Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

LOL. Retards actually thought he should be the Tech coach.
I’ll admit, I was interested. I believe a lot of that was wanting GT to care more about football success. I’ve always felt you can have a world class research institute and a good competitive football team at the same time. Both represent GT and there have been times where I feel why do I care when the school doesn’t. In the long term we need more people emotionally invested in GT football.

The good news is Key is more emotionally invested in GT football than anyone you will ever meet.
I certainly agree with that statement. The problem is that Coach Key is a coach in the vein of a Dabo Swinney. He's a great CEO, but he'll need to keep the right OC/DC combo around. Faulkner was an incredible hire. Does anyone think he stays at GT after this season? Then what? I've seen Coach Key's play calling prowess on offense... I'd rather not see it again. So where would we find the next guy? Hope we just luck out again?

I certainly agree with that statement. The problem is that Coach Key is a coach in the vein of a Dabo Swinney. He's a great CEO, but he'll need to keep the right OC/DC combo around. Faulkner was an incredible hire. Does anyone think he stays at GT after this season? Then what? I've seen Coach Key's play calling prowess on offense... I'd rather not see it again. So where would we find the next guy? Hope we just luck out again?
I honestly feel like that’s already in the works with having Weinke work so closely with Faulkner. Inevitably, when Buster does leave we’ll just promote Weinke to OC to keep continuity with the system.

It’s very early to say he’s a great CEO. What CBK has is the desire to make GT the best football program he can, with a 100% vested interest as a former player/alum.

Hiring Faulkner was a great move, but some of the Portal additions also really helped get the offense back in gear. Let’s also give OL coach Wade his due. The OL development had been a sore spot for years, and now look. GT has a Top 10 OL unit in the country and even more depth coming. Whether Faulkner gets an HC job or not after this year, there will always be OC options out there. Keep in mind, he was only a QB coach at uga. Also, Weinke is on the staff as co OC. More than likely he would take over as FT OC.

The real question is, can Tyler S finally get GT back to a good defense for the first time really since 2008? The hires CBK has made to go along with Tyler S like Simpson are huge from an experience and recruiting standpoint.

GT is definitely getting the players on OL through the Portal and recruiting, now GT needs to find a way to get those big time DT’s. This has been the Achilles heel for as long as we all can remember.

Year 3 is usually when a program takes that big jump with a new staff, and I think that’s what should be the case. If GT goes 7-5 (8-5 post bowl) this year with the schedule on paper, that should be enough to warrant real excitement for 2025. Schedule in 2025 lightens as well from one of the hardest in the country this year, to an average schedule next year. So no more complaining about the ACC office and GT scheduling next year. ;)

2025:

@Colorado
Gardner-Webb
Temple
@ BC
@ Duke
Clemson
Pitt
Cuse
VT
@ NCSU
@ Wake
UGA

Back to Prime ....
He didn't set a good example for his own players with that antagonistic demeanor. You go 3-9, you're gonna get critics. Even at 9-3, you're gonna get critics.
Saying he won't talk to the local CBS affiliate because of something unnamed that CBS Sports did is petty. It's likely CBS doesn't even own that station (could be Gray or Sinclair or Tegna or Nexstar or some other ownership group). The networks own very few of their affiliates.

I hope Woody Paige is still writing in the Denver area. He'd have a field day with Prime right now.

It’s very early to say he’s a great CEO. What CBK has is the desire to make GT the best football program he can, with a 100% vested interest as a former player/alum.

Hiring Faulkner was a great move, but some of the Portal additions also really helped get the offense back in gear. Let’s also give OL coach Wade his due. The OL development had been a sore spot for years, and now look. GT has a Top 10 OL unit in the country and even more depth coming. Whether Faulkner gets an HC job or not after this year, there will always be OC options out there. Keep in mind, he was only a QB coach at uga. Also, Weinke is on the staff as co OC. More than likely he would take over as FT OC.

The real question is, can Tyler S finally get GT back to a good defense for the first time really since 2008? The hires CBK has made to go along with Tyler S like Simpson are huge from an experience and recruiting standpoint.

GT is definitely getting the players on OL through the Portal and recruiting, now GT needs to find a way to get those big time DT’s. This has been the Achilles heel for as long as we all can remember.

Year 3 is usually when a program takes that big jump with a new staff, and I think that’s what should be the case. If GT goes 7-5 (8-5 post bowl) this year with the schedule on paper, that should be enough to warrant real excitement for 2025. Schedule in 2025 lightens as well from one of the hardest in the country this year, to an average schedule next year. So no more complaining about the ACC office and GT scheduling next year. ;)

2025:

@Colorado
Gardner-Webb
Temple
@ BC
@ Duke
Clemson
Pitt
Cuse
VT
@ NCSU
@ Wake
UGA
Is that a for real schedule for 2025? I can't remember one of that regard in a LONG time.....

Back to Prime ....
He didn't set a good example for his own players with that antagonistic demeanor. You go 3-9, you're gonna get critics. Even at 9-3, you're gonna get critics.
Saying he won't talk to the local CBS affiliate because of something unnamed that CBS Sports did is petty. It's likely CBS doesn't even own that station (could be Gray or Sinclair or Tegna or Nexstar or some other ownership group). The networks own very few of their affiliates.

I hope Woody Paige is still writing in the Denver area. He'd have a field day with Prime right now.

The CBS affiliate should simply shift focus to Colorado State and give Colorado secondary coverage (if they haven't already). It won't be that hard if Colorado has another dumpster fire season.

I live out here in Colorado and I can tell you there is no where near the hype and press coverage for the Buffs this season compared to last season. Of course going 3-9 will do that but a lot of it comes from a total lack of positive things to write about. The Broncos dominate the sports media which is natural in markets there share their space with NFL teams. While I am no longer local to Atlanta that doesn't seem to be the case to the same degree as the Falcons and Tech this season or am I just biased with respect to Tech so that I don't see the Falcons dominating the local press to the degree that I see out here with the Broncos.

I live out here in Colorado and I can tell you there is no where near the hype and press coverage for the Buffs this season compared to last season. Of course going 3-9 will do that but a lot of it comes from a total lack of positive things to write about. The Broncos dominate the sports media which is natural in markets there share their space with NFL teams. While I am no longer local to Atlanta that doesn't seem to be the case to the same degree as the Falcons and Tech this season or am I just biased with respect to Tech so that I don't see the Falcons dominating the local press to the degree that I see out here with the Broncos.
Everyone who suffered thru their two super bowl appearances have given up on the Falcons

It's all dogs in Atlanta. Hell I see just as much coverage of KSU and Georgia State sports as Tech gets on the local news.

Everyone who suffered thru their two super bowl appearances have given up on the Falcons
It isn't enough to give up on them. You give up on the Hawks, because that is what they exist for. They're a corporate engine for disappointment which will eventually prove profitable to push for the NBA and they will be booked for an NBA Finals run or maybe even a title, and the marks can parade down Peachtree.

The Falcons are a disgrace for which the rapid evolution of language has still not yet found adequate descriptors. They did not just let us down, they deliberately squandered their greatest opportunity for redemption and left their city to live with the agony of it forever. If sports matter at all, in any capacity, if they hold any meaning within the grand scheme of being to which we belong, then the Falcons are cosmic criminals beyond redemption. May they burn in hell as we do. Confutatis maledictis; go Falcons.

It isn't enough to give up on them. You give up on the Hawks, because that is what they exist for. They're a corporate engine for disappointment which will eventually prove profitable to push for the NBA and they will be booked for an NBA Finals run or maybe even a title, and the marks can parade down Peachtree.

The Falcons are a disgrace for which the rapid evolution of language has still not yet found adequate descriptors. They did not just let us down, they deliberately squandered their greatest opportunity for redemption and left their city to live with the agony of it forever. If sports matter at all, in any capacity, if they hold any meaning within the grand scheme of being to which we belong, then the Falcons are cosmic criminals beyond redemption. May they burn in hell as we do. Confutatis maledictis; go Falcons.
Add that Mercedes Benz Stadium sucks the big one.

Back