Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

And we play them next year, a grudge match 35 years in the making for the old people among us, so the state of Colorado football is actually somewhat on topic, and a little juicier than the state of, like, Duke or VPI football.

JRjr
But what happens with a new HC on the sidelines in Boulder next year? Will it matter as much? Or just another GT beat down like everyone saw vs a mediocre opponent ala Georgia State game.

But what happens with a new HC on the sidelines in Boulder next year? Will it matter as much? Or just another GT beat down like everyone saw vs a mediocre opponent ala Georgia State game.
Yes it will matter. Don’t care who their coach is. öööö Colorado. I want their fans headed for the exits after 3 quarters.

That's why I reposted the data that showed that CU is financially benefiting is sorely lacking and the media is overblowing it.

Horse öööö. Better said, buffalo öööö.

Since you've been through the reports so thoroughly please share with all of us where the huge increase in revenue is where "CU is making money off Deion".

You do realize every dollar that comes in now is front end loaded speculative investment based on expected return? You do realize the speculative investment dries up and any future investment is non-existent when they continue to get blown out and post a horrible record and the current administration loses the confidence of the donors.

Sound familiar? Our president had to clean house because of the previous clown show. We were lucky to get Key at a discount price. LUCKY! And we are still behind the financial curve trying to play catch up and will be for some time.

What happens when Colorado still has 3 years left on Deion's contract, he fires one or two more assistant coaches before the season ends, his kids declare for the draft or get injured and quit on the team and those transfers realize the ship is sinking fast? Where will all that "Deion created" revenue be?

What happens when the AD and school president are sitting on another bad losing record, a disillusioned and angry fanbase and a shelf full of multi-million dollar contracts they still have to pay out? There's going to be a lot of finger pointing and it's going to get ugly, that's what's going to happen.

I'm sure that 28-10 stomping by Nebraska was just a fluke. Deion has it all figured out and it's just a matter of a few more transfers and a few more assistant coach replacements to put it all together and all that "Deion created revenue" will come flooding in.

You keep believing that.

Let's make this real simple. Does CU have more money before or after Deion hire? If before, I'll end my participation in this thread now and admit it was a bad hire. If after, well, I'm sure you guys will find a way to spin that negatively...

So what is his record on the field again? And what is his recruiting rankings again? I know the answers, but just want you to admit it. I mean, since ya know you gloated so highly over the win vs a faux ranked losing record TCU team and all.

And remind me…..How did that Stanford game end up? I’ll hang up and listen, fauxPaul.

That reply was in regard to finances, but since you bring it up: his record has improved YoY, most normal people would consider that successful.

He has definitely recruited untraditionally especially this year. I don't know if that will pay off. About 10 weeks left to find out.

The CU win over TCU in week one last year was as good as our win over FSU in week one this year. I'm still celebrating that. You can't have it both ways.

That reply was in regard to finances, but since you bring it up: his record has improved YoY, most normal people would consider that successful.

He has definitely recruited untraditionally especially this year. I don't know if that will pay off. About 10 weeks left to find out.

The CU win over TCU in week one last year was as good as our win over FSU in week one this year. I'm still celebrating that. You can't have it both ways.
You’re celebrating a win Colorado had over a bad TCU team? That win over TCU was just as big as beating a mediocre Nebraska or CSU.

F$U has 10 more game to get 6+ wins. So to date, GT’s win still means moar.

His record has improved YoY, but will be a complete uphill battle to supplant 4-8 in a much better league last year P12. So that is still TBD at the P5 now P4 level, don’t ya think?

Using the same 247 database, CU is sitting at an elite #84 in the 2025 class. Compare that to GT at #18. Guy would never have worked at GT. Not sure why you can’t just agree to that point after 1.5 years.

You’re celebrating a win Colorado had over a bad TCU team? F$U has 10 more game to get 6+ wins. So to date, GT’s win still means moar.

His record has improved YoY, but will be a complete uphill battle to supplant 4-8 in a much better league last year P12. So that is still TBD at the P5 now P4 level, don’t ya think?

Using the same 247 database, CU is sitting at an elite #84 in the 2025 class. Compare that to GT at #18. Guy would never have worked at GT. Not sure why you can’t agree to that after 1.5 years.

Bro you're grasping pretty hard at this point. I never celebrated anything to start with. I gave credit to CU for a win over a ranked TCU team who was previous year playoff contender in the first several weeks of the season, not at the end of the year.

You keep making comparisons that are apples to oranges. By your logic FSU didn't even go to the playoffs. As a matter of fact you said in other threads they didn't deserve to. But now you want to say they're different than TCU was...

Bro you're grasping pretty hard at this point. I never celebrated anything to start with. I gave credit to CU for a win over a ranked TCU team who was previous year playoff contender in the first several weeks of the season, not at the end of the year.

You keep making comparisons that are apples to oranges. By your logic FSU didn't even go to the playoffs. As a matter of fact you said in other threads they didn't deserve to. But now you want to say they're different than TCU was...
“Bro” you need to re-read what was said. You comparing the <yawn> win over 5-7 TCU, doesn’t compare to 0-2 FSU through week 2. If FSU goes 6-6 this year, still is a better win vs anything Colorado has accomplished to date.

Also “Bro” let’s clarify what I’ve said about FSU. I agreed with the CFP committee that 12-0 FSU without Jordan Travis was not better than 11-1 Alabama. Because “bro” it’s using what has always been said “4 best” not “4 most deserving” teams.

“Bro” you need to re-read what was said. You comparing the <yawn> win over 5-7 TCU, doesn’t compare to 0-2 FSU through week 2. If FSU goes 6-6 this year, still is a better win vs anything Colorado has accomplished to date.

Also “Bro” let’s clarify what I’ve said about FSU. I agreed with the CFP committee that 12-0 FSU without Jordan Travis was not better than 11-1 Alabama. Because “bro” it’s using what has always been said “4 best” not “4 most deserving” teams.

Braaaaaah, YOU need to reread what was said. The win over TCU happened in week one of the season last year right after they completed a 13-2 season losing in the playoffs to ugay. It was in the following few weeks I referenced that win....not 12 weeks, or in your case 54 weeks later.

Sure the win doesn't look that great after TCU finishes the season 5-7 but at the time it was a great win. You are using McFly's almanac to go back in the delorean and argue who is gonna win the 1950 world series.

I commend you for keeping that whiskey clear during the week because nothing else explains the incomprehension.

Let's make this real simple. Does CU have more money before or after Deion hire? If before, I'll end my participation in this thread now and admit it was a bad hire. If after, well, I'm sure you guys will find a way to spin that negatively...
One thing is certain, they have a lot more debt. Debt can be good if you get the return on the debt and continuing revenue to make the risk worth the investment. There is dimming hope this will be the case.

Have you ever heard the expression, "writing checks your ass can't cash"? Eventually, people come looking for the money.

Deion is gonna get paid. Colorado will be left holding the bag. Just like the Clown Show™ left Tech holding the bag. A bag full of empty. A bag full of a damaged program, bad reputation, and a long, difficult rebuild. Colorado went for the flashy salesman with big promises and it looks like the gig is just about up.

Been there, done that, by the grace of God we didn't do it again.

This thread.....

DpJJ.gif

One thing is certain, they have a lot more debt. Debt can be good if you get the return on the debt and continuing revenue to make the risk worth the investment. There is dimming hope this will be the case.

Have you ever heard the expression, "writing checks your ass can't cash"? Eventually, people come looking for the money.

Deion is gonna get paid. Colorado will be left holding the bag. Just like the Clown Show™ left Tech holding the bag. A bag full of empty. A bag full of a damaged program, bad reputation, and a long, difficult rebuild. Colorado went for the flashy salesman with big promises and it looks like the gig is just about up.

Been there, done that, by the grace of God we didn't do it again.

If you say so. Seems like a good deal for the school if he stays or leaves on his own. The difference is clown only took from us and didn't generate anything.

Deion Sanders Buyout​

If Colorado elects to fire Deion Sanders before the end of his contract, they must pay him a buyout equal to 75% of his remaining salary obligations.

If Sanders leaves Colorado for any reason – most likely to accept a better job elsewhere in the world of college football or the NFL – he would owe Colorado liquidated damages. Those damages are preset at $15 million if he leaves after the 2023 season. They decrease to $10 million after the second season and continue to decrease throughout the length of the contract.

If you say so. Seems like a good deal for the school if he stays or leaves on his own. The difference is clown only took from us and didn't generate anything.

Deion Sanders Buyout​

If Colorado elects to fire Deion Sanders before the end of his contract, they must pay him a buyout equal to 75% of his remaining salary obligations.

If Sanders leaves Colorado for any reason – most likely to accept a better job elsewhere in the world of college football or the NFL – he would owe Colorado liquidated damages. Those damages are preset at $15 million if he leaves after the 2023 season. They decrease to $10 million after the second season and continue to decrease throughout the length of the contract.
"If Sanders leaves Colorado for any reason – most likely to accept a better job elsewhere in the world of college football or the NFL – he would owe Colorado liquidated damages."

HAAAAAAA!!!! Holy ööööing öööö! That is ööööing hilarious!!!

The only thing Deion will likely be doing in the future, after leaving Colorado in a smoldering heap, is pimping insurance and sunglasses, counting Colorado's money, and helicopter parenting his kids in the NFL.

But thanks for the laugh... holy öööö... that was rich.

Why do you keep beating this drum about CU having more money because of Deion? Nobody gives AF about that- Wins, bowl games, positive media for the school are what matters. People are tuning in to watch him fail because they hate him and now hate CU too. His sh!tty coaching, nepotism, racism and narcissism are driving their sh!t program into a bottomless pit and we are all here for it.

Why do you keep beating this drum about CU having more money because of Deion? Nobody gives AF about that- Wins, bowl games, positive media for the school are what matters. People are tuning in to watch him fail because they hate him and now hate CU too. His sh!tty coaching, nepotism, racism and narcissism are driving their sh!t program into a bottomless pit and we are all here for it.
All about money. Texas don't want a natty. Texas wants more money.

Back