Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

We are going to beat FSU in Ireland. They are a team and program in disarray after the snub. We have a cohesive team with most key players returning.
Interested to see if they pick up a starting quality QB from the portal. If not, our chances of winning that game look even better. We have a reasonable chance to win regardless.

Playing in the OB probably would have been the pinnacle moment in his college career. Now he cowards out, for what? So he can play 12 games at Valdosta state next year?

FSU should formally quit given their entire team has thrown in the towel already.

He has two years of eligibility left, a quarter of his team already quit, and the coaching staff is publicly shopping for a new QB for next year.

I don't blame him for prioritizing his own future in that situation. Everyone else involved clearly already is, like it or not.

Interested to see if they pick up a starting quality QB from the portal. If not, our chances of winning that game look even better. We have a reasonable chance to win regardless.
They are hoping for the Washington State QB. He's good, but I just don't see him as being great.

Even if they get a QB, I still think we win. We have finally gotten that team vs everyone else mindset that we can build on. FSU’s team mentality is in shambles after the snub and rats are jumping from the ship.

We are going to beat FSU in Ireland. They are a team and program in disarray after the snub. We have a cohesive team with most key players returning.
Totally agree with every part of this. But even without the snub, this is a perfect first game of season for us. This is why I, unpopular opinion, have long wished that the uga game was first week of season. I think it’d be a lot easier to catch a team off guard early.

I’m ready to start chanting A-C-C at Aviva stadium after beating the dog öööö out of them. Why isn’t this game tomorrow already??

Wake me up when the Criminoles finally leave the ACC (and become an also ran in either megaconference). It's just a matter of time. But the lawyers need to feast first I guess.

You guys are all acting like FSU staying or leaving the ACC matters at all when it doesn't.

2 years from now we'll have a new professional league that isn't competing with NCAA d1. FSU can identify as ACC and not participate while getting big paychecks from new league and associated deals without losing a dime. ACC and many other conferences will sue the schools, it'll be locked up for years all the while we end up with our split of pro vs amateur college teams and the existing contracts won't matter because all the large fanbase schools will be off in the new division.

And anyone who would rather see the nutlickers win vs any team on any day of any year is an idiot.

Regardless if FSU is able to leave the conference, I hope this case uncovers dirt on the ACC office, SEC office, playoff committee, NCAA, ESPN and any other sons of bitches that have been complicit in rigging the system.

Still kind of scratching my head about where they go from here.

All I know is they better buckle up for this weekend. If they don't look good then it they lose any shot at questioning the committee's judgement which is pivotal to their case that being in the ACC is the problem.

That’ll be a useless game.
In this era non-playoff bowls will quickly evolve in to öööö shows involving whatever players decide they are going to show up. I read one quote that said one of F$U's players had declared for draft but paraphrasing "hadn't decided if they were playing in bowl." If Im the coach .. either make a decision or GTFO.

2023 Orange Bowl: Florida State's roster continues to thin ahead of postseason showdown with Georgia - CBSSports.com

"The No. 5 Seminoles are set to be without at least 15 players on both sides of the ball in Saturday's Orange Bowl showdown against No. 6 Georgia, including seven players who earned All-ACC honors."

"Florida State will be without each of its top three receivers -- Keon Coleman, Johnny Wilson and Jaheim Bell -- all of whom declared for the 2024 NFL Draft and opted out of the Orange Bowl. Those three accounted for just under 53% of Florida State's total receiving yards and 15 of its 25 touchdowns through the air."

Still kind of scratching my head about where they go from here.

All I know is they better buckle up for this weekend. If they don't look good then it they lose any shot at questioning the committee's judgement which is pivotal to their case that being in the ACC is the problem.
Lucky for them UGA is equally unexcited about being there.

Back