Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

Having Prime Time back in Atlanta could have been awesome sauce; but let's not kid ourselves, the Hill would have screwed it up with player eligibility roadblocks and other such nonsense.

Barely had the $ to fire Geoff, much less hire Deion
Gotta risk it to get the biscuit. You solicit donations on the premise, you take out a big loan to pay him. Your AA was in shambles anyway, there was almost no downside. The sidewalk fan engagement would’ve been absolutely massive.

Having Prime Time back in Atlanta could have been awesome sauce; but let's not kid ourselves, the Hill would have screwed it up with player eligibility roadblocks and other such nonsense.
Sounds as if the President could have some pull to actually prove he means what he says.

Here’s the thing, Tech has very rarely been the “cool” team. Deion takes a former one win dumpster fire team and beats a perennial good team, he made Colorado (who hasn’t won anything of note since we have) cool. Meanwhile we go with never head coached a game alumni (because that makes sense) and we’re giving up a three possession lead at halftime to Louisville. Tech stupidity never ceases to amaze…

Here’s the thing, Tech has very rarely been the “cool” team. Deion takes a former one win dumpster fire team and beats a perennial good team, he made Colorado (who hasn’t won anything of note since we have) cool. Meanwhile we go with never head coached a game alumni (because that makes sense) and we’re giving up a three possession lead at halftime to Louisville. Tech stupidity never ceases to amaze…

Three things:

1) Based on what we've seen so far, Deion is a smashing success of a hire and any school who passed on the possibility to hire him is regretful right now.

2) Calling a coach who you watched be the head coach for 8 games last year a "never head coached a game alumni" and then commenting on how other people are stupid is an odd choice.

3) To give up a three possession half time lead (I thought it was two but as you said Tech stupidity never ceases to amaze) you have to get a three possession half time lead (again, thought it was two but that's my stupidity as a Tech fan.) If we do that a lot we'll have a good season.

It sucked to lose last night, no doubt about it, and there are areas of concern. But it would be foolish to bury Key as a HC on the basis of a close loss in the first ever game he head coached (anyone who's reading this and thought he had head coached eight games last year -- again, Tech stupidity.)

Three things:

1) Based on what we've seen so far, Deion is a smashing success of a hire and any school who passed on the possibility to hire him is regretful right now.

2) Calling a coach who you watched be the head coach for 8 games last year a "never head coached a game alumni" and then commenting on how other people are stupid is an odd choice.

3) To give up a three possession half time lead (I thought it was two but as you said Tech stupidity never ceases to amaze) you have to get a three possession half time lead (again, thought it was two but that's my stupidity as a Tech fan.) If we do that a lot we'll have a good season.

It sucked to lose last night, no doubt about it, and there are areas of concern. But it would be foolish to bury Key as a HC on the basis of a close loss in the first ever game he head coached (anyone who's reading this and thought he had head coached eight games last year -- again, Tech stupidity.)
Andrew. I’ve met you once and you are a cool dude. We spar in pm. Yes, you are good at Tetris. You are overthinking bro.

Andrew. I’ve met you once and you are a cool dude. We spar in pm. Yes, you are good at Tetris. You are overthinking bro.

Yeah you're right. I would delete the post if not for the limit. I just got super defensive because I hate seeing people flat out bury a new coach on the basis of one game. It's like self loathing. Why be so miserable like that?

Yeah you're right. I would delete the post if not for the limit. I just got super defensive because I hate seeing people flat out bury a new coach on the basis of one game. It's like self loathing. Why be so miserable like that?
It’s no worries bro. I still love you and I love our pm.

It’s institute loathing. Trust me, self wanted Prime! Self didn’t want a coach that had an interim 4-4 season whose own unit had underperformed since his he stepped foot in the door. Self wanted a guy that went undefeated in the regular season last year. Here’s a thought exercise: if it wasn’t Deion Sanders, and a it’s a 50 year old white guy and he’s getting the same hype/has the same pedigree, we would have figured out the financials and hired him in a second. Tell me I’m wrong…

Edit: grammar meets makers

ROFL TCU is now a “perennial“ good team? Here is TCU since the high of 2015:

2016: 5-7
2017: 11-3
2018: 7-6
2019: 5-7
2020: 6-4
2021: 5-7
2022: 13-2
There was a reason why they had to finally move on from TCU legend Gary Patterson. The program significantly regressed overall since joining the B12. Dykes did a remarkable job last year, but we’ll see if he can sustain success. The defense last year was a liability, today proved no different.

ROFL TCU is now a “perennial“ good team? Here is TCU since the high of 2015:

2016: 5-7
2017: 11-3
2018: 7-6
2019: 5-7
2020: 6-4
2021: 5-7
2022: 13-2
There was a reason why they had to finally move on from TCU legend Gary Patterson. The program significantly regressed overall since joining the B12. Dykes did a remarkable job last year, but we’ll see if he can sustain success. The defense last year was a liability, today proved no different.

Ok, so I was wrong about perennial. Years blend in when you get older. You know what makes it not blend in? Sucking. And I saw a 2022 one win team beat a 2022 CFP winner. Say what you want, Ma Tech would’ve been better served, right F’n now - with Deion at the helm, and we could’ve made it happen, we would’ve killed it!!! Deion, Atlanta…. But like we always do, we take opportunity, take out the risk, and there’s no reward to be found… this isn’t an equation, it’s an investment. GROW BALLS

Ok, so I was wrong about perennial. Years blend in when you get older. You know what makes it not blend in? Sucking. And I saw a 2022 one win team beat a 2022 CFP winner. Say what you want, Ma Tech would’ve been better served, right F’n now - with Deion at the helm, and we could’ve made it happen, we would’ve killed it!!! Deion, Atlanta…. But like we always do, we take opportunity, take out the risk, and there’s no reward to be found… this isn’t an equation, it’s an investment. GROW BALLS
So what kind of quote are you going to have for us after Oregon and USC boat race Colorado?

Sanders was never a possibility budget wise for us. No point discussing his theoretical tenure here.

I agree there is no point in discussing the theory. However, I have seen the athletic department piss away unfathomable amounts of money on terrible decisions and know we could have come up with the cheddar if we wanted to.

Now, even though I was a prime supporter, I am still not sold that this is their season. Stellar start though.

I was a doubter so I’ll eat crow. It was impressive to put a good team on the field no matter what happens the rest of the season. As long as they are reasonably competitive the rest of the year then it is a success and he should be judged by how they do over a few years.

I agree there is no point in discussing the theory. However, I have seen the athletic department piss away unfathomable amounts of money on terrible decisions and know we could have come up with the cheddar if we wanted to.

Now, even though I was a prime supporter, I am still not sold that this is their season. Stellar start though.
Beating a mediocre TCU team by 3 is not a stellar start. It is a good win, but give it a rest.

Back