Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

Alright I've held my tongue for quite awhile to see this insane rhetoric continually posted. A cursory look back through 100+ pages of this thread and the results posted by CU hasn't changed a thing. If you want to flip flop on your position, that is your prerogative.
However, the situation at CU is the exact same as it was 18 months ago.

Not a single soul that I could find in these postings ever said that Colorado would be world beaters or contending for playoffs or even posting a particular record by now. I don't know where this narrative was derived except in the minds of a few posters who have been vehemently outspoken against Deion from day one, and they're still wrong.

The narrative always was that CU would improve, which they have. The narrative always was that Deion would fill the coffers with money which he has. The narrative always was that had Deion come to the flats he would have delivered these same results and possibly even more spectacularly given that Atlanta is a much better market for him. None of that has changed.

This was never a Sanders versus Key deathmatch. And record wise we have no idea how that would have played out unless we can observe some parallel universe.

I like CBK, and seeing as he's leading our men onto the field every week I hope for tremendous amounts of success. But he did not sell out every home game last year nor did he sell every season ticket last year nor did he sell out every season ticket this year (student section did congrats!) as Deion has. I sincerely hope he does during the future but to this point Colorado has found the infusion of cash they needed to pull their program out of the pits of hell.

We've already been over this a hundred times. This is a new age of college football and you need money to win like it or not. You may not like the antics surrounding the fundraising but it's paid off handsomely for Colorado. If you deny this you are just ignoring all logic.

I'm sure Colorado wishes they had more wins under their belt in year 1.1, but so do we in year FIVE since any meaningful success. I care infinitely more about our growth than CU's, and we are on a much better track then we have been hands down. But, If you can't recognize concepts that Deion has brought to their program such as trying to enlist Saudi princes for NIL money as genius then you're beyond help. That is truly some next level out of the box öööö.

Deion's tenure at Colorado may end up to be short lived, and I don't think anybody truly believed it was going to turn into a dynasty over there. But one for one, we would not be in any worse of a position on 9/9/2024 had Deion been the head coach at Georgia Tech.

I do hope that Brent Key will prove that this year is a stepping stone to make him a legend around here, but for the time being the reality is we are in the same boat as CU.

So Colorado is in year 1.1 of their rebuild but we're in year 5? Colorado has ONE winning record since 2016 - 4-2 in the Covid year.

So Colorado is "improving" at 4-8 last year and getting blown out of Nebraska this year while Key takes us bowling and is 5-0 against ranked teams?

I appreciate that you held your tongue all this time while the rest of us speculate about the net trajectory of Colorado. Since you are a gambler, let's cut the crap and make a friendly wager. I'll put $100 on GT and spot you 21 points for our game in Boulder next year. You in?

So Colorado is in year 1.1 of their rebuild but we're in year 5? Colorado has ONE winning record since 2016 - 4-2 in the Covid year.

So Colorado is "improving" at 4-8 last year and getting blown out of Nebraska this year while Key takes us bowling and is 5-0 against ranked teams?

I appreciate that you held your tongue all this time while the rest of us speculate about the net trajectory of Colorado. Since you are a gambler, let's cut the crap and make a friendly wager. I'll put $100 on GT and spot you 21 points for our game in Boulder next year. You in?

See that's the made up narrative, it's not GT vs CU. It's CU isn't any worse off than GT is right now.

1-11 to 4-8 is improving. A win over a ranked week 1 TCU is the same as a win over a week 1 ranked FSU. CU had some bad beats last year and could have easily been bowling. We have no idea how good or bad Nebraska actually is. Do I need to keep going? You guys are drinking the haterade and it's too obvious that y'all want to be right rather than objective.

I wouldn't bet against ma Tech ever. But I'm sure we can get an over/under for CU record next year if Deion is the coach, because that's what this is about isn't it?

See that's the made up narrative, it's not GT vs CU. It's CU isn't any worse off than GT is right now.

1-11 to 4-8 is improving. A win over a ranked week 1 TCU is the same as a win over a week 1 ranked FSU. CU had some bad beats last year and could have easily been bowling. We have no idea how good or bad Nebraska actually is. Do I need to keep going? You guys are drinking the haterade and it's too obvious that y'all want to be right rather than objective.

I wouldn't bet against ma Tech ever. But I'm sure we can get an over/under for CU record next year if Deion is the coach, because that's what this is about isn't it?
How can it not be about Deion? Nothing about anything to do with Colorado is not about Deion.

And it just hit me what you ended your post with - "...if Deion is the coach..." Why wouldn't he be the coach? Colorado is very happy with him for the reasons you cited in your previous post - they guy is bringing in dump trucks of cash and putting butts in the seats and, honestly, they are entertaining to watch.

So what even made you think that he might not be there next August? No way CO fires him - Colorado is in better shape than GT according to some. So I guess you think he might quit. I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what you are trying to say.

And just for the record, you don't need to get defensive when folks point out some obvious problems going on in Boulder right now. I don't know how long you've been around but there are a good many people on this board who have hated Colorado for several decades. I had my pick of SoCal games to attend back in 2018 and I picked the CO game because I wanted to see them get curb stomped. Happily, USC obliged and despite attending GT at the same time their coach did, I had no love for the buffs then or now.

So, believe it or not, it really isn't all about Deion. Just don't tell Deion that.

Alright I've held my tongue for quite awhile to see this insane rhetoric continually posted. A cursory look back through 100+ pages of this thread and the results posted by CU hasn't changed a thing. If you want to flip flop on your position, that is your prerogative.

Not a single soul that I could find in these postings ever said that Colorado would be world beaters or contending for playoffs or even posting a particular record by now. I don't know where this narrative was derived except in the minds of a few posters who have been vehemently outspoken against Deion from day one, and they're still wrong.

The narrative always was that CU would improve, which they have. The narrative always was that Deion would fill the coffers with money which he has. The narrative always was that had Deion come to the flats he would have delivered these same results and possibly even more spectacularly given that Atlanta is a much better market for him. None of that has changed.

This was never a Sanders versus Key deathmatch. And record wise we have no idea how that would have played out unless we can observe some parallel universe.

I like CBK, and seeing as he's leading our men onto the field every week I hope for tremendous amounts of success. But he did not sell out every home game last year nor did he sell every season ticket last year nor did he sell out every season ticket this year (student section did congrats!) as Deion has. I sincerely hope he does during the future but to this point Colorado has found the infusion of cash they needed to pull their program out of the pits of hell.

We've already been over this a hundred times. This is a new age of college football and you need money to win like it or not. You may not like the antics surrounding the fundraising but it's paid off handsomely for Colorado. If you deny this you are just ignoring all logic.

I'm sure Colorado wishes they had more wins under their belt in year 1.1, but so do we in year FIVE since any meaningful success. I care infinitely more about our growth than CU's, and we are on a much better track then we have been hands down. But, If you can't recognize concepts that Deion has brought to their program such as trying to enlist Saudi princes for NIL money as genius then you're beyond help. That is truly some next level out of the box öööö.

Deion's tenure at Colorado may end up to be short lived, and I don't think anybody truly believed it was going to turn into a dynasty over there. But one for one, we would not be in any worse of a position on 9/9/2024 had Deion been the head coach at Georgia Tech.

I do hope that Brent Key will prove that this year is a stepping stone to make him a legend around here, but for the time being the reality is we are in the same boat as CU.
you are delusional and CU is a öööö show

How can it not be about Deion? Nothing about anything to do with Colorado is not about Deion.

And it just hit me what you ended your post with - "...if Deion is the coach..." Why wouldn't he be the coach? Colorado is very happy with him for the reasons you cited in your previous post - they guy is bringing in dump trucks of cash and putting butts in the seats and, honestly, they are entertaining to watch.

So what even made you think that he might not be there next August? No way CO fires him - Colorado is in better shape than GT according to some. So I guess you think he might quit. I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what you are trying to say.

And just for the record, you don't need to get defensive when folks point out some obvious problems going on in Boulder right now. I don't know how long you've been around but there are a good many people on this board who have hated Colorado for several decades. I had my pick of SoCal games to attend back in 2018 and I picked the CO game because I wanted to see them get curb stomped. Happily, USC obliged and despite attending GT at the same time their coach did, I had no love for the buffs then or now.

So, believe it or not, it really isn't all about Deion. Just don't tell Deion that.

See there it is again. This whole thread is about Deion, not about CU. CU is only brought up because Deion is the coach there. It could have been TAMU, Arkansas, UCF, fill in any other school with opening in the last 4 years.

This is kinda like therapy, it's getting apparent that your hate and many others may be for the school and not the coach. That makes more sense, but you're posting about it in the wrong spot. This thread resulted from the availability of Sanders while we had a dumpster fire of a HC and could he have helped turn our program around. This has nothing to do with your feelings about CU.

Do I think he will be at CU next year? I honestly have no idea. He has already paid for his hire, so if he wants to leave that's on him and his contract. I just threw that out there as a condition for a wager. It has no bearing on my take of Deion as a HC.

See there it is again. This whole thread is about Deion, not about CU. CU is only brought up because Deion is the coach there. It could have been TAMU, Arkansas, UCF, fill in any other school with opening in the last 4 years.

This is kinda like therapy, it's getting apparent that your hate and many others may be for the school and not the coach. That makes more sense, but you're posting about it in the wrong spot. This thread resulted from the availability of Sanders while we had a dumpster fire of a HC and could he have helped turn our program around. This has nothing to do with your feelings about CU.

Do I think he will be at CU next year? I honestly have no idea. He has already paid for his hire, so if he wants to leave that's on him and his contract. I just threw that out there as a condition for a wager. It has no bearing on my take of Deion as a HC.
You're just 100% wrong. Deion is a flaming dumpster fire. He will leave Colorado in a worse place than they were prior to his hire. He would've killed our program.

I'd rather lose than have the Deion show and everything that comes with it. It's completely embarrassing and I can't imagine watching a video of two GT staffers fist fighting in the parking lot while the head coach laughs, films, and narrates.

Just like I'd rather lose than win a 40 percent graduation rate, dozens of arrests, and players/staffers literally dying.

Also, "genius, next-level out of the box öööö" is certainly one way to describe attempting (and failing) to fund your public university football program with blood money from the country that funded the biggest terrorist attack in American history.

I know that is the reality not just for CFB but for pretty much everything; money trumps all. But god damn, I have a hard time praising it, or feeling jealous that we're not doing it.

Also, "genius, next-level out of the box öööö" is certainly one way to describe attempting (and failing) to fund your public university football program with blood money from the country that funded the biggest terrorist attack in American history.

I know that is the reality not just for CFB but for pretty much everything; money trumps all. But god damn, I have a hard time praising it, or feeling jealous that we're not doing it.
Confederate States of America is funding Colorado?

Just a little joke to lighten the mood fellas. Colorado sucks, just like before. Deion is a "look at me" turd, just like before.

Meanwhile we have a badass as coach who took us bowling and continues to improve Tech Football for the longer term, not seeking fame or fortune selling out the school for the fame of his family.

You're just 100% wrong. Deion is a flaming dumpster fire. He will leave Colorado in a worse place than they were prior to his hire. He would've killed our program.
Financially, Colorado will be in a much better place than before he got there.

And dont forget the cost of PR to repair the damage when Sanders trashes CU upon his eventual departure

The people filling the stands aren’t CU fans. They are Sanders fans. When he leaves they will leave.

I'm sure it's both. They probably lost a lot of their regular fans during their terrible years, like we did with the clown, and I'm sure the revitalized interest in CU football would have brought a lot of them back even if they don't particularly care for Deion.

Is the Boulder stadium also now "his house?"
Dude is the richest squatter in history!

Back