Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

1) 8 would be amazing for CU this year doubt that will happen..

2) deion sticking around 3 more years would be a win but also doubt that will happen

3) He made them some cash so best case they have some money now to hire a great coach which would also be a win for them

4) Worst case nobody wants to touch that dumpster fire and the funds dry up quick..

My money is on 3) and he turns out to be a pretty good hire for them

If CU can get Sanders to leave without a buyout this year or next, it will be a net win. He revived interest in the program. He showed students what an exciting gameday can bring.

His contract is a monstrosity though. He could stay there and milk 4 win seasons. That would undo everything he’s brought.

If CU can get Sanders to leave without a buyout this year or next, it will be a net win. He revived interest in the program. He showed students what an exciting gameday can bring.

His contract is a monstrosity though. He could stay there and milk 4 win seasons. That would undo everything he’s brought.
I think another 4 win season and he will agree to leave at a reduced rate on his buyout. Narcissist usually have a short attention span.

@ee8384 @gambler
For those claiming Deon has filled the Colorado athletic coffers, here are the financial reports from FY2022 and FY2023.
FY2022
FY2023

A summary for each sport is found near the end of the reports around page 77.

Football ticket sales are down from FY22 to FY23 about $3.6M.
Total revenue from football is down from FY22 to FY23 about $1M.
Total expenses from football is up from FY22 to FY23 about $9.5M. But hey, bowl expenses were $0 so they got that going for them.

There are a lot of ways to try and measure the financial impact of "Coach" Prime to Colorado and it will be a bit fluid as his tenure plays out, but wins and losses matter. Always have and always will. Those financial numbers are clearly not good and clearly going in the wrong direction.

Lol, it's almost like you don't want to acknowledge the other 124 pages of this thread exist. We have already been deep into the numbers brother. You can't just cherry pick a few line items and the rest of the evidence disappears.

CU is making money off Deion, and if anything, the way business is run, it's gonna be under reported.

Lol, it's almost like you don't want to acknowledge the other 124 pages of this thread exist. We have already been deep into the numbers brother. You can't just cherry pick a few line items and the rest of the evidence disappears.

CU is making money off Deion, and if anything, the way business is run, it's gonna be under reported.

That's why I reposted the data that showed that CU is financially benefiting is sorely lacking and the media is overblowing it.

Horse öööö. Better said, buffalo öööö.

Since you've been through the reports so thoroughly please share with all of us where the huge increase in revenue is where "CU is making money off Deion".

You do realize every dollar that comes in now is front end loaded speculative investment based on expected return? You do realize the speculative investment dries up and any future investment is non-existent when they continue to get blown out and post a horrible record and the current administration loses the confidence of the donors.

Sound familiar? Our president had to clean house because of the previous clown show. We were lucky to get Key at a discount price. LUCKY! And we are still behind the financial curve trying to play catch up and will be for some time.

What happens when Colorado still has 3 years left on Deion's contract, he fires one or two more assistant coaches before the season ends, his kids declare for the draft or get injured and quit on the team and those transfers realize the ship is sinking fast? Where will all that "Deion created" revenue be?

What happens when the AD and school president are sitting on another bad losing record, a disillusioned and angry fanbase and a shelf full of multi-million dollar contracts they still have to pay out? There's going to be a lot of finger pointing and it's going to get ugly, that's what's going to happen.

I'm sure that 28-10 stomping by Nebraska was just a fluke. Deion has it all figured out and it's just a matter of a few more transfers and a few more assistant coach replacements to put it all together and all that "Deion created revenue" will come flooding in.

You keep believing that.

Wow, if Colorado had a 125 page thread talking about my school I would be so fulfilled. I wish we would have hired him! hahahahahaha

It is 3 weeks in and this board isn't really all that active about US. Maybe we can buy a better team now.

I'm gonna ask one more question that I bet will get dodged all by all these obviously biased takes. How many wins does CU have to secure this year for you to consider Deion's hire a success? Give me a number.

I can almost guarantee if he puts up 5 it won't be enough "improvement". I bet 8 wouldn't be enough and 10 most certainly would be found lacking by these haters.

Post your number, we'll see how the season plays out.
His overall success can't be measured by just one season. Need to look over his entire time there. Hell, Frank Beamer only won 24 games over his first six years at VPI. 24-40-2. But over his entire stay there, he was a tremendous success.

Looking at their schedule, I would say he needs at least six wins for THIS SEASON to be a moderate success. And that's only because he started with a Colorado program which was an even bigger trainwreck than Coach Clown. Four wins or less is a failed season. Eight or more would be a big success.

Wow, if Colorado had a 125 page thread talking about my school I would be so fulfilled. I wish we would have hired him! hahahahahaha

It is 3 weeks in and this board isn't really all that active about US. Maybe we can buy a better team now.
Deion, a coach that has never been here and Collins a coach fired 3 years ago get more attention than anything else.

Deion, a coach that has never been here and Collins a coach fired 3 years ago get more attention than anything else.

This thread is a year and a half old and has died several times, but then every time, some jackass decides to resuscitate it. Personally, I'm done with it! Can we get back to Tech football?

I wish the mods would lock this POS thread and make anyone who wants to beat the Coach Prime thing to death yet again start a new thread..

This thread is a year and a half old and has died several times, but then every time, some jackass decides to resuscitate it. Personally, I'm done with it! Can we get back to Tech football?

I wish the mods would lock this POS thread and make anyone who wants to beat the Coach Prime thing to death yet again start a new thread..
Mods have the power to delete threads as well. That wouldn’t bother me either.

Or we could just let people talk about whatever they want to talk about in the world of college football in an appropriately titled thread, and if somebody is not interested, they can ignore it. It’s not like there’s a finite number of threads and posts available.

JRjr

Or we could just let people talk about whatever they want to talk about in the world of college football in an appropriately titled thread, and if somebody is not interested, they can ignore it. It’s not like there’s a finite number of threads and posts available.

JRjr
We could. On the other hand, mods delete threads sometimes.

JRjr
“The possibilities are endless
For me to miss one would seem to be groundless”
Lou Reed

If you're sick of discussing Deion why would you want new threads created? Just ignore this one. Deion is still one of the biggest stories in CFB so people will want to discuss him.

If you're sick of discussing Deion why would you want new threads created? Just ignore this one. Deion is still one of the biggest stories in CFB so people will want to discuss him.
And we play them next year, a grudge match 35 years in the making for the old people among us, so the state of Colorado football is actually somewhat on topic, and a little juicier than the state of, like, Duke or VPI football.

JRjr

foxsports.com/watch/fmc-03llglu3gbb7axs5

Screenshot_20240911-181012_Brave.jpg

So what is his record on the field again? And what is his recruiting rankings again? I know the answers, but just want you to admit it. I mean, since ya know you gloated so highly over the win vs a faux ranked losing record TCU team and all.

And remind me…..How did that Stanford game end up? I’ll hang up and listen, fauxPaul.

Back