Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

If it were only about being butthurt. The committee's decision had a major financial, marketing, and future negotiating impact on a number of entities - schools, conferences, broadcasters, etc. Just look at how the bowl distribution fell and calculate those dollars. It has nothing to do with feelings.
Yeah, it's not talked about as much, but how much extra did the SEC get by this also squeezing a 4th team into the new years 6 bowls?

Yeah, it's not talked about as much, but how much extra did the SEC get by this also squeezing a 4th team into the new years 6 bowls?
$6M for playoff and $4M for NY6

or rather the difference between $6M and the lowest payout Bowl they would’ve sent a team to.

I don't think that's the case at all. I think J had a lot of input here. There were three remaining bowl destinations (Boca, Tampa, Birmingham) and three remaining teams (Syracuse, Duke, GT). Duke had no head coach and wouldn't travel to any of them. Syracuse could take either FL bowl and be happy. Tech has monied alumni in FL and GA. Tampa is a better location for both groups to travel and a better matchup. Key has a history with UCF. As a school, we owe them for a few things football-wise, which makes a better story line.

The alternative was to stay In Birmingham and let Duke and Syracuse swap. That pretty much sucks for everyone. Yay, we're in a bowl. Now, what? Troy? Yay, again. Syracuse doesn't sell out Tampa, and Duke doesn't much care anyway.
i still think better question is why was GT and jbatt left to pick from last three bowl bids for the 4th ranked acc team? not saying i oppose tampa, but shoul've had pick of tulane, smu, WVU...

i still think better question is why was GT and jbatt left to pick from last three bowl bids for the 4th ranked acc team? not saying i oppose tampa, but shoul've had pick of tulane, smu, WVU...
Because the conference hates us since we lose to UGA all the time and make the conference look bad.

This affair likely shows it was stupid (from a legal and PR POV) to have different pay outs based on who made it into the playoff.

They need to think about adjusting that for next year or the law suit angle will continue to be part of the story.

Cause conference standings don't mean öööö anymore. I think only overall record can now.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but CFP Chair Boo Corrigan has a brother, Tim Corrigan, who is Vice President of Production for ESPN.

From former ACC commish Gene Corrigan's wikipedia page:
Corrigan was the father of Boo Corrigan, athletic director at North Carolina State University;[5] Kevin Corrigan, Head Men's Lacrosse Coach at the University of Notre Dame; and Tim Corrigan, ESPN's Senior Coordinating Producer for the NBA on ESPN. Women's Basketball Hall of Fame coach Debbie Ryan was his niece.

Tim has apparently been promoted from NBA Producer to Vice President of Production since that wikipedia entry was made (could be a couple years old, the ESPN bio is dated 2023).

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but CFP Chair Boo Corrigan has a brother, Tim Corrigan, who is Vice President of Production for ESPN.

From former ACC commish Gene Corrigan's wikipedia page:

Tim has apparently been promoted from NBA Producer to Vice President of Production since that wikipedia entry was made (could be a couple years old, the ESPN bio is dated 2023).
follow the money. has never failed to explain any situation in our society.

Your last point is really the only one of significance. No matter the outcome, the talking heads will are resort to, “well this is why they’re changing it to the 12 team format!” And nothing will come of this apparent snub and Sec favoritism. Even if it were a 4 team playoff next year, what’s anyone gonna do about it?
Interesting to note that ACC Commieczar Phillips voted against the 12 team playoff. So he screwed his own conference (not the first time).

this is what i said would happen though i assumed it would be the US senators from FL who would initiate the investigation.

Interesting to note that ACC Commieczar Phillips voted against the 12 team playoff. So he screwed his own conference (not the first time).
Starting to think he came to the ACC from the B1G as an operative. I thought that long before the F$U shaft.
Can any of you hacking gurus pull down the text messages of the committee for the 48 hours following the F$U win over L’ville?

Oh, and while your in there, go ahead and pull their wagers on the ACC title game. Send all to me and I’ll run the numbers and package it up for release.

Good point by Krzyzewski:

“The committee got it wrong,” Coach K said. “What they did to Florida State was wrong. I can’t believe the coaches in that room let this happen.”

"I hear a lot of people who don't coach talk," Krzyzewski said. "The backup was good, and he'll be back in time when they finally play it. The other thing about that, Danny, that I've found is a lot of times teams can get better when they lose (a player). They don't score as much, but people ante up. The resiliency of a team is shown, and I thought once their quarterback got hurt, Florida State showed even a higher level of toughness. They weren't going to score 36 points or 40 but they weren't going to let anybody score."

"Whatever they did on defense and special teams, that wasn't recognized, I don't think, and it was a different way of being a champion," Coach K told Kanell. "I think it was a bunch of bull crap to say, 'well, they were a different team' Well, its not bull crap, they were a different team, but that this team was not as good as they were with the quarterback because maybe the defense didn't have to be as good and they've risen to another level."

Good. The committee chair says it all in terms of how idiotic they are:

“This sure seems to be an overly aggressive reaction to a college football ranking in which some fans somewhere were bound to be disappointed.”

They really thought people would just cry for a bit and then accept that Alabama was the better more deserving team. They really think that’s the only impact as well, “It’s just a ranking, man. Do we really need all this investigation? We are just a couple bros ranking teams.” I really hope there is some evidence of serious wrongdoing. That would just make me so happy.
The Alabama fans I know flat out accept it was the right position because “SEC.” Most people I know have moved on after a casual “yeah, FSU got hosed.” It’s really only FSU and other ACC fans who are making a big deal.

Wrongdoing will be very hard to prove because ultimately it’s a subjective call who makes the playoff. I doubt you’ll find a text message from the president of ESPN to the chairman of the CFP laying out exactly who to pick based on forecasted revenue of each matchup. I’m sure you’ll find a bunch of circumstantial stuff but no smoking gun.

The best thing FSU can do at this point is D up and hold UGA to 14-17 points, and win the game of course. If nothing else, winning will make the committee, the ESECpn apologists, all look like idiots. There is nothing else to be gained at this point since they’ve already been irreversibly screwed over.

Back