Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Hell, people still ask me if we’re running the option

Funny thing is, we are still running a lot of option now. And winning more games running option plays.

We just don’t line up under center with three backs anymore.

Funny thing is, we are still running a lot of option now. And winning more games running option plays.

We just don’t line up under center with three backs anymore.
I noticed that. It was working against UCF so we kept running it.

If they win on that, then no contracts are enforceable.
Contracts get litigated and renegotiated all the time. Don’t know what’s enforceable until you try to enforce it. How much would the ACC and ESPN be willing to spend to enforce the GOR? Could be a long and expensive legal battle.

From what I’ve read the B12 hasn’t put up much fight enforcing contract terms on Texas and Oklahoma. Seems like they’ve tried to cut losses rather than spend big money on litigation.

If FSU’s suit actually goes forward, we’ll get a better idea what the conference’s pain threshold is.

want to know how FSU will raise 572 million dollars. And to think I felt sorry for them not making the playoffs.

1703355054744.png

FSU is pathetic. Used to be a lowkey fan except when playing GT but now view them as the biggest babies in cfb. What, exactly, have they done in football in the last 10 years? They’re like Miami …living on legacy and devoid of reality. Go get a backup QB and maybe you’re in the playoffs….what a bunch of pansies.

They would rather blow up the conference to serve their ego. News alert: the SEC doesn’t want you and you’re too stupid to get in the BIG10. Have fun with your new Big12 rival Central Florida.

thank you. I feel better now…and Merry Christmas.

FSU’s fans are super arrogant and in the Bowden years they assume they deserved that level of success. Didn’t appreciate it was special and not easy to recreate. Instead of looking at their internal issues (they actually struggle with season tickets and funding raising compared to the UGA, Bamas of the world), they blamed everyone else for their issues.

If they had been proponents of the ACC, they could have helped to grow it in certain ways but all they wanted to do was talk it down so they could blame it for its problems.

I hope this bites them in the ass; it is what they deserve.

I don’t get the FSU hate here. We all feel exactly the same way that they do about the ACC TV deal. They are just willing to try to do something to break out of it.

And we have all said that the ACC gets treated like the red-headed stepsister by the rest of college football, and now we have concrete proof of that this year with their snub.

I don’t have a problem being empathetic to their cause.

I don’t get the FSU hate here. We all feel exactly the same way that they do about the ACC TV deal. They are just willing to try to do something to break out of it.

And we have all said that the ACC gets treated like the red-headed stepsister by the rest of college football, and now we have concrete proof of that this year with their snub.

I don’t have a problem being empathetic to their cause.
Exactly. Most of the ones all pissed off about what they are doing are they same ones who complained how crappy and irrelevant the ACC is. They act like it is an affront to schools like Tech. It isn’t. Like it or not, the ACC is crap. We can hang on and go down with the ship or hope someone is trying to be proactive as well

If would be really dumb if they are fighting this hard to get out and don't know where they will go. I guess
someone might pull an offer and they get burned.
I’ve got to imagine there’s some back channel deal for FSU to join either the B1G or the SEC already in place.

Exactly. Most of the ones all pissed off about what they are doing are they same ones who complained how crappy and irrelevant the ACC is. They act like it is an affront to schools like Tech. It isn’t. Like it or not, the ACC is crap. We can hang on and go down with the ship or hope someone is trying to be proactive as well
The issue is FSU is actively slandering the remaining teams in the ACC and damaging the rest of us just so THEY can get paid. They would willfully step on any of us, break us financially, just so they could move on. If they want to move on so badly, pay the $572 million and hit the road, per what they agreed to when they signed it. The whole "we are better than them" angle is why I want FSU, the entire university, to just fall into ruin.

I’ve got to imagine there’s some back channel deal for FSU to join either the B1G or the SEC already in place.

Not necessarily. Break te GoR then use that to negotiate for differential payout among teams. If the B1G or SEC come calling, so be it.

The issue is FSU is actively slandering the remaining teams in the ACC and damaging the rest of us just so THEY can get paid. They would willfully step on any of us, break us financially, just so they could move on. If they want to move on so badly, pay the $572 million and hit the road, per what they agreed to when they signed it. The whole "we are better than them" angle is why I want FSU, the entire university, to just fall into ruin.

They aren’t slandering the remaining teams. They are saying that the ACC TV deal sucks and puts them (and by extension all ACC teams) at a disadvantage as compared to teams in the SEC and B1G.

They aren’t slandering the remaining teams. They are saying that the ACC TV deal sucks and puts them (and by extension all ACC teams) at a disadvantage as compared to teams in the SEC and B1G.
Horseshit they haven't been.

Simply not true. And I am in the midst of FSU people. That is just your. Perception

Simply not true. And I am in the midst of FSU people. That is just your. Perception
Absolutely true. FSU is doing nothing to assuage the outcry from their base that the ACC is an inferior league with inferior team. I'm sorry you stupid bumpkins can't see this is part of their play. They absolutely could take the angle that they are doing what is best for the ACC and member schools. Their fanbase will have none of that. Their superiority complex will not allow for it. So, we are held as inferior to the nightly Seminoles and you assholes drink at their altar by thinking "maybe there is something in this for Georgia Tech". I assure you there isn't. öööö FSU. öööö their assholes fanbase. I hope the school ends up destitute and playing in the even worse Big12 with UCF

Absolutely true. FSU is doing nothing to assuage the outcry from their base that the ACC is an inferior league with inferior team. I'm sorry you stupid bumpkins can't see this is part of their play. They absolutely could take the angle that they are doing what is best for the ACC and member schools. Their fanbase will have none of that. Their superiority complex will not allow for it. So, we are held as inferior to the nightly Seminoles and you assholes drink at their altar by thinking "maybe there is something in this for Georgia Tech". I assure you there isn't. öööö FSU. öööö their assholes fanbase. I hope the school ends up destitute and playing in the even worse Big12 with UCF
You just like to argue for arguing sake.

So maybe this has come up before and I missed it but if F$U breaks the GoR, then its broke for us too (even if on their dime).

That could have some interesting implications.

Back