Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Honestly, they really should at this point. The committee told them that what they do on the field is unimportant and they seem to have internalized that message.

This. It's not just Rodemaker it is also:

Florida State will be shorthanded for the bowl game. Running back Trey Benson, wide receiver Johnny Wilson and defensive end Jared Verse have all entered the NFL draft early and opted out. Tight end Jaheim Bell and defensive tackle Fabien Lovett are entering the draft but have not clarified if they will play in the bowl game.

Seriously though, why does any player show up for a bowl game if they have a legit shot at the NFL?

Teams will start to write bowl game participation in their NIL agreements.

I don't think teams can write NIL agreements; but I get your point. The team supporters writing NIL agreements need to put it in...but I'm not sure how you make a guy perform on the field contractually. You can make him put on a uniform and go out on the field; but he can just stand around after that. :dunno:

FSU is shortsighted and well lacking in judgment and the below is just dumb - oh did I forget whiners. With that said they are still part of the ACC so I will cheer for them until they are gone - which may be never. Oregon St can't hold a candle to rich Stanford which has a good tradition and will be back. Cal is in SanFran and very smart How do you even get to Oregon St? I guess the same way you get to Tallahassee, by truck.

FSU is shortsighted and well lacking in judgment and the below is just dumb - oh did I forget whiners. With that said they are still part of the ACC so I will cheer for them until they are gone - which may be never. Oregon St can't hold a candle to rich Stanford which has a good tradition and will be back. Cal is in SanFran and very smart How do you even get to Oregon St? I guess the same way you get to Tallahassee, by truck.
Desperation hail Mary by FSU. Claim "we wanted Oregon State" and try to use their finish in the polls to show that the ACC was not acting in the best interests of the ACC member schools by adding Cal, Stanford, and SMU when Oregon State is a "better" choice

Stanford has more billionaire grads than any FBS school and is in a major media market

Cal also has a high number of billionaire grads and is also in a major media market.

SMU is ALSO in a major media market and has a large number of billionaire grads and, unlike FSU, doesn't need that ööööing conference payout, just a path.

FSU is just a bunch of crybabies at this point.

A bunch of crybabies who just ran roughshod over this conference for an undefeated season. I’m sure they aren’t too worried about what a bunch of fanbases who support .500 teams think of them.

Miami is like any other major city. There are super nice areas and there are areas nicer than the crapholes where you or I live.

As for those cities, every single one of those cities was in the BIG10 before media rights were even a major consideration, except maybe Lincoln. Media rights are absolutely vital for the conference now. Recruiting south Florida would be much more attractive to Ohio State and Michigan than getting to show up in ööööhole Tallahassee and forcing your fans to try to find a damn path to get to that öööö hole of a town.
I’m not sure media rights matter as much as they used to. I think the Big Ten and SEC want people who will subscribe to their channels/streaming. I think GT fans actually would do this at a high percentage. We just don’t have the numbers these big. State schools do. We do have a lot going for us in terms of Big Ten appeal. But it might be too late.

I could see a situation where the Big Ten dumps Rutgers for a clump of ACC teams plus ND. Rutgers media rights don’t get NYC any more.
A bunch of crybabies who just ran roughshod over this conference for an undefeated season. I’m sure they aren’t too worried about what a bunch of fanbases who support .500 teams think of them.
I mean part of the problem was they didn’t actually run roughshod over the conference. Multiple one possession and/or OT victories.

I’m not sure media rights matter as much as they used to. I think the Big Ten and SEC want people who will subscribe to their channels/streaming. I think GT fans actually would do this at a high percentage. We just don’t have the numbers these big. State schools do. We do have a lot going for us in terms of Big Ten appeal. But it might be too late.

I could see a situation where the Big Ten dumps Rutgers for a clump of ACC teams plus ND. Rutgers media rights don’t get NYC any more.

I mean part of the problem was they didn’t actually run roughshod over the conference. Multiple one possession and/or OT victories.
They care - I know they care about GT from my contacts

They didn’t play us.
Did they miss a game on their schedule? I’m sure we would have played them every bit as tough as we played a mid level Clemson team.

We have our chance to shut them up where it counts - next August on a field. Hopefully we show up ready to ”take it” as CPJ would say.

Honestly, they really should at this point. The committee told them that what they do on the field is unimportant and they seem to have internalized that message.
So what the committee tells them influences them more than their own pride or their own self respect or their own fans.

These rankings, human or computer, got it wrong. That the Committee comes out with a straight face and justifies their decision that FSU is not the same team without its QB and therefore should be left out in favor of one loss Texas and Alabama, yet somehow is still better than one loss teams Ohio State and Georgia, who loss to Michigan and Bama, is shameful. Their hypocrisy and the fact they are in the pocket of the networks could not be more evident. FSU is not as good as Texas and Alabama but better than Georgia and Ohio State?How convenient! Their credibility would have been better if FSU came in 7th in their final rankings.

I don't think teams can write NIL agreements; but I get your point. The team supporters writing NIL agreements need to put it in...but I'm not sure how you make a guy perform on the field contractually. You can make him put on a uniform and go out on the field; but he can just stand around after that. :dunno:

Hmmm. We've never had a prima dona player do that before, have we? :bfd:

When listening to a rerun of College Sports Sunday on XM Radio yesterday, they had Andrea Adelson on talking all things FSU / future of the ACC. Adelson reiterated that ESPN has the option to renew or get out of the media deal after the 2026 for the 2027 season. It is a part of the GOR that is being overlooked in this whole story. So while the ACC GOR would still be in place, it may be a lower payout if ESPN releases the ACC and say CW, Fox etc picks it up through 2036.

FSU has been quite publicly recruiting other transfer QB so we felt it was time to move on.

LOL
Correct. They are a finalist for DJU.

Roddemaker could still play in the Orange Bowl if Norvell lets him. A lot of coaches have let players play in bowls who are in the Portal.

When listening to a rerun of College Sports Sunday on XM Radio yesterday, they had Andrea Adelson on talking all things FSU / future of the ACC. Adelson reiterated that ESPN has the option to renew or get out of the media deal after the 2026 for the 2027 season. It is a part of the GOR that is being overlooked in this whole story. So while the ACC GOR would still be in place, it may be a lower payout if ESPN releases the ACC and say CW, Fox etc picks it up through 2036.
Or, it could be we get our crack ACC team of negotiators on it and secure a BIG10 style contract. Maybe those powerful billionaires from Stanford, Cal, and SMU will turn some screws.

Back