Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

Yeah I think it was a sensible hire for a forgotten program like Colorado's. But scandal and lasting reputational damage is a big risk.

Like this (probably posted already):
I believe GT had 3rd party overtures to Deion when we were firing clown but it lasted about a nanosecond. It certainly did not progress past there, but I'm sure intermediaries enquired given our location and situation. In the end there was no way Batt was going to be able to hire him regardless of the impact on our financials. What Colorado's facing now, how to get off the Deion bus is/was going to be an enormous spectacle. We just couldn't have back to back embarassments with our football program. Had to go conservative.

Let's review some CU football history. Since CU was gifted half of a national championship in 1990 with GT, I decided to start with 1991.

It looks like things really took a nose dive for CU after Gary Barnett left after the 2005 season.

From 1991-2005:
CU wins: 119
GT wins: 100

Seems like CU was way ahead of Tech during that period. 19% more wins.

That difference in win percentage is largely. due to the in-state rivalry games. Trade 16 uga games (3-13) for 16 games against CO State (13-3).

The remainder is Bill Lewis who was the second (!) worst coach in GT history.

We’ll call FSU/Neb a wash, although FSU was more consistent over that time period.

Colorado sold their soul for Deion Sanders. Theirs may not have been worth much to start with, but selling one's soul is always a terrible deal.

It will end in deep regret and a smoldering heap.

1726591273681.png

Colorado sold their soul for Deion Sanders. Theirs may not have been worth much to start with, but selling one's soul is always a terrible deal.

It will end in deep regret and a smoldering heap.

1726591273681.png
Not sure about that. How many of you all wanted to chew your arm off, vomit, etc early Sat/Sun morning when you woke up with an extra body in your bed? I'm sure quite a few did it more than once.

Back