Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

Great. And you’re also dismissing 70+ new players on Colorado via the transfer portal. 2 years ago this wasn’t close to an option. No coach could quickly flip the roster. Much easier for 98% of schools to flip a roster now vs 2 years ago.

So I’ll ask, would GT have allowed 70+ transfers in like Colorado did? One of the 70 being former GT DL Jordan Dominick who went to Ole Miss for 1 year.
Yes! Dumbass! Because that’s what Prime does! He obliterated the entire roster! Where have you been?!

Domineck went to Arkansas.

Other Tech connections, along with DC Charles Kelly, is general manager David Kelly, who I believe was an assistant under O'Leary.

I’m just going to say it.

You dumb ass M-Fers. We completely missed our chance. This was it! God laid it up, Deion and the ATL, even the clown foretold it! And our dumbass institution and boosters were idiots once again! Now F_ucking COLORADO once again hoodwinked us! öööö this I’d rather be a Kennesaw fan!

We. R . Stu. -PID

Attachments

• B154131C-E6E1-42EE-BB6E-0C48A1E752CA.png
    B154131C-E6E1-42EE-BB6E-0C48A1E752CA.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 65
Very impressed with his ability to flip a roster in one off-season like that. I was a doubter. He is the first to use the transfer portal like this. Will be interesting to see how well he does & how long he stays.

Great. And you’re also dismissing 70+ new players on Colorado via the transfer portal. 2 years ago this wasn’t close to an option. No coach could quickly flip the roster. Much easier for 98% of schools to flip a roster now vs 2 years ago.

So I’ll ask, would GT have allowed 70+ transfers in like Colorado did? One of the 70 being former GT DL Jordan Dominick who went to Ole Miss for 1 year.

The only issue I continue to see is people who won't let go of the old model. We have already beat this horse in 100 other threads but this is the new era of NIL. If the school can't let go and grasp the idea of mass turnover when necessary, we are screwed.

Some of these kids wanted to be paid so now they need to perform or GTFO. I hate it for the kids who are and will only ever be amateur athletes, but those days are long gone and they don't get any sympathy because they didn't fight against the model. Time for those cajones to hit the floor.

You dumb ass M-Fers. We completely missed our chance. This was it! God laid it up, Deion and the ATL, even the clown foretold it! And our dumbass institution and boosters were idiots once again! Now F_ucking COLORADO once again hoodwinked us! öööö this I’d rather be a Kennesaw fan!

Ok. You said it. Put all that money you've bragged about giving and go be a Kennesaw fan already.

I’d rather you be a Kennesaw fan too. Need a link to their message board?

If they wouldn’t then GT needs to change.

i'm not looking back but I was one who thought Deion and ATL would have been a great marketing combination and was interested in seeing if we could hire him. However, I felt two things really worked against it:

1) We had just been through a debacle with a nothing but marketing coach and the big money guys and the school in general just couldn't stomach another hire debacle based on a marketing theory - hiring Deion had risk and we were not in the mood for a risky pick. Colorado was so down they figured they had nothing to lose, Yes Tech has been down too but really only for 3 years, not 15 years. Also Colorado operates in a much more liberal environment than GT.

2) Deion would have wanted control over the program including actions and players allowed in and I'm not sure our adminstration was willing to give him that - not saying he has brought bad kids to Colorado but am saying he has complete control. He is not dumb though and seems to want kids of decent character but nevertheless he does demand to be in control. He was very vocal on Colordo leaving the Big12 and has created controversy using the portal. He will be a challenge to manage going forward if things do get sideways. If you win, it's easy.

With that said - if you could get over those two things, I believed he could be a success and it's still early but he has brought in some players. His son and Hunter are outstanding players. In finale, I liked the thought of Deion but liked Willy better. However I am proud of Key's initial 2024 class recruiting efforts just a bit disappointed we let a game we should've won slip away. One or two good play calls could have won the first game.

They've got a Pac-12 schedule with a handful of teams in the Top 20 including USC-w. It'll be interesting to see what they can do against better defenses. TCU wasn't known for their D last year.

Back