Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

You certainly are. At least, when FSU leaves the league, I won't have to worry about you doing the tomahawk chop at a GT/FSU game.
Keep believing that if you want to. Sad to see someone who is pretty smart be so angry. Hope you have a good day.

Miami is like any other major city. There are super nice areas and there are areas nicer than the crapholes where you or I live.

As for those cities, every single one of those cities was in the BIG10 before media rights were even a major consideration, except maybe Lincoln. Media rights are absolutely vital for the conference now. Recruiting south Florida would be much more attractive to Ohio State and Michigan than getting to show up in ööööhole Tallahassee and forcing your fans to try to find a damn path to get to that öööö hole of a town.
You don't like skinny pines and pulpwood trucks I guess

Miami is like any other major city. There are super nice areas and there are areas nicer than the crapholes where you or I live.

I go to Miami quite a bit and it’s nicer than most other cities. The skyline is ridiculous and is really only second to NY (and maybe Chicago).

The Italian embassy’s is in Coral Gables. It’s on top of a Ferrari / Maserati dealership and shares space with a yacht dealer. It’s a nice area.

UM/Miami and GT/Atlanta have a lot going for them- AAU schools, big tv markets, recruiting hotbeds, easy access via airport and desirable roadtrips, historically successful football, large BIG alumni bases living in both.

Tallahassee is a perfect SEC town, Think Starkville, MS with a tan....

Wow. My eyes only read $72 mill. Just woke up I guess
I thought "Oh öööö. Is it the $572 million + whatever media rights will go to FSU?"

I still say if Texas A&M can pay one man $75 million not to coach then FSU can pay a conference $572 million to leave

I go to Miami quite a bit and it’s nicer than most other cities. The skyline is ridiculous and is really only second to NY (and maybe Chicago).

The Italian embassy’s is in Coral Gables. It’s on top of a Ferrari / Maserati dealership and shares space with a yacht dealer. It’s a nice area.
Dammit, I agree with you. Miami isn't even really a part of Florida. It is nothing like Ocala, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, or Gainesville. Miami is a true international city.

Tell me you don’t know about southern football fans without telling me. Ole Miss and MSU fans absolutely have an animus against GT and there remains a significant dislike from the Bama old timers as well.

I do agree that expansion is all about ROI, but don’t think those old grudges aren’t real.
You are 100% correct, we are universally despised by SEC fans, most are too ignorant or stupid to understand the circumstances that caused us to leave or the reasons why we didn’t play games in Miss. Threads pop up in secrant about Tech from time to time- here’s one from yesterday.

You are 100% correct, we are universally despised by SEC fans, most are too ignorant or stupid to understand the circumstances that caused us to leave or the reasons why we didn’t play games in Miss. Threads pop up in secrant about Tech from time to time- here’s one from yesterday.

lol. Arkansas fan talking öööö about the city of Atlanta and GT’s athletics program. Lmao.

You honestly think anyone would pick Tallahassee over Miami? Maybe old people would for the slower pace. Also Miami is AAU and I think the B1G still cares at least a little bit about that. FSU has SEC written all over it, not B1G.

Tell me you don’t know about southern football fans without telling me. Ole Miss and MSU fans absolutely have an animus against GT and there remains a significant dislike from the Bama old timers as well.

I do agree that expansion is all about ROI, but don’t think those old grudges aren’t real.
I was born and raised in Georgia from 1980 until I moved out post college graduation in 2004. I have buddies who went to Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, South Carolina, UF and of course the other school, and none of them care one way or the other whether or not GT is eventually back in the sec. They don’t think the sec should expand past Texas and Oklahoma as it is now.

So while there may be some kind of narrative from the 65 & over age group regarding GT, people under 65 from those schools aren’t going to stand on their heads against the sec bringing GT back.

The B1G is the best option for GT and was when they should have joined a decade ago.

Great. Why don’t you go buy a tomahawk and signed Bobby Bowden poster and donate to their exit fee.

I am well aware of their title in 2013 and playoff appearance in 2014. I really don’t need you to itemize for me. They also hired Willie Taggart and have been playing terrible football up and until this year. Our game with them last year was one of the worst football games I’ve ever seen. They are no where near Clemson’s recent success or can even sniff their success of the 90s/early 2000s.

It’s a free country and welcome to do as they please but I think they are way overplaying their hand.
You clearly asked what they have done over the last 10 years to warrant their displeasure for the ACC, and the results show they are still right behind Clemson carrying the ACC, despite the bad final years under Jimbo and the Willie Taggart years. And I think you also know by now Clemson is like Oklahoma behind Texas and UCLA behind USC just waiting silently to bolt with FSU at the same time, but just letting FSU do all the leg work.

FSU has every right to do what they are doing. Swafford absolutely screwed every ACC school with this ridiculous GOR locked into place until 2036 (yes each school signed it as a panic move since they were falling further and further behind the other leagues even then), while the B1G and sec with brand new deals will have 2 more deals between now and 2036. The loss of revenue each ACC school will have compared to the B1G and sec by then is astronomical.

FSU has a legit shot to actually pull this out going by the notion of an unsustainable agreement compared to the other conferences. The ACC will likely in the end agree to a buyout like Texas / OU and USC / UCLA, and the ACC will eventually fold before 2036.

Chip Kelly’s idea of 1 CFB league separated from all other college sports is what really needs to happen. This would allow traditional conferences to remain in place for all other sports.

I was born and raised in Georgia from 1980 until I moved out post college graduation in 2004. I have buddies who went to Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, South Carolina, UF and of course the other school, and none of them care one way or the other whether or not GT is eventually back in the sec. They don’t think the sec should expand past Texas and Oklahoma as it is now.

So while there may be some kind of narrative from the 65 & over age group regarding GT, people under 65 from those schools aren’t going to stand on their heads against the sec bringing GT back.

The B1G is the best option for GT and was when they should have joined a decade ago.

I don’t know what to tell you man…you seem to have it all figured out.

As reported by numerous outlets over the last 72 hours, neither the B1G or sec will show any kind of interest in FSU until the legal issues with this exit from the ACC are worked out. More than likely FSU will be in the ACC for a minimum of 2 years (already locked in until 2025) with the reoccurring membership for the following year happening each end of July / early August. This process is going to take a long time through the court system over the next 2 years before the eventual reduction in buyout terms are agreed upon by FSU and the ACC, and then the bidding war between the B1G and SEC will begin.

Until then neither the B1G or SEC will get involved for obvious reasons.

Also, no one is going to believe this, but back in 2019 I flew to Miami from Atlanta and sat next to Nick Saban. The clown had just hired Brent Key and I talked to Saban about Key. Saban was very complimentary.

None of you will believe this but I don’t care.

Also, no one is going to believe this, but back in 2019 I flew to Miami from Atlanta and sat next to Nick Saban. The clown had just hired Brent Key and I talked to Saban about Key. Saban was very complimentary.

Only in actuality, Nick Saban was a black female, and it wasn't a flight to Miami, it was a bus to Macon, and you asked about fun things to do in Bibb County.

I think the question arises in that you say you fly private , and I also assume Saban flys private.

Ignoring that, which I really don’t care if anyone on here is lying about their material worth, I wouldn’t expect any coach (Saban or otherwise) to crap on anyone else in their own biz to a random person on a flight who’ll just run to social medial to put them on blast. So I take nothing away from that. I’d be more interested to hear what Saban and Key have to say to each other about the matter.

Back