Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

I think the question arises in that you say you fly private , and I also assume Saban flys private.

Ignoring that, which I really don’t care if anyone on here is lying about their material worth, I wouldn’t expect any coach (Saban or otherwise) to crap on anyone else in their own biz to a random person on a flight who’ll just run to social medial to put them on blast. So I take nothing away from that. I’d be more interested to hear what Saban and Key have to say to each other about the matter.

I don’t always fly private and apparently he doesn’t either. He had 5 guys with him all sitting in coach.

I don’t always fly private and apparently he doesn’t either. He had 5 guys with him all sitting in coach.
You mean he didn't get the Lincoln Riley contract of having use of the university private jet 24/7/365?

I don’t know what to tell you man…you seem to have it all figured out.
Listen man, you can disagree and that’s perfectly fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion as it relates to GT and the sec / previous feelings by other schools related to GT. I agree with you that if this was 1994 or even 2004 that ancient history would play a part into blocking any return to the sec. That said in soon to be 2024, I don’t think any ancient history would play a part. Conference realignment is not what it once was.

Look at the handshake agreement the sec made to TAMU when they joined in 2011 related to blocking a future (now present) admission of Texas into the sec. They lost and lost hard when trying to block Texas in 2020 after being promised it would never happen when TAMU left the B12 for the sec. In less than a decade things changed that much.

The only thing the B1G and sec care about as it relates to expansion now is are they a “brand” value add. And if they aren’t a ”brand” value add, do they bring a TV market currently not in place. GT is both for the B1G, and not for the sec.

You want me to ban JJacket for a year? Who are you guys gonna pick as your number one enemy around here? The whole thing would come crashing down by month 2. Maybe while I’m at it maybe I could also ban Coit and gtphd too and we can just post videos of Haynes King passes and say Go Jackets to one another. Come on man.
@GTCrew says hi

Someone needs to do an AI image based on this post
Dall E 2 just generated this.

DALL·E 2023-12-24 18.24.06.png

Also, no one is going to believe this, but back in 2019 I flew to Miami from Atlanta and sat next to Nick Saban. The clown had just hired Brent Key and I talked to Saban about Key. Saban was very complimentary.

None of you will believe this but I don’t care.
Years ago a buddy of mine was on a flight with former Pitt / current TCU hoops coach Jamie Dixon, he said he would have been the GT hoops HC had GT been able to pay him. Would have really been a different program post Hewitt under Dixon for sure.

Years ago a buddy of mine was on a flight with former Pitt / current TCU hoops coach Jamie Dixon, he said he would have been the GT hoops HC had GT been able to pay him. Would have really been a different program post Hewitt under Dixon for sure.

Man. I hate reading this. I’ve wanted Jamie Dixon has our head coach forever.

He's a bit quirky but has had great success, can't criticize his record. It's amazing that an AD could screw up a program for 15 years with a bad contract. We couldn't fire the coach - cost too much - and when we did we couldn't afford to pay for a decent replacement coach due to how much we owed.

He's a bit quirky but has had great success, can't criticize his record. It's amazing that an AD could screw up a program for 15 years with a bad contract. We couldn't fire the coach - cost too much - and when we did we couldn't afford to pay for a decent replacement coach due to how much we owed.
This is where programs fundamentally differ. There are those programs that look at a bad situation and say, “we can’t afford to keep doing this” and others that say, “I don’t know how we can afford to do anything else”. We’ve been the latter for far too long. Hopefully times are changing.

Back