year football ticket sales revenue. Go ahead I'll wait.......

If you can't figure out what that equates to, you're beyond talking to at this point. Just make sure you keep sending that check to the AT fund.
I'm not struggling. He sucks as a coach and couldn't win an HBCU championship with significantly better talent than his opponent.

Colorado was woefully unprepared for their last game and his son straight up quit the game. Yea, they fabricated a nice little story about it. It was Jeff Sims at GT quit. Moping around on the sideline, pouting, before being taken to the locker room.

Back