Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

Effectively firing your O-coordinator mid-season, the best coach on the team, is the kind of thing I expected from Deion. It appears things are beginning to trend in the direction I expected.
I have no idea who their OC is or was but the new guy put up more points in regulation as any of Arizona’s opponents except for #5 Washington who they tied at 31. Not too shabby.

I think it’s safe to say GT lucked out

That's it.

Now the recruits are seeing it. This is the kind of thing that leads to an avalanche. Doubt in the cult leader and everyone starts to bail.

Wonder where that 63rd rated class will fall to after losing this kid.

That's it.

Now the recruits are seeing it. This is the kind of thing that leads to an avalanche. Doubt in the cult leader and everyone starts to bail.

Wonder where that 63rd rated class will fall to after losing this kid.
Deion is in a precarious position. He needs to win his last 2 games to get to bowl eligible, which is doable. He needs to go to a bowl game to try and keep the momentum positive so he can pull in some recruits and transfers. He can't run off the roster again and flip it because some/most of those players already used their transfer; so he needs to build through recruiting now. If rumors are true that high school coaches have turned against him, which they should have after his dumping the previous roster, this could become a dumpster fire if the season ends on a losing steak.

Deion is in a precarious position. He needs to win his last 2 games to get to bowl eligible, which is doable. He needs to go to a bowl game to try and keep the momentum positive so he can pull in some recruits and transfers. He can't run off the roster again and flip it because some/most of those players already used their transfer; so he needs to build through recruiting now. If rumors are true that high school coaches have turned against him, which they should have after his dumping the previous roster, this could become a dumpster fire if the season ends on a losing steak.

This could happen but I think this is a more likely scenario if next year goes similar to this one. Legit or not there is enough hype speak / finger pointing available in the bank to carry over into next year without the program becoming sponsored by Stockton Rush, next year though the carbon hull will be that much weaker (or they figure out how to improve, then this pushes until his kid isn't there anymore). Regardless, Deion isn't going to coach for decades and finish his career here. Colorado will probably be better off than when he got there (how could they not), but I will be real surprised if this turns into a path to glory. At the end of the day it is still Colorado.

Knob slobberers have to slobber harder after yet another loss.

It’s getting hilarious.

Back