Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

The people filling the stands aren’t CU fans. They are Sanders fans. When he leaves they will leave.
spaceballs-whats-the-matter.gif

Maybe. His buyout may erase that gain.

Do finances count more than wins now?
I don’t think there will be a buyout, they won one game before he got there. Why would they fire him? He’s far more likely to leave on his own. And no, finances don’t count more than wins, but I was responding to the comment that he will leave Colorado in a worse place than when he got there. Again, they won one game the year before he got there. so from a wins perspective that’s pretty damn low bar.

Thank you, Gambler, for breathing new life into this dying thread.

Changing one's mind in view of new facts is not "flip-flopping." It's sanity. You should try it. It's not like folks here are politicians holding their fingers to the wind and changing what they "stand for" to follow popular opinion and garner votes. THAT's "flip-flopping."

Yes, Coach Prime has brought money and attention to Colorado.

However AFAIAC, money is only a MEANS to an end - not the end itself, as it possibly appears to be to you. I am all about WINNING. Winning isn't everything - it's the ONLY thing. That's why I argued here against the delusional folks who thought that the Little Ten would come slobbering after us,. (1) They won't; and (2) even if they did, I would pass (UMich, T-OSU, PSU, USC, Iowa, Wisconsin, Oregon . . . no thanks, I'll keep Duke, Wake Forest and Virginny).

Coach Prime has also brought in croots . . . all the attention helps wiith that.

But he hasn't brought in wins or built a good football team. I thought if he brought in croots, wins would follow. Again, I was wrong. He's a lousy football coach. And he might have driven away as many or more good players than he attracted. I sure didn't see that coming. I think dark days are ahead for Colorado - especially if he and his two NFL 1st round talent players all leave at the end of this year as I expect.

Personally, I like Prime. But I think if he had come here, it would have been a disaster and we would be starting all over again with another rebuild next year, and it would have been even harder to start after a failed Coach Prime regime.

Alright I've held my tongue for quite awhile to see this insane rhetoric continually posted. A cursory look back through 100+ pages of this thread and the results posted by CU hasn't changed a thing. If you want to flip flop on your position, that is your prerogative.
However, the situation at CU is the exact same as it was 18 months ago.

Not a single soul that I could find in these postings ever said that Colorado would be world beaters or contending for playoffs or even posting a particular record by now. I don't know where this narrative was derived except in the minds of a few posters who have been vehemently outspoken against Deion from day one, and they're still wrong.

The narrative always was that CU would improve, which they have. The narrative always was that Deion would fill the coffers with money which he has. The narrative always was that had Deion come to the flats he would have delivered these same results and possibly even more spectacularly given that Atlanta is a much better market for him. None of that has changed.

This was never a Sanders versus Key deathmatch. And record wise we have no idea how that would have played out unless we can observe some parallel universe.

I like CBK, and seeing as he's leading our men onto the field every week I hope for tremendous amounts of success. But he did not sell out every home game last year nor did he sell every season ticket last year nor did he sell out every season ticket this year (student section did congrats!) as Deion has. I sincerely hope he does during the future but to this point Colorado has found the infusion of cash they needed to pull their program out of the pits of hell.

We've already been over this a hundred times. This is a new age of college football and you need money to win like it or not. You may not like the antics surrounding the fundraising but it's paid off handsomely for Colorado. If you deny this you are just ignoring all logic.

I'm sure Colorado wishes they had more wins under their belt in year 1.1, but so do we in year FIVE since any meaningful success. I care infinitely more about our growth than CU's, and we are on a much better track then we have been hands down. But, If you can't recognize concepts that Deion has brought to their program such as trying to enlist Saudi princes for NIL money as genius then you're beyond help. That is truly some next level out of the box öööö.

Deion's tenure at Colorado may end up to be short lived, and I don't think anybody truly believed it was going to turn into a dynasty over there. But one for one, we would not be in any worse of a position on 9/9/2024 had Deion been the head coach at Georgia Tech.

I do hope that Brent Key will prove that this year is a stepping stone to make him a legend around here, but for the time being the reality is we are in the same boat as CU.
BS. Straight up BS. The hype after beating BAD TCU, Nebraska and CSU teams fueled the narrative of how quickly he “fixed” CU, when reality is, those 3 teams were bad. Who exactly are you trying to kid? The $$$ influx is there, but that team is WORSE this year than last year. So going 4-8 to you in year 2 is good because of $$$? Uhhh OK….That $$$ will stop flowing in now that the hype is losing steam. The narrative of how “great” he will recruit, has been thrown out the window. He refuses to go on the road to recruit.

And when he leaves in December, the next HC will officially have the “greatest rebuild” in modern CFB.

That program is an absolute train wreck right now, and even the ardent supporters in the media have flipped on how that program is being run. Look at the antics of the players now, combined with the coaching staff. Absolute mess.

The people who think Deion will quit and just be gone next year are delusional, there’s no way he's walking away from his buyout, bro’s gonna get paid when the smoking crater ööööshow finally gets embarrassing enough

The people who think Deion will quit and just be gone next year are delusional, there’s no way he's walking away from his buyout, bro’s gonna get paid when the smoking crater ööööshow finally gets embarrassing enough
I think he is too prideful to allow himself to be fired. He’ll say he’s quitting for time reasons and to follow his son in the NFL. No way he wants to coach next year without Travis Hunter.

Like I said, all more of the same empty arguments. Your perspectives are wrong. I'm not arguing the morality or the ethics of Deion being at CU, but college football doesn't give a damn about that stuff anymore. Nor does it care about appearances. If I was running things none of this bullshit would be allowed.

It's the same reason why an unranked B10 Saturday afternoon week 2 game can garner 6.3 million views when a week 0 only game on TV gets 5 million. It's also the same reason why there will be 5 million televisions on a CU CSU rivalry next week that nobody outside Denver even thinks about this week.

For the sake of argument, so you guys don't put up the imaginary bias wall in your brains, lets just call Prime clown 2.0. He is the Collins of Colorado. The difference is that he has generated so much revenue already for the school, the community, the NILs, that if he walks out at the end of the season. CU can walk out and hire Urban Meyer, or Saban, or insert great coach here without debate.

Compare that with our decision making. CGC leaves, we have to give him this huge payout for sucking and then we can't really get what we want but get what we can afford and subsequently have to build this idea that it's a great hire because we can't say it's not or we're not going to get any recruits.

That is the Prime effect. Of course the aftermath has to be managed properly but it's a cheat code. And everybody knew that at least the infusion part would happen. The only question is how long does it last, but it's already been long enough to benefit.

Unfortunately it's time to let go of your old single dimension mindset fellas.

Thank you, Gambler, for breathing new life into this dying thread.

Changing one's mind in view of new facts is not "flip-flopping." It's sanity. You should try it. It's not like folks here are politicians holding their fingers to the wind and changing what they "stand for" to follow popular opinion and garner votes. THAT's "flip-flopping."

Yes, Coach Prime has brought money and attention to Colorado.

However AFAIAC, money is only a MEANS to an end - not the end itself, as it possibly appears to be to you. I am all about WINNING. Winning isn't everything - it's the ONLY thing. That's why I argued here against the delusional folks who thought that the Little Ten would come slobbering after us,. (1) They won't; and (2) even if they did, I would pass (UMich, T-OSU, PSU, USC, Iowa, Wisconsin, Oregon . . . no thanks, I'll keep Duke, Wake Forest and Virginny).

Coach Prime has also brought in croots . . . all the attention helps wiith that.

But he hasn't brought in wins or built a good football team. I thought if he brought in croots, wins would follow. Again, I was wrong. He's a lousy football coach. And he might have driven away as many or more good players than he attracted. I sure didn't see that coming. I think dark days are ahead for Colorado - especially if he and his two NFL 1st round talent players all leave at the end of this year as I expect.

Personally, I like Prime. But I think if he had come here, it would have been a disaster and we would be starting all over again with another rebuild next year, and it would have been even harder to start after a failed Coach Prime regime.
What recruits has he brought in? Colorado had the #95 rated HS recruiting class in 2024 per 247.

You’re mixing overall recruiting with just using the Portal. And after openly blaming the OL and losing the starters from last year, they went out of used the Portal to fix the OL again. And the OL this year through 2 games looks worse than last year.

You can’t just use the Portal to build a team, overall program, and winning culture. Doesn’t seem like Colorado cares about building a program for the future.

Like I said, all more of the same empty arguments. Your perspectives are wrong. I'm not arguing the morality or the ethics of Deion being at CU, but college football doesn't give a damn about that stuff anymore. Nor does it care about appearances. If I was running things none of this bullshit would be allowed.

It's the same reason why an unranked B10 Saturday afternoon week 2 game can garner 6.3 million views when a week 0 only game on TV gets 5 million. It's also the same reason why there will be 5 million televisions on a CU CSU rivalry next week that nobody outside Denver even thinks about this week.

For the sake of argument, so you guys don't put up the imaginary bias wall in your brains, lets just call Prime clown 2.0. He is the Collins of Colorado. The difference is that he has generated so much revenue already for the school, the community, the NILs, that if he walks out at the end of the season. CU can walk out and hire Urban Meyer, or Saban, or insert great coach here without debate.

Compare that with our decision making. CGC leaves, we have to give him this huge payout for sucking and then we can't really get what we want but get what we can afford and subsequently have to build this idea that it's a great hire because we can't say it's not or we're not going to get any recruits.

That is the Prime effect. Of course the aftermath has to be managed properly but it's a cheat code. And everybody knew that at least the infusion part would happen. The only question is how long does it last, but it's already been long enough to benefit.

Yeah. CFB AD’s, alums and fans only care about 1 thing…..Winning. So now that the hype has faded, what’s left for Colorado at this point? A bunch of hope? Look at that schedule and tell me where you see 5 more wins.

All the $$$ he’s helped bring in, will be part of what they need to hire a new staff when he leaves. There aren’t a bunch of kids who will care to go to Colorado because Prime “used” to be the HC.

Your argument basically boils down to, "Any decision that nets you more money is a good decision."

It doesn't matter if the program is publicly embarrassed, your student athletes aren't treated well, you lose a lot of games in the short to medium term -- just grab that paper, deal with the PR hit, and then use the money to actually improve later.

And while that is certainly a valid perspective and no doubt one that some other programs/people share, I don't think it's right to say that all other perspectives are wrong, or that all arguments against Deion are empty because he brings in money.

Money is extremely important, but it not the only thing. And there are other ways to make it. I hate that we sell our best home game to the Dome, but I accept it because we need money. I hate that we switched to turf, but I accept it because we need money.

But personally, I wouldn't accept the things Deion does here, even though he brings in money. For me, there is a line of what I'll trade for money. Maybe you disagree with my line, but that doesn't make it wrong or empty.

I hope you are still around when he is gone and we hear about how poor CUAA finances are, that they can't afford a new high profile coach and they retreat back to CFB oblivion.

What recruits has he brought in? Colorado had the #95 rated HS recruiting class in 2024 per 247.

You’re mixing overall recruiting with just using the Portal. And after openly blaming the OL and losing the starters from last year, they went out of used the Portal to fix the OL again. And the OL this year through 2 games looks worse than last year.

You can’t just use the Portal to build a team, overall program, and winning culture. Doesn’t seem like Colorado cares about building a program for the future.
Shadeur Sanders
Travis Hunter.

Sure fire top 10 NFL picks.

mental illness is truly an epidemic

Show us your work. Where's the massive influx of revenue vs the ramping up of costs associated to Deion? You don't get to just keep repeating - look how much money he made CU!!!!11!!!!11!!1!!!!!1!!!!!!

Back