Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

It might be helpful if an investigation reveals monopolistic behavior by ESPN, which results in a breakup. More entities paying for rights is better for the ACC

An investigation by whom?

IMG_4486.gif

Guess that someone who "noticed" Duke and UCF had just played last season failed to notice we did too.
I don't think that's the case at all. I think J had a lot of input here. There were three remaining bowl destinations (Boca, Tampa, Birmingham) and three remaining teams (Syracuse, Duke, GT). Duke had no head coach and wouldn't travel to any of them. Syracuse could take either FL bowl and be happy. Tech has monied alumni in FL and GA. Tampa is a better location for both groups to travel and a better matchup. Key has a history with UCF. As a school, we owe them for a few things football-wise, which makes a better story line.

The alternative was to stay In Birmingham and let Duke and Syracuse swap. That pretty much sucks for everyone. Yay, we're in a bowl. Now, what? Troy? Yay, again. Syracuse doesn't sell out Tampa, and Duke doesn't much care anyway.

I don't think that's the case at all. I think J had a lot of input here. There were three remaining bowl destinations (Boca, Tampa, Birmingham) and three remaining teams (Syracuse, Duke, GT). Duke had no head coach and wouldn't travel to any of them. Syracuse could take either FL bowl and be happy. Tech has monied alumni in FL and GA. Tampa is a better location for both groups to travel and a better matchup. Key has a history with UCF. As a school, we owe them for a few things football-wise, which makes a better story line.

The alternative was to stay In Birmingham and let Duke and Syracuse swap. That pretty much sucks for everyone. Yay, we're in a bowl. Now, what? Troy? Yay, again. Syracuse doesn't sell out Tampa, and Duke doesn't much care anyway.
I find a rematch to be way more boring. New matchups that haven't been seen in years, if ever, is part of the interest of bowl games. Key had a history with UCF that last two times we played them and it was talking points then too. Not sure what you are referring to on the "we owe them" part.

I find a rematch to be way more boring. New matchups that haven't been seen in years, if ever, is part of the interest of bowl games.
Easy to say if you're going to a bowl every year or sitting at home watching. Otherwise, it's best venue and best opponent for those attending - Troy, USF, Boca Raton, and Birmingham aren't those things.

Key had a history with UCF that last two times we played them and it was talking points then too. Not sure what you are referring to on the "we owe them" part.
Those are two separate things. The owe them part is from the last two beatdowns we received and them crawfishing on a game that would have cost them their fake mythical national championship. It's time to set more things right in the GT football world.

Easy to say if you're going to a bowl every year or sitting at home watching. Otherwise, it's best venue and best opponent for those attending - Troy, USF, Boca Raton, and Birmingham aren't those things.

Those are two separate things. The owe them part is from the last two beatdowns we received and them crawfishing on a game that would have cost them their fake mythical national championship. It's time to set more things right in the GT football world.
I can see the venue part, assuming the greater distance doesn't balance that out against Birmingham. I just don't see what makes 6-6 UCF such a better opponent than 6-6 USF or Sun Belt Champion Troy, in particular for those attending. Maybe the players care about the revenge angle, but for the fans it sounds forced as öööö. No one on here has ever talked about wishing we got to play Northern Illinois or Temple or Kansas again in a bowl game that I can recall. I mean what, do you really hope we can play Ole Miss in a bowl game next year so we can avenge those beatdowns?

I mean what, do you really hope we can play Ole Miss in a bowl game next year so we can avenge those beatdowns?
Seeing as how Ole Miss is currently ranked #11 and likely to be in that range again next year, yes, I'm all over GT meeting them in a bowl game and avenging the öööö out of them.

Good. The committee chair says it all in terms of how idiotic they are:

“This sure seems to be an overly aggressive reaction to a college football ranking in which some fans somewhere were bound to be disappointed.”

They really thought people would just cry for a bit and then accept that Alabama was the better more deserving team. They really think that’s the only impact as well, “It’s just a ranking, man. Do we really need all this investigation? We are just a couple bros ranking teams.” I really hope there is some evidence of serious wrongdoing. That would just make me so happy.

“This sure seems to be an overly aggressive reaction to a college football ranking in which some fans somewhere were bound to be disappointed.”
If that's all it is, why not be an open book and honor the requests? It'd increase public confidence in the Committee. I, for one, would have more trust that it was a selection made in good faith.

I bet though some of them have something to hide. Probably time for some Committee members to "upgrade" their phones.

They really thought people would just cry for a bit and then accept that Alabama was the better more deserving team. They really think that’s the only impact as well, “It’s just a ranking, man. Do we really need all this investigation? We are just a couple bros ranking teams.” I really hope there is some evidence of serious wrongdoing. That would just make me so happy.
If it were only about being butthurt. The committee's decision had a major financial, marketing, and future negotiating impact on a number of entities - schools, conferences, broadcasters, etc. Just look at how the bowl distribution fell and calculate those dollars. It has nothing to do with feelings.

Reminds me of this:

Back