Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

So? Texas State beat Baylor yesterday. Are you going to declare Texas State's coach the second greatest coach in college football now, behind Deion Sanders, of course? Texas State was +27.5 yesterday going into the game.
Maybe. You are the one hating on everything. I said Deion and Colorado looked good and were impressive yesterday. Everything else you made up.

We all brag about our million dollar alumni with our cherished tech degrees, yet we same folks complain about the budgetary shortcomings due to our too-limited athletic funds. Hmmm.

I disagree. Budget wise needs to open up or just quit fielding a team. Stop wasting our time.
We're one of the most indebted athletic programs in the country. With all due respect, it isn't the GTAA that's being cheap, they're already overextended, it's that there is a lack of money coming in.

We all brag about our million dollar alumni with our cherished tech degrees, yet we same folks complain about the budgetary shortcomings due to our too-limited athletic funds. Hmmm.
A million dollars really isn't a lot of money these days.

We're one of the most indebted athletic programs in the country. With all due respect, it isn't the GTAA that's being cheap, they're already overextended, it's that there is a lack of money coming in.
And when large alumni gifts come in, they are often for non-revenue sports so that someone can get their name on a facility rather than being football gifts.

If we were winning at ugags level there would likely be more money coming in. Problem—-> solution

Maybe. You are the one hating on everything. I said Deion and Colorado looked good and were impressive yesterday. Everything else you made up.
I'm just tired of GT fans going down on Deion like he's the captain of the HS football team and we are the homely girl with a crush. Give it a ööööing rest already with ööööing Deion. He is Colorado's coach. They won a ööööing game by three against a team that gave up points in droves last season. Big ööööing whoop. Stop anointing him as the savoir of GT football who got away.
It is football season and Brent Key is our coach, asshole. Go öööö off.

I'm just tired of GT fans going down on Deion like he's the captain of the HS football team and we are the homely girl with a crush. Give it a ööööing rest already with ööööing Deion. He is Colorado's coach. They won a ööööing game by three against a team that gave up points in droves last season. Big ööööing whoop. Stop anointing him as the savoir of GT football who got away.
It is football season and Brent Key is our coach, asshole. Go öööö off.
Maybe that is your little pecker syndrome kicking in. I’ve only said they did a good job and it was impressive.

Maybe that is your little pecker syndrome kicking in. I’ve only said they did a good job and it was impressive.
No, I'm a GT fan and Brent Key is our head coach. If you're such a Colorado fan, maybe you can head to their next home game, find the hotel the team is staying in, find which room Deion is staying in, go to his room and give him a proper suck off like you are sucking him off in this thread.

No, I'm a GT fan and Brent Key is our head coach. If you're such a Colorado fan, maybe you can head to their next home game, find the hotel the team is staying in, find which room Deion is staying in, go to his room and give him a proper suck off like you are sucking him off in this thread.
You’ve lost already. Quit making yourself look bad.

You’ve lost already. Quit making yourself look bad.
By supporting our team instead of joining in with the fellating of Deion you are engaged in? Hell, you're an adult and make your own decisions. If Colorado is now the team you yank it to, feel free to join their board and y'all can all have a circle jerk over a 3 point victory and imminent championship.

By supporting our team instead of joining in with the fellating of Deion you are engaged in? Hell, you're an adult and make your own decisions. If Colorado is now the team you yank it to, feel free to join their board and y'all can all have a circle jerk over a 3 point victory and imminent championship.
Or I can just stay here arguing with you while you make yourself look like a child.

TCU this year is not even close to the TCU of last year but they could have won this game even with the poor defense they had.
I am happy for Drion & Colorado fans getting the win but I am still taking a wait & see attitude about how good they might be.
One thing that helped was having the stud 3 way player but can he be effective if he does that for an entire season.
I want to see how they perform against a good defensive team as well as against a better offensive team.
I think a team like Louisville would beat Colorado. Here is their remaining schedule
Nebraska
Colorado St
Oregon away
USC
Arizona St away
Stanford
UCLA away
Oregon St
Arizona
Wash. St away
Utah away
That looks like 6 sure losses & tossups for the others.
I may be wrong but looks like 6 wins would be a heckuva job for the coaching staff.

Yes! Dumbass! Because that’s what Prime does! He obliterated the entire roster! Where have you been?!
Way to ignore the question. So I’ll ask again. Would GT have allowed Deion to flip the roster like Colorado did? It’s a pretty obvious answer you’ll again ignore to answer.

The only issue I continue to see is people who won't let go of the old model. We have already beat this horse in 100 other threads but this is the new era of NIL. If the school can't let go and grasp the idea of mass turnover when necessary, we are screwed.

Some of these kids wanted to be paid so now they need to perform or GTFO. I hate it for the kids who are and will only ever be amateur athletes, but those days are long gone and they don't get any sympathy because they didn't fight against the model. Time for those cajones to hit the floor.
That’s not the issue here. I have zero problem with using the Portal to flip the roster. 98% of schools can do this without blinking an eye.

Can GT do it while continually blocking transfers due to academics is the real issue now. Let’s face it, the NCAA is about to become completely powerless and there will no longer be the stupid APR component. When this happens, GT needs to drop the academic standards excuse and start doing things like they were in the 80’s and 90’s.

He wasn’t for Colorado either but they figured it out
Exactly. This season is ALREADY a success for Colorado. Guaranteed they have phones off the hook for tickets and whatever.
Way to ignore the question. So I’ll ask again. Would GT have allowed Deion to flip the roster like Colorado did? It’s a pretty obvious answer you’ll again ignore to answer.
I mean all of it is hypothesis contrary to fact so yes if you set up the argument with a hypothetical based on a hypothetical your argument wins. I think in the situation that GT has allowed Deion to be coach they have allowed Deion to be coach the way he wants/need to be.

If they wouldn’t then GT needs to change.
Again. This is a GT problem at the moment. They are limiting themselves due to academic restrictions tied to stupid APR. Once the NCAA is completely removed from governing CFB, APR will go away.

Question then becomes, can GT be a player in the new NIL arms race? While not at an elite level, they should be able to pool in enough initiatives to go back to a Top 30-40 type program

Back