Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

Well I guess you can just go by last year's stats for everything.
LSU and the mutts will shred Ole Piss. T
You literally (like most of your posts) just contradicted yourself. Lets recap:

1. You think the SEC West sucks minus maybe LSU.
2. Even though the SEC West sucks in your words, you still think Ole Miss loses 3+ games.
3. You then add Alabama and TAMU into the equation. The overall conference is overrated, but Alabama will still win 10 games. TAMU probably 8-9.
4. You avoided what’s going to happen over the next few weeks against Oregon and USC (surprise, surprise).
5. Remind me, how many games combined have Nebraska and Colorado State won? Answer for you….1. Over / under on final win output combined between both teams is 8.

If Ole Miss goes 9-3, that means they beat 1 of Alabama, LSU, TAMU, UGA. Beating any of those teams is still going to be better than anyone Colorado has beaten and will likely beat.

And because I know you don’t pay attention, this same Colorado State team Colorado had to comeback to beat in 2 OT, Washington State just 2 weeks ago was up 36-3, 43-10, etc on as the bench came in to win 50-24 AT Colorado State in the altitude, not in Pullman.
It's not my fault you have difficulty with reading comp. Lemme break this down slower for you:

I don't think 'Bama & A&M are that good.
But will still beat Ole Miss
The SEC East is hot garbage though uga isn't.
Follow along here....similarly, LSU is good but the SEC West as a whole isn't.

Ole Piss isn't a bad team. They're just not as good as you think they are.

And I'm impressed with what Deion has done with a train wreck situation in CO. I know you think our 2 losses are great moral victories but they're just bad losses.

PS: Louisville isn't a great team either. We should've won.
PPS: WE aren't that good so the fact that we should've beat L'ville & only trailed mighty Ole Missby 7 in the 4th isn't saying much about either of those 2 teams, contrary to your worship of them.

I will be honest, and this is just some foresight. I think the only way we will be truly competitive is if they get rid of the academic bars on athletes. Tech can’t get a ton of those top 300 guys if they’re going to force the high academic standards on them.
I went to school when we were still doing look left, look right. There were football players in my class that couldn't spell cat if you spotted them the c & t, but they were generally tall and could look over the shoulder of the guy with all the right answers right in front of them. Sometimes that dude dropped his pencil and it wasn't always easy to pick up. Oh my, the basketball team was worse, made the football guys look like Rhodes scholars. Damn near all the sports players took the dreaded calculus classes up the road.

Time for GT fans to stop acting all high and mighty and start playing to win. Colorado did it, so can GT. They just didn't waste all their energy making excuses, they figured out how to solve their problem and executed.

I see all the commentary about aftermarket tix. Yeah, prices may not be high this year but wait until 2024. $10 extra on a 50k stadium is half a mil a game, 3 mil for a 6 game year plus parking, concessions, merchandising, PSLs & donations, etc. Neon's gonna be netting them an extra $20M/year easy next year. I'd say their investment is paying off handsomely.

Then we have NIL. How much NIL do you think Colorado had with a half empty stadium winning a game a year? Businesses are booming, articles about half a day extra business on football weekends is morphing into this place is packed all day & it's now busy on Fri and Sun. All that $$ is going to flood the coffers drawing higher caliber players and staff.

GT missed the boat, but it's not the last boat that has ever sailed. Time to do a gut checked and start trying to win the game that's currently being played not the one that was being played when Curry or Dodd were around.

It's not my fault you have difficulty with reading comp. Lemme break this down slower for you:

And I'm impressed with what Deion has done with a train wreck situation in CO. I know you think our 2 losses are great moral victories but they're just bad losses.

PPS: WE aren't that good so the fact that we should've beat L'ville & only trailed mighty Ole Missby 7 in the 4th isn't saying much about either of those 2 teams, contrary to your worship of them.
So again. You continually ignore questions and then add BS to the discussion as it relates to GT. There are no such thing as moral victories in sports. So with that said, I predicted a 5-7 season. I predicted losses to UofL, Ole Miss, Clemson, Miami, UNC, Wake, UGA. So maybe next time, you’ll try and get a fact or 2 correct. I’m not someone who only focuses on GT without realizing the rest of the ACC has improved minus UVA, VT, Pitt, BC, while GT is still a work in progress. Other ACC programs have improved through the Portal more than GT has. Duke is an outlier. Elko deserves all the credit in the world for what he’s done in just over 1 year.

Great. Bama, TAMU and Ole Miss aren’t that good. OK. All 3 would still beat Colorado by 17+.

And after 3 weeks WHO have you seen that is?

From my perspective…
UGA is not very good on offense at the skill positions right now. But they don’t play anyone until maybe UF on 10/28. That schedule is a joke.
Michigan hasn’t played anyone.
Ohio State has issues at QB and on defense.
FSU almost blew a 21 point lead to a BAD BC team.
USC is a video game on offense, and look to be improved on defense, but the Trojans won’t really be tested until 10/14 @ ND.
Texas is Texas. They look talented, but we all know an unexpected loss is coming.

The real positive after week 3 is in the final year of the 4 team CFP, everything is wide open. There isn’t the dominant team out there this year.

BTW no one said Louisville is great team. But they are just as good as Colorado at this point. It’s 3 weeks into the season with a new HC and have a shot at going 5-0 heading into the ND game.

So I’ll ask for a 3rd time. What are you going to say when the inevitable starts next Saturday losing to Oregon followed by USC?

Colorado is a 5-7, 6-6 team. Deion deserves all the credit in the world if they get to 6-6. But quit acting like beating Nebraska and Colorado State (who AGAIN Wazzou crushed with ease) are something to write home about.

Ba
So again. You continually ignore questions and then add BS to the discussion as it relates to GT. There are no such thing as moral victories in sports. So with that said, I predicted a 5-7 season. I predicted losses to UofL, Ole Miss, Clemson, Miami, UNC, Wake, UGA. So maybe next time, you’ll try and get a fact or 2 correct. I’m not someone who only focuses on GT without realizing the rest of the ACC has improved minus UVA, VT, Pitt, BC, while GT is still a work in progress.

Great. Bama, TAMU and Ole Miss aren’t that good. OK. All 3 would still beat Colorado by 17+.

And after 3 weeks WHO have you seen that is?

From my perspective…
UGA is not very good on offense at the skill positions right now. But they don’t play anyone until maybe UF on 10/28. That schedule is a joke.
Michigan hasn’t played anyone.
Ohio State has issues at QB and on defense.
FSU almost blew a 21 point lead to a BAD BC team.
USC is a video game on offense, and look to be improved on defense, but the Trojans won’t really be tested until 10/14 @ ND.
Texas is Texas. They look talented, but we all know an unexpected loss is coming.

The real positive after week 3 is this in the final year of the 4 team CFP is wide open. There isn’t the dominant team out there this year.

BTW no one said Louisville is great team. But they are just as good as Colorado at this point. It’s 3 weeks into the season with a new HC and have a shot at going 5-0 heading into the ND game.

So I’ll ask for a 3rd time. What are you going to say when the inevitable starts next Saturday losing to Oregon followed by USC?

Colorado is a 5-7, 6-6 team. Deion deserves all the credit in the world if they get to 6-6. But quit acting like beating Nebraska and Colorado State (who angain Wazzou crushed with ease) are something to write home about.

LMAO, 'Bama couldn't beat USF by 17. They'd be in a nail biter with CO. A&M isn't great either.
I've not crowned CO. I've only tipped the cap at a 1-11 team's turnaround.

IIRC, you're the big UNC fan because of Mr "looks around, decides to bail" Nate McCollum. Go to the tarhole forum & praise him there.

Your SEC stuff above agrees with opinion that the SEC is mostly garbage. Which you originally argued. So thanks, I guess.

Ba

LMAO, 'Bama couldn't beat USF by 17. They'd be in a nail biter with CO. A&M isn't great either.
I've not crowned CO. I've only tipped the cap at a 1-11 team's turnaround.

IIRC, you're the big UNC fan because of Mr "looks around, decides to bail" Nate McCollum. Go to the tarhole forum & praise him there.

Your SEC stuff above agrees with opinion that the SEC is mostly garbage. Which you originally argued. So thanks, I guess.
ROFL I’ve seen it all. Colorado goes to 2OT against Colorado State which means Alabama would be in a nail biter with Colorado. By that logic, you have Colorado beating Ole Miss and TAMU. All 3 teams have played a better opponent over anything Colorado has faced. Holy hell what a reach. Yet you haven’t crowned Colorado yet? Riiiiiiiiight.

So now according to you in just a matter of 3 weeks I’m a Clemson/UGA/Bama/UNC fan. Do you have any others you want to append to this list?

And for the 4th time I’m going to ask. Who out of the following is Colorado going to beat? Considering at the moment the P12 is going out as the best P5 conference in the final year.

9/23 @ Oregon
9/30 USC
10/28 @ UCLA
11/4 Oregon State
11/11 Arizona
11/17 @ Wazzou
11/25 @ Utah

I see 1 possibly 2 wins max from 7.

@ ASU, Stanford are wins.

The mutts would shred almost any CFB team, bar none. That South Carolina game wasn't really that close. UGAg was much more talented, more disciplined, better coached. They would have absolutely destroyed an all star squad of Colorado and Colorado State players. Hell, throw Nebraska's in there too.

UGAg's discipline blocking is something to behold. WR's flattening corners on swing passes. Their TE driving a defender 10 yards out of the way.

Saying UGAg would beat Ole Miss is a "duh" statement. UGAg is a whole level above allmost every other program in CFB.

Alot of you are making pointless comparisons to what team would win where and how x only lost by so much. It's about the W column. If you win 12 straight by 1 point, unless 4 other teams also win 12, I guarantee you are going in the playoffs.

I also always hear conflicting stories about how players are handled by the school. But I also guarantee that regardless of what happens, not all of them are top of their class.

Wake up folks. If GT wants to be competitive on a consistent championship level, we have to disassociate the athletics from the academics. There is no shame in it and it doesn't degrade the degree or the school's prestige either. Otherwise, there isn't any use in arguing whether a spark like Deion would have ignited Atlanta into a blaze of glory.

But for the record on that, he would have, and you are ignorant if you think otherwise.

Alot of you are making pointless comparisons to what team would win where and how x only lost by so much. It's about the W column. If you win 12 straight by 1 point, unless 4 other teams also win 12, I guarantee you are going in the playoffs.

I also always hear conflicting stories about how players are handled by the school. But I also guarantee that regardless of what happens, not all of them are top of their class.

Wake up folks. If GT wants to be competitive on a consistent championship level, we have to disassociate the athletics from the academics. There is no shame in it and it doesn't degrade the degree or the school's prestige either. Otherwise, there isn't any use in arguing whether a spark like Deion would have ignited Atlanta into a blaze of glory.

But for the record on that, he would have, and you are ignorant if you think otherwise.
A college is an academic entity. If you dissociate the athletics from academics, you no longer have a college team. Atlanta already has one pro team and one bush-league pro team. There is no need for another, IMPO.

Only because the SEC West is hot garbage outside of LSU. Ole Miss is like Louisville - getting elevated by our fans into world-beaters when they're actually a team we should've/could've beaten. Ole Miss in the latter category.
Meh. Louisville will win 8 or 9 games as will Ole Miss

I love how guys come in here crowing about how who would beat who.

We don't know yet who's got what. We do know Tech ain't got no D, but that the O look pretty darned good and has improved each week. We don't know what the topside of our O is.

Why don't we wait a week or three to see who's got what before we annoint the new King of College Football.

I went to school when we were still doing look left, look right. There were football players in my class that couldn't spell cat if you spotted them the c & t, but they were generally tall and could look over the shoulder of the guy with all the right answers right in front of them. Sometimes that dude dropped his pencil and it wasn't always easy to pick up. Oh my, the basketball team was worse, made the football guys look like Rhodes scholars. Damn near all the sports players took the dreaded calculus classes up the road.

Time for GT fans to stop acting all high and mighty and start playing to win. Colorado did it, so can GT. They just didn't waste all their energy making excuses, they figured out how to solve their problem and executed.

I see all the commentary about aftermarket tix. Yeah, prices may not be high this year but wait until 2024. $10 extra on a 50k stadium is half a mil a game, 3 mil for a 6 game year plus parking, concessions, merchandising, PSLs & donations, etc. Neon's gonna be netting them an extra $20M/year easy next year. I'd say their investment is paying off handsomely.

Then we have NIL. How much NIL do you think Colorado had with a half empty stadium winning a game a year? Businesses are booming, articles about half a day extra business on football weekends is morphing into this place is packed all day & it's now busy on Fri and Sun. All that $$ is going to flood the coffers drawing higher caliber players and staff.

GT missed the boat, but it's not the last boat that has ever sailed. Time to do a gut checked and start trying to win the game that's currently being played not the one that was being played when Curry or Dodd were around.
Well said. I'm not advocating for Coach Prime over Key but agree with your point on academics. It's simply not a barrier. There is a very wide spread between excelling at GT and just doing enough to get by. We need to stop using the academics barrier as an excuse to field a good team.

ROFL I’ve seen it all. Colorado goes to 2OT against Colorado State which means Alabama would be in a nail biter with Colorado. By that logic, you have Colorado beating Ole Miss and TAMU. All 3 teams have played a better opponent over anything Colorado has faced. Holy hell what a reach. Yet you haven’t crowned Colorado yet? Riiiiiiiiight.

So now according to you in just a matter of 3 weeks I’m a Clemson/UGA/Bama/UNC fan. Do you have any others you want to append to this list?

And for the 4th time I’m going to ask. Who out of the following is Colorado going to beat? Considering at the moment the P12 is going out as the best P5 conference in the final year.

9/23 @ Oregon
9/30 USC
10/28 @ UCLA
11/4 Oregon State
11/11 Arizona
11/17 @ Wazzou
11/25 @ Utah

I see 1 possibly 2 wins max from 7.

@ ASU, Stanford are wins.

You yourself said you're a UNC fan yesterday. your words, not mine. I don't get idolizing players who left GT for other schools but you do you, I guess:

USF blows. 'Bama didn't beat them by 17. I guess you think USF > Colorado too?

'Bama will struggle to beat anyone decent left on their schedule. What are they on - QB #3 now?

You yourself said you're a UNC fan yesterday. your words, not mine. I don't get idolizing players who left GT for other schools but you do you, I guess:

USF blows. 'Bama didn't beat them by 17. I guess you think USF > Colorado too?

'Bama will struggle to beat anyone decent left on their schedule. What are they on - QB #3 now?
The EFF are you talking about?!?! ROFL Go show me one time I said I‘m a UNC fan. That’s the funniest thing of your rants with no substance you’ve ever said.

I said I’m a GT & USC fan when you tried to say I’m a UGA, Bama, Texas, Michigan, <insert program here> that you continue to fabricate in your own mind.

But hey, way to again for the 5th time ignore the question I’ve asked related to your beloved Buffaloes and the upcoming schedule. Lol

Go ahead and doubt Bama. I mean according to you they only have 1 decent team remaining on their schedule in LSU. Ya know since TAMU, Ole Miss, Tennessee: etc would all lose handily to the soon to be National Champions Colorado. So that means Bama finishes 10-2. Pretty good for a team that sucks.

A college is an academic entity. If you dissociate the athletics from academics, you no longer have a college team. Atlanta already has one pro team and one bush-league pro team. There is no need for another, IMPO.

Athens also has a bush league pro team. If you don't want to compete with them then shut down the program.

The EFF are you talking about?!?! ROFL Go show me one time I said I‘m a UNC fan. That’s the funniest thing of your rants with no substance you’ve ever said.

I said I’m a GT & USC fan when you tried to say I’m a UGA, Bama, Texas, Michigan, <insert program here> that you continue to fabricate in your own mind.

But hey, way to again for the 5th time ignore the question I’ve asked related to your beloved Buffaloes and the upcoming schedule. Lol

Go ahead and doubt Bama. I mean according to you they only have 1 decent team remaining on their schedule in LSU. Ya know since TAMU, Ole Miss, Tennessee: etc would all lose handily to the soon to be National Champions Colorado. So that means Bama finishes 10-2. Pretty good for a team that sucks.

When 'Bama loses 3 games, will you still worship them?

Is USF a mighty powerhouse in your book?

'Bama won't finish 10-2 and likely don't beat Ole Piss. Or is a team on its 3rd QB in its first 4 games (not injury-related) just the model of a great team?

Ole Miss > Colorado State
Louisville > Nebraska

Yes, we lost, but Ole Miss would have run roughshod over both those teams last night.

they wouldn't have beaten CO by 25 points nor would CO's defense have quit on 'em in the 4th qtr.

Back