Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

I was a doubter so I’ll eat crow. It was impressive to put a good team on the field no matter what happens the rest of the season. As long as they are reasonably competitive the rest of the year then it is a success and he should be judged by how they do over a few years.
A 3 point win in game 1 is an eat crow game? TCU gave up a öööö ton of points in 2022

Ok, so I was wrong about perennial. Years blend in when you get older. You know what makes it not blend in? Sucking. And I saw a 2022 one win team beat a 2022 CFP winner. Say what you want, Ma Tech would’ve been better served, right F’n now - with Deion at the helm, and we could’ve made it happen, we would’ve killed it!!! Deion, Atlanta…. But like we always do, we take opportunity, take out the risk, and there’s no reward to be found… this isn’t an equation, it’s an investment. GROW BALLS
I get it my man. And I was one hoping for Deion as well this time last year. Problem is, he would have been a possible short term solution to the overall problem. The school would not have gone all in like Colorado has, letting in 70+ transfers flipping the roster. Add in GT is broke and wasn’t going to spend the $$$.

Funny thing is, Brent Key himself dismissed the calculus requirement myth most GT fans use as a crutch for the lack of success in football and hoops. From an ESPN article this week.

”People say, '[The] school is hard, you have to take calculus.' Look, I graduated but I never took one calc class in my life. So I'm like, what are you talking about? I didn't take calculus.

"Now, I failed the hell out of chemistry.”

Beating a mediocre TCU team by 3 is not a stellar start. It is a good win, but give it a rest.

You're getting too biased here. This was a 1-11 team last year and if you throw out a 6 game covid 2020 they have only been .500 1 season in eighteen years.

Coming out and winning on the road at TCU in week 1 with a completely rebuilt team is excellent and it is exactly what we wish we could be doing the last 3 seasons.

You don't have to be a fanboy but don't be obtuse.

You're getting too biased here. This was a 1-11 team last year and if you throw out a 6 game covid 2020 they have only been .500 1 season in eighteen years.

Coming out and winning on the road at TCU in week 1 with a completely rebuilt team is excellent and it is exactly what we wish we could be doing the last 3 seasons.

Great. And you’re also dismissing 70+ new players on Colorado via the transfer portal. 2 years ago this wasn’t close to an option. No coach could quickly flip the roster. Much easier for 98% of schools to flip a roster now vs 2 years ago.

So I’ll ask, would GT have allowed 70+ transfers in like Colorado did? One of the 70 being former GT DL Jordan Dominick who went to Ole Miss for 1 year.

Great. And you’re also dismissing 70+ new players on Colorado via the transfer portal. 2 years ago this wasn’t close to an option. No coach could quickly flip the roster. Much easier for 98% of schools to flip a roster now vs 2 years ago.

So I’ll ask, would GT have allowed 70+ transfers in like Colorado did? One of the 70 being former GT DL Jordan Dominick who went to Ole Miss for 1 year.
No. Nor would he have been permitted to process players out like he did at Colorado. Hell, people are butthurt because they have the feels for last year’s backup who did not win the starting qb position.

I get it my man. And I was one hoping for Deion as well this time last year. Problem is, he would have been a possible short term solution to the overall problem. The school would not have gone all in like Colorado has, letting in 70+ transfers flipping the roster. Add in GT is broke and wasn’t going to spend the $$$.

Funny thing is, Brent Key himself dismissed the calculus requirement myth most GT fans use as a crutch for the lack of success in football and hoops. From an ESPN article this week.

”People say, '[The] school is hard, you have to take calculus.' Look, I graduated but I never took one calc class in my life. So I'm like, what are you talking about? I didn't take calculus.

You guys are delusional if you think Tech couldn’t come up with a financial model that has Deion winning/killing it. Colorado - COLORADO - from fired it out. Do you think it was the Colorado boosters?? Hell no, it was risk + venture capitalism.

Ok. You've made your point. It is stellar. Deion has proven he is an upper echelon P5 coach after one game. Never before in history has such a victory been seen in CFB. The coaching trophy should be renamed the "Sanders cup" and given to Deion yearly. Happy now?

Colorado sucked. They can suck without their players who suck.
Looks like they won with players who don’t suck. Of course it could be Deion’s superior coaching helped. Gotta be one or the other or both because Colorado really really sucked until today.

A 3 point win in game 1 is an eat crow game? TCU gave up a öööö ton of points in 2022
I said what I was doing not what you had to do. I thought they would be awful. They weren’t against at least an average power 5 team (I expect better).

You guys are delusional if you think Tech couldn’t come up with a financial model that has Deion winning/killing it. Colorado - COLORADO - from fired it out. Do you think it was the Colorado boosters?? Hell no, it was risk + venture capitalism.
Based on how the HC search panned out + the buyout for the former, it seems like GT wasn’t willing to take the risk / borrow any $$$ to go with the possible short term risk / reward Deion is.

Based on how the HC search panned out + the buyout for the former, it seems like GT wasn’t willing to take the risk / borrow any $$$ to go with the possible short term risk / reward Deion is.
You are saying how it ended up being, I’m saying how it should’ve been.

You are saying how it ended up being, I’m saying how it should’ve been.
That’s fine if you think it’s how it should have been. Unfortunately the new age alums are more focused on Dragoncon compared to GT being relevant in football and hoops.

No, it seems like yet again Tech misses the mark, when everyone else seems to not. Colorado got the message. I have spent more than $60k for tuition, and another $30k in donations on this ööööing school. Make the right choice for head football coach.

Back