Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

You just like to argue for arguing sake.
You just like being wrong for? If you don't think every single person working on this for FSU, from the president of the university, AD, coaching staff, lawyers, and fanbase haven't been allowing, and festering, the "they are our lessers" angle, then you are pretty dense.

Because of the cesspool and the MS mafia our only hope for the SEC is their desire to keep the B10 out of Atlanta.
This is simply not true. The new B1G and sec are focused on ROI. There is no ROI for the sec to bring GT back. It has nothing to do with something that happened almost 60 years ago. And the fact of the matter is, GT and GT alone chose to leave the sec. So explain what value GT brings back to that conference?

The B1G on the other hand knows GT adds value. It’s a large market in a transplant city with fans / alums of traditional and new B1G schools. Just like the B1G knows getting FSU and Clemson add values becoming a full blown national conference by adding the Southeast footprint.

The tinfoil hat conspiracy theories are just that at this point. No Mississippi school alum or fan can give 2 ishes about something from almost 60 years ago, so they aren’t going to stand on their heads and say “no” to adding GT.

Exactly. Most of the ones all pissed off about what they are doing are they same ones who complained how crappy and irrelevant the ACC is. They act like it is an affront to schools like Tech. It isn’t. Like it or not, the ACC is crap. We can hang on and go down with the ship or hope someone is trying to be proactive as well

I don’t view it as an affront to GT or any other ACC school for that matter. It’s their hubris and willingness to blow up the conference for their own gain.

ACC leadership is terrible and I would run at the chance to rejoin the SEC. But we …. and FSU…signed the GOR and have to live by the decision. You can hate the ACC leadership and also despise the actions of FSU, they’re not mutually exclusive.

This is simply not true. The new B1G and sec are focused on ROI. There is no ROI for the sec to bring GT back. It has nothing to do with something that happened almost 60 years ago. And the fact of the matter is, GT and GT alone chose to leave the sec. So explain what value GT brings back to that conference?

The B1G on the other hand knows GT adds value. It’s a large market in a transplant city with fans / alums of traditional and new B1G schools. Just like the B1G knows getting FSU and Clemson add values becoming a full blown national conference by adding the Southeast footprint.

The tinfoil hat conspiracy theories are just that at this point. No Mississippi school alum or fan can give 2 ishes about something from almost 60 years ago, so they aren’t going to stand on their heads and say “no” to adding GT.

Tell me you don’t know about southern football fans without telling me. Ole Miss and MSU fans absolutely have an animus against GT and there remains a significant dislike from the Bama old timers as well.

I do agree that expansion is all about ROI, but don’t think those old grudges aren’t real.

FSU is pathetic. Used to be a lowkey fan except when playing GT but now view them as the biggest babies in cfb. What, exactly, have they done in football in the last 10 years? They’re like Miami …living on legacy and devoid of reality. Go get a backup QB and maybe you’re in the playoffs….what a bunch of pansies.

They would rather blow up the conference to serve their ego. News alert: the SEC doesn’t want you and you’re too stupid to get in the BIG10. Have fun with your new Big12 rival Central Florida.

thank you. I feel better now…and Merry Christmas.
What has FSU done in 10 years? More than any school in the ACC not named Clemson.

They won the last BCS MNC (1/6/2014) and have a CFP semifinal game (1/5/2015) on their resume. Add the following in between and after the lean years:

2013: 14-0 BCS MNC
2014: 13-1 CFP Semi
2015: 10-3
2016: 10-3
2022: 10-3
2023: 13-0

Tell me you don’t know about southern football fans without telling me. Ole Miss and MSU fans absolutely have an animus against GT and there remains a significant dislike from the Bama old timers as well.

I do agree that expansion is all about ROI, but don’t think those old grudges aren’t real.
Most I know, and I am good friends with a Mississippi State fan, is they couldn't care less about what happened 60 years ago or Georgia Tech. I'm guessing they feel likewise about Tulane and Sewanee

So the 75 year old + fans have animosity towards GT. That’s fine. I’ll give you that. The other 90% have no idea about GT and sec history.

And again, the fact is GT and GT alone chose to leave the sec. The sec didn’t kick them out. This is a self inflicted wound.

What has FSU done in 10 years? More than any school in the ACC not named Clemson.

They won the last BCS MNC (1/6/2014) and have a CFP semifinal game (1/5/2015) on their resume. Add the following in between and after the lean years:

2013: 14-0 BCS MNC
2014: 13-1 CFP Semi
2015: 10-3
2016: 10-3
2022: 10-3

Great. Why don’t you go buy a tomahawk and signed Bobby Bowden poster and donate to their exit fee.

I am well aware of their title in 2013 and playoff appearance in 2014. I really don’t need you to itemize for me. They also hired Willie Taggart and have been playing terrible football up and until this year. Our game with them last year was one of the worst football games I’ve ever seen. They are no where near Clemson’s recent success or can even sniff their success of the 90s/early 2000s.

It’s a free country and welcome to do as they please but I think they are way overplaying their hand.

Most I know, and I am good friends with a Mississippi State fan, is they couldn't care less about what happened 60 years ago or Georgia Tech. I'm guessing they feel likewise about Tulane and Sewanee

Not saying you’re wrong, but that’s not been my experience, at least for anyone over forty. Ole Miss/MSU/Bama fans can be very self conscious. The old timers writing the checks still resent Dodd for not traveling to Mississippi while Bama thinks we’re a bunch of snobs…which we are…but screw them.

I think Tenn/AU/Florida fans on the whole would like to see us back in SEC. The Mississippi schools would absolutely try to block because of the old grudges.

I hate FSU but if I get any more reports of someone pulling for uga to beat fsu I’m gonna start increasing the bans from 7 days to a month. You’re Georgia Tech fans, there’s no acceptable scenario where you root for the dwags. Root for a meteor strike if you want but don’t come here posting about rooting for uga.
Hey, I was drinking!!
Like I usta say to my dad when I was about to get a knot in my head for busting something.... I'M SORRREEEE

I hate FSU but if I get any more reports of someone pulling for uga to beat fsu I’m gonna start increasing the bans from 7 days to a month. You’re Georgia Tech fans, there’s no acceptable scenario where you root for the dwags. Root for a meteor strike if you want but don’t come here posting about rooting for uga.
With all due respect mein Führer, 7 days and even 1 month are bullshit bans. Drop the damn hammer. Any form of uga fellating, direct or indirect, should result in a one year ban. And should be renewed annually a la Hewitt.

So the 75 year old + fans have animosity towards GT. That’s fine. I’ll give you that. The other 90% have no idea about GT and sec history.

And again, the fact is GT and GT alone chose to leave the sec. The sec didn’t kick them out. This is a self inflicted wound.

I am well aware that GT chose to leave the SEC captain obvious and not arguing that point. If you think it is only the 75 year old fans that keep old grudges, then I don’t know what to tell you.

You just like being wrong for? If you don't think every single person working on this for FSU, from the president of the university, AD, coaching staff, lawyers, and fanbase haven't been allowing, and festering, the "they are our lessers" angle, then you are pretty dense.
You keep putting this crap back on “we think we are better than you”l. Here is the truth; FSU has a 150 million $ athletic budget and the GOR is funding about 1/5 of that. The deal is fine for schools like BC or Wake Forest who work on about 40% of that. Trust me, the people at FSU don’t feel superior, just about half broke. Don’t know why a guy like you, who is typically pretty logical, can’t see this

I’ve got to imagine there’s some back channel deal for FSU to join either the B1G or the SEC already in place.
Maybe but I doubt it. I'm sure FSU has talked to SEC and BigI but I am guessing the two conferences told them figure out GOR and we will talk. But who knows? Clearly FSU can't make the numbers work by paying off GOR/exit fees or they would be doing that. What is the number they need $200MM?

I happen to think the ACC is the right place for GT with or without FSU. Bringing on Stanford, Cal and SMU was key. The ACC is superior to the Big12 by a little in talent and from what I've seen the money is as good if not better.

College football may have a new subdivision in time (guess 2030) so if the FSU lawsuit gets hung up in court via stall moves by ACC - we may have a complete overhul of college football resulting in this lawsuit being frivolous. That would be my guess.

If Texas A&M can pay one guy $75 million not to coach their team, FSU can pay $572 million to leave a league.

Not saying you’re wrong, but that’s not been my experience, at least for anyone over forty. Ole Miss/MSU/Bama fans can be very self conscious. The old timers writing the checks still resent Dodd for not traveling to Mississippi while Bama thinks we’re a bunch of snobs…which we are…but screw them.

I think Tenn/AU/Florida fans on the whole would like to see us back in SEC. The Mississippi schools would absolutely try to block because of the old grudges.

Most of the Bama and MSU fans I know, and nearly all of them are over 40, want GT back in the SEC. A lot of them do believe GT grads are snobs; but that doesn't have much to do with football. Most GT grads are snobs, especially the ones who loathe football and basketball. Bobby Dodd stopped coaching 45+ years ago and died 35 years ago, most 40-50 year old SEC don't know who he is, much less what an ass he was, he is just some smuck in black & white photos. It is GT arrogance to think Dodd is living rent free in SEC supporters heads. Our fate as to where we end up is more heavily influenced by TV executives than some grandpa SEC donor.

I say all that as someone who thinks FSU, GT, & UNC would be better fits in the B1G than the SEC.

With all due respect mein Führer, 7 days and even 1 month are bullshit bans. Drop the damn hammer. Any form of uga fellating, direct or indirect, should result in a one year ban. And should be renewed annually a la Hewitt.
You want me to ban JJacket for a year? Who are you guys gonna pick as your number one enemy around here? The whole thing would come crashing down by month 2. Maybe while I’m at it maybe I could also ban Coit and gtphd too and we can just post videos of Haynes King passes and say Go Jackets to one another. Come on man.

there is only one hate that rivals UGAg hate and that's Duke hoops hate. Having said if you put Bobby Hurley and Stetson Bennett in a steel cage deathmatch Im showing up with white and blue pom poms.

Though this would be a mismatch given that Hurley is so much younger than Bennett.

THWG.

Back