Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

The best thing FSU can do at this point is D up and hold UGA to 14-17 points, and win the game of course. If nothing else, winning will make the committee, the ESECpn apologists, all look like idiots. There is nothing else to be gained at this point since they’ve already been irreversibly screwed over.
No. You piss more people off by delegitimizing the championship for whoever wins it. What FSU does in a worthless orange bowl means nothing because the committee took away their fire to compete (since games mean nothing now anyways).

Good point by Krzyzewski:

“The committee got it wrong,” Coach K said. “What they did to Florida State was wrong. I can’t believe the coaches in that room let this happen.”

"I hear a lot of people who don't coach talk," Krzyzewski said. "The backup was good, and he'll be back in time when they finally play it. The other thing about that, Danny, that I've found is a lot of times teams can get better when they lose (a player). They don't score as much, but people ante up. The resiliency of a team is shown, and I thought once their quarterback got hurt, Florida State showed even a higher level of toughness. They weren't going to score 36 points or 40 but they weren't going to let anybody score."

"Whatever they did on defense and special teams, that wasn't recognized, I don't think, and it was a different way of being a champion," Coach K told Kanell. "I think it was a bunch of bull crap to say, 'well, they were a different team' Well, its not bull crap, they were a different team, but that this team was not as good as they were with the quarterback because maybe the defense didn't have to be as good and they've risen to another level."
I'm trying to imagine Coach K watching college football and having an opinion on it and it's breaking my brain.

The best thing FSU can do at this point is D up and hold UGA to 14-17 points, and win the game of course. If nothing else, winning will make the committee, the ESECpn apologists, all look like idiots. There is nothing else to be gained at this point since they’ve already been irreversibly screwed over.
The best scenario is wins by FSU, Michigan and Washington. FSU needs to beat the cesspool much more decisively than Bama did.

I'm curious what's going to happen with this subpoena. You can't just ignore a subpoena, right? And if they deliberately only partially comply that's obstruction.

Anyway to me the rightness/wrongness of FSU's exclusion doesn't depend on how they do against UGA. It was wrong even if UGA wins 100-0.

IMG_1171.jpeg

The computers were tricked. The main trick game is Mississippi State over Arizona. It makes the worst SEC team look like it’s better than one of the best Pac XII teams. Kentucky over Louisville did not help at all either. Some teams get forgiven for losing rivalry games. ACC teams don’t.

Here is the thing the Arizona and Louisville wins are the best OOC wins for the ENTIRE SEC conference all year. The SEC really has no OOC resume to hang its hat on this year.

Alabama's best OOC win is USF and they only beat them 17-3 which is the 2nd fewest points scored against USF all season. Only Charlotte was lower.

FSU beat Louisville with its 3rd string QB on a neutral field. Crushed LSU on a neutral field. Beat Florida with its backup QB on the road.

If FSU beats UGA with their backup QB, they should declare themselves National Champs and hang a banner especially if either of the 1 loss teams end up winning the playoff.

Look here’s the thing, we are going to look up and an 8-4 SEC team will be higher than a 10-2 ACC team. They just gave you the justification they will use going forward. Happens to G5 all the time

Kind of wonder what we will be ranked after administering an F$U beatdown that would make even a hardass Irishman go ‘Aye, twas a whoopin it twas.”

Look here’s the thing, we are going to look up and an 8-4 SEC team will be higher than a 10-2 ACC team. They just gave you the justification they will use going forward. Happens to G5 all the time

An undefeated G5 team with wins over UF and LSU makes the playoffs. That’s the comical part. The ACC is less respected than the G5.

“Knowing how busy you are…”

Well, being a dickhead to a group of people with the power to wreck your little cabal you got cooking is an interesting strategy.

Back