Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Like the poster earlier, I'm trying talk myself into how GT in the Sunbelt can be a good thing but it isn't working!

No one is crying over losing FSU. I'm concerned about what will happen to GT when the ACC collapses. We gonna end up like Washington St?

Freaking out about it isn’t gonna fix anything. We have very little knowledge of what’s actually happening behind the scenes. FSU is going anywhere and ACC isn’t collapsing anytime soon. They wouldn’t be making this much noise if they weren’t trying to get leverage on ACC.

At what point do the SEC and B1G start kicking out their scrubs to grab up the best from the ACC and Big XII, so they combined have the best 32 or 36 programs, form their own premiere league, and tell the rest of college football to F off?
Everyone has balked at the notion of promotion/relegation in P4 CFB, but it’s quite obvious that’s what the B1G and sec are eventually going to do.

Han Shot First

I asked ChatGPT how this would go in a North Carolina court. Apparently an ACC football official would be the bailiff.

1703278577312.png

1703278760658.png

ACC claims this legal battle belongs in North Carolina, not Florida. Let the wine and cheese crowd judges and lawyers try this thing and the Noles will be lucky to keep a single tent for their flying circus.

I hope FSU leaves, pays a huge exit fee, and then gets stuck in the B12 for about the same yearly payout.
If would be really dumb if they are fighting this hard to get out and don't know where they will go. I guess
someone might pull an offer and they get burned.

It looks suspicious that the ACC didn't really raise any hell over FlawDuhState not making the playoffs. (Not any that I noticed). It does seem that a "fifth" column exists. The overall plan to destroy the ACC from inside, and realign college football into an elitist club, governed by ESPN and others with enough money to control events. This may be the only way ESPN survives. They only care about the money and daddy Disney is Not going to bail them out.
Phillips is subversive.

There are 2 conferences that tech could go to that are better and one of them probably ruins all regional rivalries. Or the acc could stay. Every other scenario is pretty much a disaster. This feels like very low odds of tech getting a better deal.

The HELL you say…..lol….. pull for ugaY…… you gotta be $hittin me sir
I don’t understand the posters who are going nuts over them taking the lead to break this ridiculous GOR? If this stupid thing is broken, it can only help Tech.

I don’t understand the posters who are going nuts over them taking the lead to break this ridiculous GOR? If this stupid thing is broken, it can only help Tech.
And how, exactly, is it going to help GT?

Unfortunately I think a lot of us overestimate our value to the wider CFB world. They don't care about history- just fan base size and winning. We are picking a good time to get much better though.

And how, exactly, is it going to help GT?
Explain to me how the GOR is helping any program in the ACC? Every program is 35 million $ behind the two big dog conferences. At the very least, a restructuring of an agreement would put much more money in every program’s coffers. I don’t know if it moves the needle in Tech’s favor in the short run, but all signs point to just a couple of mega leagues. That has to give Tech a fighting chance. The current ACC structure is so demeaned on every level right now.

Back