Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

FB_IMG_1714738086069.jpg
My son is going to Top Gun. Way cooler than his son.

I doubt Deon's son is going to have a rap career. The whole family are just narcissists.
I don't know anything about rap, but I tend to believe that almost anyone can become a recording artist if they are surrounded by the right marketing and production resources. They can just hand someone a page of lyrics, round up some studio musicians, do some modern sound engineering and pitch correct the vocals. Spend enough money, and Voila! Just about anybody could be a rap star.

I don't know anything about rap, but I tend to believe that almost anyone can become a recording artist if they are surrounded by the right marketing and production resources. They can just hand someone a page of lyrics, round up some studio musicians, do some modern sound engineering and pitch correct the vocals. Spend enough money, and Voila! Just about anybody could be a rap star.

CU is ranked 79th in recruiting currently by On3
This is baffling. If I had Dieon Sanders in my living room with a manilla envelope stuffed with C notes, I'd commit on the spot...

OhhhHHHHHhhhhh, that's right... nvr mind...

Matter of time before the searing nausea and bone chilling cold sets in with the Colorado faithful when it dawns on them that they sold their soul and their future for a single win and a pair of broken sunglasses.

I remember when the tweet came out that Dieon was calling but GT never picked up. Gentlemen, we didn't just dodge a bullet that day, we dodged a nuclear warhead.

Last edited:
I remember when the tweet came out that Dieon was calling but GT never picked up. Gentlemen, we didn't just dodge a bullet that day, we dodged a nuclear warhead.
Dodged a bullet by not hosting Jax St bowl practice?

Him calling us out publicly like that over not helping him makes me think he is going to be a whiny bitch when Colorado fires him.
Colorado can go 4-8 again, Deion will never be fired from Colorado (unless he does something stupid). His value to the school itself cannot be denied. More than likely he’s leaving on his own whether after this season or after the 2025 season. The antics, horrible roster management, treatment of assistant coaches aside, all Colorado cares about are what has happened.

-Revenue increase.
-Donations / NIL collective at all time high levels.
-Enrollment increase.
-Home games are already sold out for a 2nd straight season.

Rule of thumb for long term success in CFB is recruiting. Deion does not like recruiting (no one can deny that) and actually thinks players should recruit him to offer. It’s quite comical how inflated his ego is.

I’ll continue to laugh like I did last year once Colorado starts losing. Heck, it may come week 1 when they host NDSU. This isn’t the same NDSU program that has been so dominant at the FCS level, but it’s still a Top 10 FCS program. Next up after the NDSU game is a trip to former rival Nebraska. 0-2 would sure be comical to see the reactions of the group of posters in this thread who still act like Deion is actually going to be successful long term at Colorado.

Colorado can go 4-8 again, Deion will never be fired from Colorado (unless he does something stupid). His value to the school itself cannot be denied. More than likely he’s leaving on his own whether after this season or after the 2025 season. The antics, horrible roster management, treatment of assistant coaches aside, all Colorado cares about are what has happened.

-Revenue increase.
-Donations / NIL collective at all time high levels.
-Enrollment increase.
-Home games are already sold out for a 2nd straight season.

Rule of thumb for long term success in CFB is recruiting. Deion does not like recruiting (no one can deny that) and actually thinks players should recruit him to offer. It’s quite comical how inflated his ego is.

I’ll continue to laugh like I did last year once Colorado starts losing. Heck, it may come week 1 when they host NDSU. This isn’t the same NDSU program that has been so dominant at the FCS level, but it’s still a Top 10 FCS program. Next up after the NDSU game is a trip to former rival Nebraska. 0-2 would sure be comical to see the reactions of the group of posters in this thread who still act like Deion is actually going to be successful long term at Colorado.
None of those positive things will last if they keep losing, and he would be a fool to walk away from his monster buyout instead of making them fire him.

where are all the "oh but the revenue CU is generating" fanboys now?

I was arguing with people that Coach Sanders was an overpriced risk of an experiment vs immediate results at a value price we get with Key. And Key loves GT and obviously he gets us. Last year was a rocky road, but GT got better as the season went on, gave the mutts a game, and came from behind in Tampa to stick it in UCF in a tough, grind it out type of game. CPJ was smiling somewhere.

I hope Deion is still there next year when GT goes to Boulder to slap the Buffs

Back