Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

Right. Because schools with huge financial assets and donor bases always get the best coaches and win Natties. Just look at TAMU.
Sure. But do schools without huge financial assets and donor bases get the best coaches and win Natties?

We're bowling and Colorado isn't.

I'm not complaining that we're going to a bowl, but I'm not comparing us to them anyway. The thread is about a coach.

If I had to pick though, I'll take Deion influx of cash over the 500k the Popeyes chicken Bahama bowl is gonna pay us and that is after we pay the travel costs. Our players might get some sunglasses too!

I'm not complaining that we're going to a bowl, but I'm not comparing us to them anyway. The thread is about a coach.

If I had to pick though, I'll take Deion influx of cash over the 500k the Popeyes chicken Bahama bowl is gonna pay us and that is after we pay the travel costs. Our players might get some sunglasses too!

OK. Brent Key is going bowling and Deion isn't.

Yes because Miami didn’t take a knee
1700398672013.jpeg

So now, you finally are cracking and realize this is a one time influx of cash before they go die in the ööööty Big12.

The shine has worn off for everyone but you, apparently.

Colorado getting called out for the quit on that team. Shedeur ABSOLUTELY quit the game Friday night. He wasn't limping off the field. Got no help for his ankle or even had it looked at on the sideline. He walked off the field with his head down, went to the sideline, covered his head with a towel and walked around and moped like a spoiled child who got the red licked off his sucker. Deion went to talk to him. Shedeur kept the towel covering his head. He was standing, moving, walking, and yet he had an "ankle" injury we find out later?

He ööööing quit. Loser Sanders could not motivate him back onto the field and Shedeur was led away, walking just fine, to the locker room. I was watching, and posted in the game thread that he had just quit the game.

Colorado is figuring it out. I get it. You wanted some cash at GT while our program CONTINUED to get destroyed by another clown coach. "But money, hurr durrr" guess what? None of that money is coming your way and we absolutely can't let our program to be a Trainwreck because you think money would somehow make us better.

Deion is a öööö coach. He's damn lost.

And the quitting? He all but said it and Colorado is starting to realize it.

All of these folks talking about how much cash Deion is bringing in or is gonna bring in as justification for hiring him and his soon to be 4-8 record need to produce some actual numbers and a balance sheet.

The price to hire Deion was more money than the Colorado AA had on the books to pay him. They were assuming/hoping the money would show up.

Their fans answered. They bought tickets. The bought jerseys. They bough sunglasses. They contributed. And Deion contributed a losing record and an embarrassment.

And Deion has collected. His sons have collected. So what are the numbers? Show us what Colorado AA has collected and what they still have to pay out for Deion's soon to be 4-8 record. How much are the fans contributing today?

Deion Sanders’ deal with Colorado is 5 years, $29.5 million – an average of $5.9M/year. He’ll make $5.5M in the first year, with raises of $200K every year. Up to now, the $3.6M paid to former coach Karl Dorrell was the most CU has paid to a head coach.

Sanders would owe CU $15M if he leaves in the first year, $10M if he leaves in the 2nd year, $8M in the third year and $5M if he leaves after that. If Colorado fires Sanders at any point without cause, the school would owe him 75% of his remaining contract.

Colorado is on the hook for 75% of the remaining roughly $30M minus this years salary. So around $24M x .75= $18M not including staff if he were fired today which of course isn't happening.

So for the 4 wins they have so far going into the final game with Utah, they have spent roughly $1.4M per win for Deion alone. What else have they gotten back in return for their investment?

Don't come back with some vague bullshit about "earned media impact". That's not money in the bank and right now Prime Time's "media impact" has turned negative. The potential downside looks a helluva lot steeper than the potential upside at this point. The novelty is gone and all that currently remains is a 4-7 record and a lot of questions.

How much longer will the fans buy tickets, jerseys and sunglasses after 4 wins? Deion is running off his best assistant coach in Sean Lewis. How many more coaches will follow? How many players have decided they've had enough of being a sideshow to the Head Clown? How much longer can the Prime Time Neon Deion circus go when he runs out of talented sons to put on the field? And how much longer will any kid want to run out there with Prime Time running the ship? 2024 recruiting ranking is currently #63 with 10 commits.

Deion "could" still turn it all around. Theoretically. It is year 1 after all. He will get a pass. The Utah game is big for them. Utah got torched by Arizona and suddenly looks like a winnable game.

We'll see.

As long as Deion is committed to CO Deion is committed to making the program grow. The question remains is his commitment to CO once his sons are gone. Deion has shown more of a commitment to self/family promotion than long term anything else.

I've always been high on Deion, and I'm still high on Deion. Next year, that schedule looks winnable. He'll probably win 8 games next year and then bolt.

De$on made his $$$$, Colorado made theirs. Not much to hate but I do get humor with the train wreck

I really have no idea what universe you guys are living in. Pull up the list of national champions the last 20 years and pull up a list of their spending, It is directly correlated. Go a step further and pull up the top 10 for the past 20 years, the money is still directly correlated.

You guys want to throw around a&m as an outlier. There will always be outliers, it's statistics! If a&m continues spending, they will contend, period. All these schools are still hatching out the methods of NIL, 4 of the top 5 paid NIL player collectives are currently where? IN THE TOP 5.

Listening to you guys, it's like I'm taking crazy pills.
My previous comment had nothing to do with Colorado. There are posters on here who want to say the schools with all the $$$, resources, top 5 classes and now NIL means you don’t need an elite HC to win MNC’s. Like winning MNC’s is just so easy when you have everything in place to do so like TAMU, forgetting there are 9-10 other schools with the same resources and $$$ in place. It still takes an elite HC to win MNC’s.

Yes. While there have been outliers like Ed O (LSU), Gene Chizick (Auburn), and I’ll even add Fisher into the mix at this point based on the state of the program he left FSU in, and now TAMU, those cosches are not the norm to sustained success / multiple MNC’s. Look at the other names on the list going back to the early 2000’s until now. They all have multiple MNC’s or MNC game appearances. Carroll, Stoops, Mayer, Saban, Dabo, and one other guy. You can have the greatest roster year in and year out and still not win the MNC. That was the knock on Richt at times. The coaches who have proven they are elite have multiple MNC rings and MNC appearances to their credit.

While I think there are some really good coaches out there in Day, Harbaugh, etc, they don’t have the hardware to prove it like Saban, Dabo, etc.

Yes because Miami didn’t take a knee
And while that’s true, GT lost a game they shouldn’t have (BG) and won a game they shouldn’t have (Miami). It evened itself out. 6 was the expected outcome before the season by most fans.

Back