Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

You truly are clueless. The only rankings that matter are the CFP Top 4. Quality losses are to teams ranked, not UR. So as teams win and lose each week, and the rankings move, the SOS adjusts.

Teams with 3-5 losses who were originally ranked in the preseason Top 20 are irrelevant at this point. They count for absolutely NOTHING in the CFP. So when Texas beats your beloved TCU frogs tonight, it won’t really do much for their resume.

You do understand the AP and Coaches Polls don’t count for anything, right? So your beloved powerhouse preseason Top 20 TCU team is showing how overrated they were. Same applies to my USC Trojans who have a defense that rivals one of the worst in CFB. Likely lose their 4th game tonight after starting in the fake Top 10.

You’re arguing continuously about freaking Colorado’s losses. You love those moral victories for your hero Deion and his greatest 4 win team in history to date. Have your sunglasses arrived yet? Did Shadeur sign them for you?

Even if UNC finishes UR in 3 weeks, GT will still have wins over at least 1 team with a winning record in UNC. Miami may finish with 7-8 wins. Colorado’s hopes and prayers of one decent win are if freaking Nebraska can get to 6-6.

Next year when the CFP expands to 12, then a team with 2, potentially 3 losses may get in. Especially since they are modifying the bid structure with the end of the P12.

I know exactly how the playoff committee works.

You're arguing that Colorado is terrible and Deion hasn't delivered, it's completely baseless. They are coming off a 1-11 season, then winning 4x as much, and every loss being 1 score except to Oregon, regardless of being ranked or unranked. At the end of the day that is an amazing turnaround in just 11 months using the portal in a new way for the first time ever. They will continue to get better, some of those 1 score games will start to go their way. Nobody is slobbering on the TCU win, but coming out of the gate in week 1 it paved the way to being better than last year.

On top of all that, or even if it doesn't happen, the program will be flush with $ leaving them in a great spot. Deion is a game changer, you don't have to like it but it's already occurred. At worst you're hoping for complete failure, which already hasn't happened. At best, you're just guzzling that haterade too hard without reason.

I wish that despite our record, we were flush with cash, but instead we have parents concerned that nobody will show for the Syracuse game next week, meanwhile CU is sold out every week for the next 2 years.

You're arguing that Colorado is terrible and Deion hasn't delivered, it's completely baseless. They are coming off a 1-11 season, then winning 4x as much, and every loss being 1 score except to Oregon, regardless of being ranked or unranked. At the end of the day that is an amazing turnaround in just 11 months using the portal in a new way for the first time ever. They will continue to get better, some of those 1 score games will start to go their way. Nobody is slobbering on the TCU win, but coming out of the gate in week 1 it paved the way to being better than last year.

On top of all that, or even if it doesn't happen, the program will be flush with $ leaving them in a great spot. Deion is a game changer, you don't have to like it but it's already occurred. At worst you're hoping for complete failure, which already hasn't happened. At best, you're just guzzling that haterade too hard without reason.

I wish that despite our record, we were flush with cash, but instead we have parents concerned that nobody will show for the Syracuse game next week, meanwhile CU is sold out every week for the next 2 years.
I hope CU feels miserably but I wouldn't say they have yet.. they at least have money now

Excellent math. They have won 4X as many games as last season. Well guess what? They won 4 games the season before that. I didn't see you on here knob slobbering Colorado for 4 wins in 2021.

When the Sanders' boys eligibility is up, Deion is off to either announce or to coach in the NFL where he can draft his sons and start them. The best outcome for Colorado is he quits rather than daring them to fire him and pay his 75% remaining buyout.

Listen, we can all agree the financial impact Colorado is receiving from Deion. It’s been great for the school. This includes sold out games for at least 2 years like you said. I have said numerous times in this thread, last year at this time I was 100% on board with the hire of Deion. For whatever rumored reason you or I want to believe, he was never an option for GT.

Let’s take a look at some things that aren’t going so well in Boulder right now.

1. The recruiting impact most experts expected hasn’t happened. Colorado has 10 commits right now. Mike Farrell has mentioned this on XM Radio’s “Full Ride” numerous times lately. Is it going better than usual for Colorado? Sure. But it’s not even close to a Top 25 class right now that most recruiting experts expected was a foregone conclusion, and isn’t trending towards being one either. We’ll see how Colorado closes in December and February. There is a lot of negativity in the HS coach ranks from what he did when he arrived in Boulder.

2. Thinking that Colorado will be able to instantly flip the roster again this year from the Portal with even better players is yet to be determined. How is it going to look to tell a kid he cherry picked from the Portal last year to move on after the end of this season? The negativity will continue to grow if this happens.

Add in the obvious competition from tOSU, Bama, Texas, USC, FSU, etc. All those schools have a much larger NIL collective to offer the so called 4-5* impact transfers. In the end, most 4-5* transfers are chasing not only the largest NIL opportunity, but a chance to win a MNC. Will they get that at Colorado even in an expanded CFP? More than likely not.

USC, UCLA will both be UR today. They now play red hot Arizona who will wipe the floor with Colorado next week.

The fact that you’re defending Deion blindly with every decision he makes shows how clueless you are. Demoting OC Sean Lewis who was the only bright spot based on the yards & points being put up is doing nothing but putting his son and not the team first. It would be much different if the team was averaging 10 ppg. Yet despite the defense being USC, LSU, UF bad, Charles Kelly remains the DC.

Wrong. Arizona needed a time-expiring FG to beat Colorado. Hardly “wiping the floor” with them.

The fact that you’re constantly attacking Deion blindly with every decision he makes shows how clueless you are.

Wrong. Arizona needed a time-expiring FG to beat Colorado. Hardly “wiping the floor” with them.

The fact that you’re constantly attacking Deion blindly with every decision he makes shows how clueless you are.
Remind me, did they win? Has he come out with his reasoning for demoting OC Sean Lewis yet? That O production has really been off the charts since that move let me tell you.

Lastly show the “constantly attacking” anyone as you claim. Nice try. If you would actually read above you’ll see what I’ve posted 100x before regarding Prime and the GT job last year.

Was Colorado a better program than GT 8 months ago? No.
Is Colorado a better program than GT now? Absolutely. Not even close.

The reason: Coach Prime. Simple as that.
One is 5-5, the other 4-6. Results on the field says GT is the better program at the moment. Financially without question it’s Colorado.

Excellent math. They have won 4X as many games as last season. Well guess what? They won 4 games the season before that. I didn't see you on here knob slobbering Colorado for 4 wins in 2021.

Should I have been?

2018: 5-7
2019: 5-7
2020: 4-2
2021: 4-8
2022: 1-11

Don't see any improvement there. Probably the same reason I wasn't on the clown's knob.....ever. If CU goes to trash for the next 2 seasons and Deion destroys the program, I already said I would be here eating my crow, but he hasn't been anywhere near that and I don't think he will be.

Listen, we can all agree the financial impact Colorado is receiving from Deion. It’s been great for the school. This includes sold out games for at least 2 years like you said. I have said numerous times in this thread, last year at this time I was 100% on board with the hire of Deion. For whatever rumored reason you or I want to believe, he was never an option for GT.

Let’s take a look at some things that aren’t going so well in Boulder right now.

1. The recruiting impact most experts expected hasn’t happened. Colorado has 10 commits right now. Mike Farrell has mentioned this on XM Radio’s “Full Ride” numerous times lately. Is it going better than usual for Colorado? Sure. But it’s not even close to a Top 25 class right now that most recruiting experts expected was a foregone conclusion, and isn’t trending towards being one either. We’ll see how Colorado closes in December and February. There is a lot of negativity in the HS coach ranks from what he did when he arrived in Boulder.

2. Thinking that Colorado will be able to instantly flip the roster again this year from the Portal with even better players is yet to be determined. How is it going to look to tell a kid he cherry picked from the Portal last year to move on after the end of this season? The negativity will continue to grow if this happens.

Add in the obvious competition from tOSU, Bama, Texas, USC, FSU, etc. All those schools have a much larger NIL collective to offer the so called 4-5* impact transfers. In the end, most 4-5* transfers are chasing not only the largest NIL opportunity, but a chance to win a MNC. Will they get that at Colorado even in an expanded CFP? More than likely not.

I feel like everyone is underestimating the money aspect. Unless there are drastic rule changes by the NCAA and subsequently the courts, money rules everything in CFB now. Without it you just will not succeed. Sure there may be a feel good story every 20 years of some underfunded school putting together a generational team, but then all those players will be poached off or headed to the next level.

CU has been a dumpster fire but got a free reset with one hire, because of the implementation of NIL and the buzz Sanders creates. If NIL didn't exist, we're not even having this conversation because then it's the old way, let the coach prove himself then headhunt him. CU saw the opportunity and seized it. Sure you can make the money through winning but then we're back to the chicken and the egg.

Tech needs to figure out how to get a reset, and we missed an opportunity, as you said, for whatever reason, it doesn't matter. We have hemorrhaged cash since the paul hewitt disaster contract and have never been able to catch up. CPJ did us a favor but we still managed to turn around and screw ourselves. Without a windfall, we won't ever be back because the factories who are already ahead just keep widening the gap.

If CU starts winning, and can keep personnel in place, they can become a factory in a matter of years under the current ruleset. If they don't start winning, they have the opportunity to use their windfall to right the ship. We don't have either luxury right now. We have to find a way to win without the purse, and that is not going to work long term in this world we live.

I'd don't think anyone's plan for Deion was longer than 3 yrs, it shouldn't have been. What he is suited for & is doing in Boulder is reinvigorating a dead program. Year 3 may not go so well, but 2 years of having cash register flush will pay for whatever they need in year 3 or 4. They will have 2-3 years of season ticket holders ok with giving the next guy a chance, basically 5 virtually guaranteed high revenue years in a row.

We took a different tactic. Ours has better long term prospects, but the troubling issue is we're a dangerously poor program. We could be in the same spot as Colorado Year 3, except we'll be broke and scratching to breach 30k most weekends not named ND, Clemson, mutt, etc. Adding 10% STH's year over year is not easy and we're starting at 25-27k of those. It will be 6 straight years of double digit growth in STHs to get to where many other programs are at.

There was no good answer here, all strategies for us contain massive risk. It's how we ended up with Batt, Key & Stoudamire. 3 guys looking to elevate their careers significantly off what they do on The Flats, otherwise they'd be at Bama or somewhere else working their resumes until a better job came open. They all came cheap because that's who we are & that was our plan.

Deion's doing Deion. Pretty sure he's going to do it his way. Will be interested next year for him no doubt.

Arizona won only 1 game in 2020 & 2021 combined. Won 5 last season. Have won 7 this season. Greater turn around than Deion farting around in Colorado

Should I have been?

2018: 5-7
2019: 5-7
2020: 4-2
2021: 4-8
2022: 1-11

Don't see any improvement there. Probably the same reason I wasn't on the clown's knob.....ever. If CU goes to trash for the next 2 seasons and Deion destroys the program, I already said I would be here eating my crow, but he hasn't been anywhere near that and I don't think he will be.
So Deion is par for the course at Colorado? Incredible!

I will repeat, Deion has done much better at Colorado this year than I expected. Besting a 1 win season from last year is not a metric worth mentioning. The biggest contribution he has made is putting Colorado football in the minds of people, resuscitating their fan base, injecting money into the athletic program and making the team competitive regardless the record. On that measurement, he has succeeded.

I mean, just look at this thread. Deion is a hot topic.

The most difficult part is turning that into something meaningful and sustainable going forward. It remains to be seen but early indications are that the shine and splash doesn't have sticking power and his questionable decisions are starting to reveal the real Deion.

I believe it is abundantly apparent to anyone with eyes that his priority has been and will continue to be promoting his own personal brand and getting his sons into the NFL. This was always my problem with him. He's 100% self serving. It's all about Deion.

We'll see how it develops and I'm sure we'll all be talking about it.

That said, I really don't know why anyone thinks that Georgia Tech was ever a serious consideration from either standpoint of Deion or Tech. It was never an option. It would be interesting to know what the academic character is of the players he has brought in and what they are "studying" at Colorado. I would expect that you will find it looks a lot more like the "academics" at most football factories. I doubt there is a single engineering student on the Colorado football team.

I realize sports has become a major unto itself. You can make good money and a good career in the "sports" industry. I don't have a problem with that. Seems Tech understands that and has been trying to find ways to fit it in. Even so, Deion would not be and still isn't a fit for Georgia Tech.

If selling out your stadium and being flush with cash is par sign me up
For now, of course. You seem to believe folks are gonna continue to open their wallets to him when he continues to be mediocre. They are going to a ööööty league as the big dogs abandoned ship to the BIG10 and they won't even have Cal and Stanford any longer. Let me guess, yay TCU!

I will repeat, Deion has done much better at Colorado this year than I expected. Besting a 1 win season from last year is not a metric worth mentioning. The biggest contribution he has made is putting Colorado football in the minds of people, resuscitating their fan base, injecting money into the athletic program and making the team competitive regardless the record. On that measurement, he has succeeded.

I mean, just look at this thread. Deion is a hot topic.

The most difficult part is turning that into something meaningful and sustainable going forward. It remains to be seen but early indications are that the shine and splash doesn't have sticking power and his questionable decisions are starting to reveal the real Deion.

I believe it is abundantly apparent to anyone with eyes that his priority has been and will continue to be promoting his own personal brand and getting his sons into the NFL. This was always my problem with him. He's 100% self serving. It's all about Deion.

We'll see how it develops and I'm sure we'll all be talking about it.

That said, I really don't know why anyone thinks that Georgia Tech was ever a serious consideration from either standpoint of Deion or Tech. It was never an option. It would be interesting to know what the academic character is of the players he has brought in and what they are "studying" at Colorado. I would expect that you will find it looks a lot more like the "academics" at most football factories. I doubt there is a single engineering student on the Colorado football team.

I realize sports has become a major unto itself. You can make good money and a good career in the "sports" industry. I don't have a problem with that. Seems Tech understands that and has been trying to find ways to fit it in. Even so, Deion would not be and still isn't a fit for Georgia Tech.

Than you expected? You were expecting 4-5 wins or less? Rah rah!

Than you expected? You were expecting 4-5 wins or less? Rah rah!
No. I was expecting it to be an unmitigated disaster.

It yet may still be, but 4-5 wins is much better than I thought they could do given a nearly 100% roster turnover and short window for getting them ready with a new coaching staff. I still think the disaster is coming but they outperformed how I thought it would go early on. They've been mostly competitive which is better than I thought they would do.

Effectively firing your O-coordinator mid-season, the best coach on the team, is the kind of thing I expected from Deion. It appears things are beginning to trend in the direction I expected.

Back