Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

A few BS. The block below the waist by the RB in the 4th seemed a BS call. Did they change it to where a RB can't cut a DT running straight at him? The RB was never outside the tackle box at any point and it was a straight on cut.

check with @coit, he is the chop block rules expert.

Only a team that experts have competing for the SEC title, but if you feel Colorado State is on that level, good for you.

Only because the SEC West is hot garbage outside of LSU. Ole Miss is like Louisville - getting elevated by our fans into world-beaters when they're actually a team we should've/could've beaten. Ole Miss in the latter category.

You may be right but you’re more likely wrong. This is the equivalent hypothetical as me saying “Colorado would have lost to Ole Miss and probably would have blown a lead against Louisville too”

We don't finish games. Colorado did when they needed to. That's where my opinion came from. Colorado's defense didn't quit down 10 in the 4th. Ours did.

I don't think there's hate going on. I think folks here are pushing back on what the media does - rush to hype - and how certain one's on this board are using that premature hype now to bash our coach. Meanwhile, our coach has clearly improved our team and is right on track with where any serious person would have pegged us at this point.
Well most publications and football sites did pick Tech to finish at or near the bottom of the ACC. So far we are on the that track. I didn't agree seeing that Tech went .500 after Key took over. But after watching this defense against P5 teams I think I understand why.

I see you're prepping your excuse for next week's loss.

Colorado State handed that game to Colorado. 7 personal fouls. 17 penalties for 182 yards. One of the 4th quarter PF penalties was absolute bullshit on a cut block by a RB on a DT that looked entirely legal, unless the rule has changed. RB facing the DT in protection. Maybe the rule is now a 185 lb RB isn't allowed to interfere with a 330 lb DT on his way to the QB. I thought the PF in OT was bullshit on CSU's best DT, but the days of big boy football are in the past.

CSU put on a clinic on Colorado's last drive in regulation of how to NOT win a ballgame. I understand the defense of you're up 10 or 13, but one score and you cease all QB pressure and allow a QB to stand in the pocket while you rush 3 or 4? It reminded me of the old NFL prevent defense the Falcon's would play that prevented them from winning. Give up big chunks, try to keep them in front of you, what could go wrong?
I don't have an excuse. I don't really care if they lose. I'm being entertained by all the people here getting all worked up over this. Also it sounds like you are talking about a typical Tech blow the lead loss.

Well most publications and football sites did pick Tech to finish at or near the bottom of the ACC. So far we are on the that track. I didn't agree seeing that Tech went .500 after Key took over. But after watching this defense against P5 teams I think I understand why.
Sometimes the reality of a situation is a leading notion and sometimes it is a trailing notion. I don't think that many of us fully grasped the depletion of talent we saw on D after last season. I didn't. Now that I've considered it, I think 6-6 will be a good season for us.

Sometimes the reality of a situation is a leading notion and sometimes it is a trailing notion. I don't think that many of us fully grasped the depletion of talent we saw on D after last season. I didn't. Now that I've considered it, I think 6-6 will be a good season for us.

6 wins will be tough now. UVA, Syracuse and Bowling Green gets us to 4. After watching BC yesterday, that game's a tossup as is Wake. Winning those is the best chance at 6 wins. Ranked UNC, Miami, Clemson and mutts don't look winnable after watching our D play in the 2nd half of our first 2 losses.

The Buffs were playing Colorado State at home and squeaked by in 2 OT. We were playing Ole Miss away and had it a 1-score game in the mid 4th. Context matters. What you or I think doesn't. Time will tell.
Sure but the undeniable fact is that Deion has vaulted Colorado to national relevance, has everybody talking about them, celebrities attending games, etc, etc.

Only because the SEC West is hot garbage outside of LSU. Ole Miss is like Louisville - getting elevated by our fans into world-beaters when they're actually a team we should've/could've beaten. Ole Miss in the latter category.
Yeah and what exactly is Nebraska or Colorado State again? You’re clueless. Ole Miss has the #1 QB and O in the SEC. That team is loaded on offense. That won’t change as they start SEC play. Colorado State is battling Nevada for the cellar in the MW. Nebraska is a 4 win team. TCU is closer to an 8-4 team at best. You’re over here making Colorado beating Nebraska and Colorado State like they just beat Michigan and Ohio State.

I’m willing to bet when Oregon wins by 21-35 next week, you’ll make excuses for Colorado’s injuries and lack of depth.

Sure but the undeniable fact is that Deion has vaulted Colorado to national relevance, has everybody talking about them, celebrities attending games, etc, etc.
Yeah, there were stories everywhere about Collins having us being a sleeping giant the year he was hired.

Yeah and what exactly is Nebraska or Colorado State again? You’re clueless. Ole Miss has the #1 QB and O in the SEC. That team is loaded on offense. That won’t change as they start SEC play. Colorado State is battling Nevada for the cellar in the MW. Nebraska is a 4 win team. TCU is closer to an 8-4 team at best. You’re over here making Colorado beating Nebraska and Colorado State like they just beat Michigan and Ohio State.

I’m willing to bet when Oregon wins by 21-35 next week, you’ll make excuses for Colorado’s injuries and lack of depth.
And I'm willing to bet that mighty Ole Miss loses 3+ games to SEC teams. I'm sure you'll still idolize them though.

You probably still think 'Bama is strong this year. And A&M.

But it's all about Deion. Colorado is 3-0 and squeaked by two middling P5 and G5 programs and one crappy P5 program. We, OTOH, lost a close one to a pretty decent P5 program in Louisville and a top 15 P5 program in Ole Miss. Further, if he's successful at Colorado, where will he be in 3 years? Ask the folks at Jackson State how that worked out for them. Brent Key loves GA Tech and I think he'd think long and hard about leaving were he to build a successful program here.

The most important point, though, is to wait and see that happens. We may end up playing Colorado as some point.

And I'm willing to bet that mighty Ole Miss loses 3+ games to SEC teams. I'm sure you'll still idolize them though.

You probably still think 'Bama is strong this year. And A&M.
You literally (like most of your posts) just contradicted yourself. Lets recap:

1. You think the SEC West sucks minus maybe LSU.
2. Even though the SEC West sucks in your words, you still think Ole Miss loses 3+ games.
3. You then add Alabama and TAMU into the equation. The overall conference is overrated, but Alabama will still win 10 games. TAMU probably 8-9.
4. You avoided what’s going to happen over the next few weeks against Oregon and USC (surprise, surprise).
5. Remind me, how many games combined have Nebraska and Colorado State won? Answer for you….1. Over / under on final win output combined between both teams is 8.

If Ole Miss goes 9-3, that means they beat 1 of Alabama, LSU, TAMU, UGA. Beating any of those teams is still going to be better than anyone Colorado has beaten and will likely beat.

And because I know you don’t pay attention, this same Colorado State team Colorado had to comeback to beat in 2 OT, Washington State just 2 weeks ago was up 36-3, 43-10, etc on as the bench came in to win 50-24 AT Colorado State in the altitude, not in Pullman.

So much retardation in this thread.

So talking about Deion's success is somehow equivalent to ööööting on our current coach, then you all go on some weird correlation trying to compare CU's opponents to Ga Tech's. Somehow in your warped minds we almost beat Louisville and Ole Miss but CU is just lucky they are not 1-2.

Let people enjoy the Deion show. It's more exciting than watching our defense.

Back