Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

I would effing love to go to the B1G with FSU, Clemson, the Cali schools, and 1 other regional rival. Heck I’d accept PITT if it meant we kept playing Clemson and FSU on a regular basis. Or VPI and UVA.
I can certainly see the B1G now coming for Clemson, GT (have to continue to show improvement in both major sports) Miami, NCSU and VT to go along with FSU. This would provide the B1G with the Southern footprint, along with access to NC, VA.

I truly don’t understand the “rumor” that the sec is focused on UNC, UVA. I get UNC, but UVA football has fallen to Indiana levels.

Look at Michigan’s schedule. It sucks. I can’t imagine having that schedule at GT. There is a huge drop-off after Ohio State, Michigan, Penn St (and now, USC and Oregon).

I appreciate that it’s pretty junky to see Syracuse and Boston College on the schedule, but joining the Big 10 isn’t going to help us see more compelling football games. It’s just going to allow the school to get more money. That’s the only reason to do it, and sadly, it needs to be done if the opportunity arises

Look at Michigan’s schedule. It sucks. I can’t imagine having that schedule at GT. There is a huge drop-off after Ohio State, Michigan, Penn St (and now, USC and Oregon).

I appreciate that it’s pretty junky to see Syracuse and Boston College on the schedule, but joining the Big 10 isn’t going to help us see more compelling football games. It’s just going to allow the school to get more money. That’s the only reason to do it, and sadly, it needs to be done if the opportunity arises
It depends on how the B1G expands. If the B1G added GT, FSU, UNC, UVA. Clemson, and Miami, then formed a South Division where we play the other 5 every season (plus 3 others), that would be a great outcome.

Let’s not be dramatic. There are 3 tiers of FBS as defined by conference payout:

Tier 1: SEC/B1G. $70+m
Tier 2: ACC/XII. $40+m
Tier 3: G5: <$5m

We could do considerably worse than the ACC.
And this is every bit on ESPN, CBS, NBC, and Fox.

Fwiw You left out Washington to go along with Michigan, tOSU, PSU, Oregon, USC. ;) UCLA is a solid addition as well.

Joining the B1G would be BIG for GT (no pun intended) because it would be with a combo of Clemson, FSU, Miami, etc. That “super league” would allow GT to recruit at a higher level. And the $$$ of course.

Let’s not be dramatic. There are 3 tiers of FBS as defined by conference payout:

Tier 1: SEC/B1G. $70+m
Tier 2: ACC/XII. $40+m
Tier 3: G5: <$5m

We could do considerably worse than the ACC.
So if there are 3 tiers in major college football, and we are not in the top and not in the bottom, then what would you call our category? Maybe a middle major? Or mid-major for short?

We are no longer power 5, I know that. It’s power 2. We arent bottom rung either, sure. Didn’t say we were.

Dear God No! We are going to end up in the Big 12 playing Baylor, TCU, Arizona St, Texas Tech and Kansas St. :puke:

Now do football.
IMG_4851.jpeg

The fact that the ACC won 6 of 10 games against the SEC clearly underscores how superior SEC football is - it just means more. Our .600 winning percentage makes it clear why our undefeated champion should be left out in favor of their one loss champion. If we wanted to claim any sort of parity with the SEC, we would need to have gone 10-0 with them.

The fact that the ACC won 6 of 10 games against the SEC clearly underscores how superior SEC football is - it just means more. Our .600 winning percentage makes it clear why our undefeated champion should be left out in favor of their one loss champion. If we wanted to claim any sort of parity with the SEC, we would need to have gone 10-0 with them.
10-0 would just prove how grueling the SEC schedule really is.

Never mind on rivalry Saturday the ACC and SEC were 2-2 and didn't the SEC have a losing overall record to the ACC this year - even with us going 0-2
The SEC had a losing record against almost every major conference. Only the Big Ten OOC record was worse and their undefeated champion made it in no question. The Big Ten’s marquee OOC win is Ohio State last minute drive victory over ND. Meanwhile 2 ACC teams shellacked ND.

What’s going to happen is I’m gonna merge all threads into this one since that’s all everyone’s talking about.

Thank you. Hopefully locking the merged thread and bans for starting new ones on the topic are just around the corner.

Take the check, take the losses

So what is going to happen for really real? And what is taking so long?
my bet is nothing before the bowl games. If FSU loses the Orange Bowl, then nothing will ever happen. If FSU beats uga, then there will be rumblings. Maybe there’s an investigation into ESPN’s influence over the committee, by even if that happens, it will be concluded that since we’re going to 12 teams, it doesn’t really matter.

my bet is nothing before the bowl games. If FSU loses the Orange Bowl, then nothing will ever happen. If FSU beats uga, then there will be rumblings. Maybe there’s an investigation into ESPN’s influence over the committee, by even if that happens, it will be concluded that since we’re going to 12 teams, it doesn’t really matter.

Your last point is really the only one of significance. No matter the outcome, the talking heads will are resort to, “well this is why they’re changing it to the 12 team format!” And nothing will come of this apparent snub and Sec favoritism. Even if it were a 4 team playoff next year, what’s anyone gonna do about it?

Back